Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Cromwell

Arcane
They did something to match making that makes team composition 'closer' in level range. The drawback is it seems to take five times as long to find a match now. I'd usually just do co-op vs. bot and now it takes at least 10 minutes.

they can fuck themselves. I dont know what numbers exactly go in matchmaking, but as long as stupid fucks who put more money in this game then I make in a month can have a higher level then me, without even having as much games obverall then I have won already it will never work.

If it goes by winrate then its even more fucked. And afterall nobody saves me from "friends" who "work well together and are in skype" as they feed their lane with riki and troll. because one friend is level then and the other, by power of the mighty compendium, is level 70.

Right now im trying my best to figure out why to play at all, I cant get better if I dont have enough good players which stomp me from which I can learn smething, my level means shit, I cant escape them regardless of how well or not I play, theres no Laddersystem (not from valve at least) and since a while ago i dont even get some Item anymore since now I get bombed with cards and chests.

Castanova

Prophet
They did something to match making that makes team composition 'closer' in level range. The drawback is it seems to take five times as long to find a match now. I'd usually just do co-op vs. bot and now it takes at least 10 minutes.

Nah, the level range has nothing to do with it. They altered the algorithm in terms of your hidden MMR, especially when you're playing with a group.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I see. Anyway, I don't really play much anymore but this change basically shuts down my interest entirely. Whereas before I could jump in a match within 30 seconds now it's not worth the wait. I'd just as soon as play offline/bot practice for a weekly fix.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I see. Anyway, I don't really play much anymore but this change basically shuts down my interest entirely. Whereas before I could jump in a match within 30 seconds now it's not worth the wait. I'd just as soon as play offline/bot practice for a weekly fix.

Play in a party, I am playing with Merk and Orma and we usually win. You play EU?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Nope. Plus I'm not exceptionally good. But, like I said, I rarely play these days. Maybe once or twice a week.

Coriolanus

Learned
MM was based off how well you did in games IIRC and had nothing to do with level. You could get to Very High bracket in 3 or so go games off a fresh account.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You mean win/loss? Kill/death/assist ratio? Anyway seems like they tweaked it a bit as now I can get games in under a minute.

Cromwell

Arcane
MM was based off how well you did in games IIRC and had nothing to do with level. You could get to Very High bracket in 3 or so go games off a fresh account.

I thought there wree no hard brackets, and the bracket which your game was in was decided after the game ended. It would help to know exactly how the mmr is calculated.

My motivaton to play seriously goes out of the window if I dont see a point.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Anyway, whatever they did I'm continually stuck with retards who lose to bots. I think I led my last game in kills as AA. Just going to stick to me + bots vs. bots. The bots are at least somewhat proficient.

Coriolanus

Learned

I thought there wree no hard brackets, and the bracket which your game was in was decided after the game ended. It would help to know exactly how the mmr is calculated.

My motivaton to play seriously goes out of the window if I dont see a point.

The point is to improve. Pick an area where you are weak (micro? map control? early game?), and try to get better. Just like any other competitive sport. If you want to play for points or visible ranking, join any of the inhouse leagues - all of them have individual ranking systems.

Anyway, whatever they did I'm continually stuck with retards who lose to bots. I think I led my last game in kills as AA. Just going to stick to me + bots vs. bots. The bots are at least somewhat proficient.

There is only 1 guaranteed way to win at matchmaking with low skilled v. low skilled. Get a face-rolling mid ganker (SF, QoP, TA...), go mid, destroy their mid, gank lanes and win the game fast. If you can't win with a face-rolling mid hero v. low skilled players regardless of your own team's performance, then you don't belong in a higher bracket.

Once you get to the higher skilled bracket (by consistently winning and doing well) where you supposedly belong, you can get back to playing carry/support or whichever other role you prefer. A good (and "tryhard") player in solo queue should be able to maintain 55-60% or so winrate.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
From my experience you can ensure wins either by:
1. picking a strong mid, totally controlling the lane then spilling out to side lanes with some ganks - OD, TA, QoP, Puck, SF come to mind,
2. outfarming everyone - Alch comes to mind mainly but any hero you can farm with will give you a huge advantage over enemies that cant farm and waste time roaming,
3. getting a hero that is extremely hard to kill and farming/ganking decently - weaver comes to mind.

Overall its either have way better items (and bkb) or shut down enemy carries with constant gank.

Cromwell

Arcane
Meh I will try and train more midheroes now. Im more or less decent with weaver for ganking. Is there any way to shut down someone who got fed in his lane?

For example I have a very weak top lane as in "they play very bad" and I see they start feeding. What to do? Gank their lane and stay there babysitting them? Gank, go, come again gank again, rince repeat?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Meh I will try and train more midheroes now. Im more or less decent with weaver for ganking. Is there any way to shut down someone who got fed in his lane?

For example I have a very weak top lane as in "they play very bad" and I see they start feeding. What to do? Gank their lane and stay there babysitting them? Gank, go, come again gank again, rince repeat?

Either gank - if you are sure you can ensure a kill, or farm better - if you are not. Even on the same farm level better player will perform better, of course better hero too.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera

Play in a party, I am playing with Merk and Orma and we usually win.

Yes, and we need two more decent players to start playing CM. :P

Cromwell

Arcane

Play in a party, I am playing with Merk and Orma and we usually win.

Yes, and we need two more decent players to start playing CM. :P

define decent : p

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Either gank - if you are sure you can ensure a kill, or farm better - if you are not. Even on the same farm level better player will perform better, of course better hero too.
I'd be very careful about trying to gank losing lanes. Unless it's a free kill, it's not worth your time if you're playing someone that needs farm. If they lost the lane there's a high chance they'll fuck up the gank for you too, won't let the enemies get into position, etc. People always bitch for mid to gank for them, but if you can just sit mid and deny their mid from farming, and take their tower, it's a lot more useful than spending 2 minutes to get 200 gold from a gank on a support that doesn't need farm anyways and going back to heal. And if you spend those 2 minutes and don't get a kill because you're trying to gank a blink hero, or an invis hero but nobody has dust, you're basically throwing the game.

Keep a tp on hand though to respond to enemies diving towers, as mid, you should be the most powerful hero on your team, and able to turn the tide of any early fights very easily if the enemy is being aggressive.

Cromwell

Arcane
Has valve ever stated why they lock you out of looking up the stats for your teammates? Now they have imnplemented shorter waittimes in the same patch in which they also have hidden won games and dotalevel. Now you cant look at any statstics if the player doesnt want you to (or doesnt know that you have to switch it on).

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Has valve ever stated why they lock you out of looking up the stats for your teammates? Now they have imnplemented shorter waittimes in the same patch in which they also have hidden won games and dotalevel. Now you cant look at any statstics if the player doesnt want you to (or doesnt know that you have to switch it on).

Yeah, I used to abandon games before they started when i was matched up with retardos. Now I can't tell :(

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech

Balance in action.

- Thirst is now global instead of 6000 range
- Thirst bonus now stacks for each unit that is low HP
- Thirst HP threshold increased from 20/30/40/50% to 50%
- Thirst movement speed bonus reduced from 15/25/35/45% to 7/14/21/28%
- When Thirst is active, movement speed cap is removed on your hero

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom