Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DOOMRL IN GRAFIX IS OUT OH YEAH

Stabwound

Arcane
DoomRL is a fun game, but something about the graphic tiles puts me off. Why does the Doom guy look cutesy? Somehow, the graphics make the game seem less atmospheric than the ascii version.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
DoomRL is a fun game, but something about the graphic tiles puts me off. Why does the Doom guy look cutesy? Somehow, the graphics make the game seem less atmospheric than the ascii version.
they should add variations on the blood sprites, otherwise I think it looks fine.
maybe darken the fog of war.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Can't you just google the game's name? It's faster than asking.

25 Levels of Mostly Random Doom Dungeons
Numerous Special Levels
Innovative Text Base Gore System
Arsenal of Classic Doom Weaponry
Wide Range of Assembly, Unique and Exotic Items
Trait Based Level System
Three Classes, each with their own perks and Master Traits
Almost All the Doom Monsters
Excellent System for Charting Player Progress
Medals Awarded For Excellence
Badges Awarded For Advancement
Original Doom Sound Effects
Original Doom Music
Modding System

:hmmm:

Gord

Arcane
Anyway it's pretty cool. I was waiting for the tiles version, somehow my inner graphics whore demands it...
Too bad I suck at roguelikes, lot's of fun though.

:yeah:

spectre

Arcane
It has inventory, stats, exp, classes and perks. I think that makes it as much of an rpg as most stuff discussed here of late.

Damn, I'm sooo getting it.

DakaSha

Arcane
Jaesun it's a fucking RPG stop being a dumb shit or your dick privileges get revoked.

said the newfag to the mod :rpgcodex:

Achilles

Arcane
So would the Codex actually. Remember DU's chart? "Marketed as an RPG"

:hmmm:

Phelot

Arcane
Sounds like an RPG to me.

Ugh. I know this will cause rage, but I never thought the Doom setting was worth all these side projects and shit. It's kind of dumb and mostly for Columbine school shooters. A more monocled and deserving setting would be Hexen :obviously: which has an outstanding and lovely style to it. Should translate perfectly to a roguelike.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
It's pretty fun. I got too greedy in the blood arena and died after 15 mins :D
Would have loved this in a different setting. I like the badassery of the marines and stuff but the environments feel a bit.. meh.
Small variations in weapons would have been fun to see as well.
Then again I didn't get very far.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
ROGUELIKES ARE A SUBGENRE OF RPGS YOU WANKERS

anyway, superstoked for this shit as always, Kisielewicz :salute: Now just to find a couple of hours to try it out!

Stabwound

Arcane
It's pretty fun. I got too greedy in the blood arena and died after 15 mins :D
Would have loved this in a different setting. I like the badassery of the marines and stuff but the environments feel a bit.. meh.
Small variations in weapons would have been fun to see as well.
Then again I didn't get very far.
There are unique weapons and armor and whatnot. I'm not sure exactly how much variety there is, because I haven't played it for a few versions.

The game is pretty cool for a short roguelike, though. I kind of agree about the environments, but it's supposed to be Doom in roguelike form, so it wouldn't really make sense for them to be any different.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom