Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 pbem: The Chronicles of Bogarus

Do you miss the stupid combat warcries of regular soldiers, like it used to be in Helheim LP?

• Yes, I need them back. Keep it stupid and funny!

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No, it's sirius-ass roleplaying game. I'm fine with the way it is.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • TSAR KOMRADE KOMMISSAR

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
I'll wait until mondblut says who he thinks the Khlysty should throw in with before I make any decisions concerning the conspirators. I would strongly suggest that we cast in our lot with Elizabeth Bathory. With our skill as priests and blood mages, we could be of great use to her, and she is as mighty a patroness as we could hope to find.

mondblut

Arcane
mondblut, share your thoughts with Jagreen Lern. Just thoughts, no actual decisions. Yet.

1. Khlysty should stick with Alexander Nevsky for now. He owes you, and he needs your aid. It is quite possible that he will overtake the Tron in the end, after the barbarian problem is dealt with. This will make you the Patriarch. But even if not, he can repay you in other ways.

2. Maybe it will be better to switch sides, if the situation becomes dire. It is unlikely that Elizabeth Bathory thinks of you as an enemy, and you would rather prefer to join her side than to confront such a being.

3. Actually, why not give that group of dirty plotters a chance? There is nothing wrong in Bogarus accepting vassalage. Besides, you can milk some profits from them while they try to be discreet. When the right time comes, Jagreen Lern will make sure that you will become the Patriarch.

We will keep low profile and maintain our options open. It is never too late to support m'lady Bathory if the situation becomes dire, keyword being if. The latter case likely presumes our good Tsar himself bending head over heels to please her. Then, whoever wins this power struggle, we've been on their side all along, eh? And for now, let Alexander remove another upstart Patriarch from the premises. 1.

As for the plotters, the last thing the Kvlt needs is a foreign religion shouldering in and attempting to set its rules. They are nothing more than blackmail fodder, and should be used as such.

Hunting small groups of barbarians is fine - as part of some deal or just otherwise - but Iyul has no interest in entering that wolf's lair at Ivory Keep. Rather the Royal Palace, but he'll take his sweet time with that as well. Riding around the countryside with your band of merry men. Now, that is life.

mondblut

Arcane
Also, can't help but notice all the factions except for the Kvlt are being led by AI redshirts. With Alexej snuffed out as he was, same could happen to anyone, anytime. Resistance is futile, not fair...

Caul, you cowardly bastard. It was more ambiguous and fun when m'lady was a locked up boogeyman nobody gave a fuck about. :(

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I watch your choices, men.

Also, can't help but notice all the factions except for the Kvlt are being led by AI redshirts.

- It really depends on people choices. In the begginning, Fiodor Polkin had a chance to lead his own faction of undead, along with ressurrected Tsar Boguslav.
- Khlysty would not even count as faction if you decided to stay in Gorevo.
- the Patriarch would be alive if more people supported him. E.g., if Azira's Propaganda was supporting Tserkov, or if you decided to accept his offer back in Gorevo.
- Elizabeth could be dead already. Well, techically she had a chance of beating PD of enemy capital, but not a huge one.
- Old factions might go extinct; new factions might appear; existing ones might change leaders. Anybody can lead any faction if you play your cards right, except for Bathory's faction. The former leader doesn't neccessarily has to die for that to happen.
- Why am I so unfair, having some people starting as scouts and others as faction leaders? Because I am an unfair guy. It would be right to make Jagreen the leader of Khysty, because he was the first to sign, but his character spammed with an affliction. He will most likely die, unless I research something in time and save him. I decided for myself that the leader of Khlysty will be the first non-afflicted Fivefold Angel, and that happened to be mondblut.
- Knyaz Iyul could lead the Royalists faction if he signed up as Veliky Knyaz. Actually, nobody signed up as Veliky Knyaz, so here you go with AI redshirt.

Non-obvious choices and non-obvious consequences! In the spirit of the game.

Last edited:

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
I have a series proposals to set the Bogarussian state in order, and end this internal strife before it tears our blessed Rodina asunder. Feel free to suggest any alterations or amendments that you feel may benefit our holy motherland.

1: Elizabeth Bathory should be proclaimed as both Goddess and legitimate monarch of Bogarus.
2: Anyone who has been affiliated with a rebel faction be granted amnesty, provided that they swear allegiance to Elizabeth Bathory.
3: Sviatoslav and Artemy should be released from prison immediately.
4: Artemy should be proclaimed Patriarch of the Tserkov, with mondblut as his successor. Sorry, my brother in faith, but a Fivefold Angel Patriarch might be a little hard for the general public to accept, and Artemy is already a national hero. Besides, I think he has a disease and won't live for a whole lot much longer.
5: Until the Tserkov can be shown to be clean of the malign influence of Alexej and his ilk, it shall be stripped of it's political power, which will then be conferred upon the Khlysty, under the direction of mondblut, in the meanwhile.
6: The Khlysty should be empowered to protect the nation from ideological and spiritual threats, as well as to monitor the populace for impurities of the blood. We will also Queen Bathory in gathering the necessary materiel to satisfy her very unique needs.
7: Sviatoslav should be given overall command of the armies of Bogarus.

mondblut, do you think these proposals are worthy of Khlyst support?

Also, Grimwulf, how close to death am I? If I'm liable to drop dead at any moment, I'd appreciated if you'd give the opportunity to do something dramatic, or at least die a glorious death.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Interesting proposals, but current leaders of Royalists and Survivalists can't just drop it and swear alligiance to Elizabeth Bathory. Maybe later, if one of the players will take their place and make such a decision.

Of course, Khlysty have a right to decide for themselves.

Also, Grimwulf, how close to death am I?

Impossible to say. Theoretically, you can live til the end of the game. Or die next month.

Take Batushka Artemy - it's easier to predict in his case. The tortures broke his body and psyche.

lhTLKbd.jpg

His disease gradually reduces hp every month, until none are left. After that, death is certain. But thanks to his epic fatness, he has much more hp than your ordinary Eparch. If he's lucky, he can live up to eight months from now!

But in your case, it's much more tricky.

AGM79sc.jpg

Limping is nothing serious, but it is still considered an affliction. And you are old. In Dominions 4, no unit or commander dies of old age. Instead, people die of afflictions. Old Age trait spams new afflictions, but if you have means to heal them in time, you can theoretically live forever (still receiving severe old age penalties, but who cares). The nasty part is this: if unit/commander has Old Age trait and any affliction, he has a chance of dying any turn. This chance depends on amount of afflictions (you have to pass one check for every affliction present), so it is unlikely, but possible to die of limping.

Your fate is now in Lady Fortune's hand. If you wish to do something stupid and die in epic fashion - let me know. It might be a waste, though.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Mondblut may be and angel but he is no goddess. 2! I may be unworthy, but I must try to be. For the goddess!

mondblut

Arcane
I have a series proposals to set the Bogarussian state in order, and end this internal strife before it tears our blessed Rodina asunder. Feel free to suggest any alterations or amendments that you feel may benefit our holy motherland.

1: Elizabeth Bathory should be proclaimed as both Goddess and legitimate monarch of Bogarus.
2: Anyone who has been affiliated with a rebel faction be granted amnesty, provided that they swear allegiance to Elizabeth Bathory.
3: Sviatoslav and Artemy should be released from prison immediately.
4: Artemy should be proclaimed Patriarch of the Tserkov, with mondblut as his successor. Sorry, my brother in faith, but a Fivefold Angel Patriarch might be a little hard for the general public to accept, and Artemy is already a national hero. Besides, I think he has a disease and won't live for a whole lot much longer.
5: Until the Tserkov can be shown to be clean of the malign influence of Alexej and his ilk, it shall be stripped of it's political power, which will then be conferred upon the Khlysty, under the direction of mondblut, in the meanwhile.
6: The Khlysty should be empowered to protect the nation from ideological and spiritual threats, as well as to monitor the populace for impurities of the blood. We will also Queen Bathory in gathering the necessary materiel to satisfy her very unique needs.
7: Sviatoslav should be given overall command of the armies of Bogarus.

mondblut, do you think these proposals are worthy of Khlyst support?

Methinks the company of Boris and others has affected your judgement, brother. Since when do we care about the state and its order? Motherland? Pah! Strife and adversity beget suffering, and suffering alone begets purity. When the land grows complacent and content, the Kvlt falters! It is despair and despondency that make us strong.

I couldn't care less about the fat Eparch. His swift death would be useful as a grave reminder of the transience of ecclesiastic power, that's all. When the puppets drop faster than they try on their new cassock, is it not an omen from the Goddess? Every churchman going down in ignominy brings closer the day when those bearing wings remain the only source of spiritual guidance. Pah, it's not like he's staying with us for long anyway, ehehe...

And Sviatoslav is a nuisance best ridden of. He has no grasp on the finer nuances of suffering. A singleminded sledgehammer bent on smashing against something beyond breaking point. Leave him around, and one day you'll find yourself drafted as a common peshtsi, with a cheap spear tied to your stumps, ordered to limp forward because nobody else still has a pair of legs left. Capturing this brute was a wise move on Alexander's behalf. A torture rack makes better prophets than a battlefield.

The rest of your suggestions make sense... eventually. Remember the if.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Methinks the company of Boris and others has affected your judgement, brother. Since when do we care about the state and its order? Motherland? Pah! Strife and adversity beget suffering, and suffering alone begets purity. When the land grows complacent and content, the Kvlt falters! It is despair and despondency that make us strong.

I couldn't care less about the fat Eparch. His swift death would be useful as a grave reminder of the transience of ecclesiastic power, that's all. When the puppets drop faster than they try on their new cassock, is it not an omen from the Goddess? Every churchman going down in ignominy brings closer the day when those bearing wings remain the only source of spiritual guidance.

xmwZb0l.jpg

Jester

Arbiter
"- It really depends on people choices. In the begginning, Fiodor Polkin had a chance to lead his own faction of undead, along with ressurrected Tsar Boguslav."
God dmn it... That what i get from roleplaying patriot in Russia.

Well who knows mby Fiodor death will be swift and painless. Who am i kidding this guy going to be tortured and killed when he outlive usefulness.
:russia:
No one likes necromancers friging racists.

Last edited:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
hoverdog, you heard troubling rumors about the Patriarch’s execution. This can’t be good. Make your move.

1. I’ll hide in the woods. Gather a band of brigands or something. They can’t get me here!

2. I’ll return to the city and figure out something. I did nothing wrong, right? Right?

3. I’ll go to Deerhome, build a small house and live like a fucking Tsar! I *own* this province, woohoo!

A righteous man knows no fear. I will return to the city and show the new rulers my honor (not the other honor).

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
CHAPTER 14
PART 2

r691t2f.jpg

Polkin entered the tent of Janvar Chetverti, carrying a letter in his hand.

v3aVBdF.jpg
Your brozer sends you dis.

8Tkh3Af.jpg
A report of his success in the Hand, I presume. Let’s see…

wkNxPyA.jpg

Janvar frowned.

8Tkh3Af.jpg
Iyul never takes anything seriously. Even this war is just another joking matter for him. You are dismissed, Polkin.

v3aVBdF.jpg
Oi! I am not your lady boy, crackfuck! I will dismiss myself when I want! … Now I want!

Angry Fiodor left the tent, but didn’t go away. Instead, after taking a little thought, he decided to piss on it. And while he was committing this act of retribution, he heard an unfamiliar female voice inside the tent. Which was strange, since he was sure nobody else was inside it, except for Janvar.

Polkin strained his ears.

8Tkh3Af.jpg
… lkin isn’t a problem. He’s just annoying.

TqW176j.jpg
You must deal with him in time; now I want the one who's mine.

8Tkh3Af.jpg
Iyul will arrive in Ivory Keep any day now, hoping to see his friends released. Tsar’s men will captu... Wait… HEY!

Fiodor ran from the tent like crazy. After making sure nobody follows, he jumped in another tent, where he happened to meet Ad Avis and Lizzurd.

v3aVBdF.jpg
BETRAYAL!

7wpH8qa.jpg
Ahem. Master Polking, could you… please…

sXpjPYm.jpg
Your crotch lies naked before our sights. Conceal it.

Fiodor had a self-made patch on his robe, which he could freely fasten and unfasten in times of need. But his exposed body part was the least of his concerns.

v3aVBdF.jpg
HE SAW ME! You zere, silver tongue! I want your mask NOW!

Saying this, Fiodor attacked Lizzurd, trying to take off his mask. Lizzurd snapped his fingers, incinerating Polkin’s hair. The necromancer escaped the tent screaming, trying to bury his head in snow.

sXpjPYm.jpg
Crazy? Somewhat, yes. Mental condition is more complex than that. I have much thoughts about causes of such trauma and methods of treatment.

7wpH8qa.jpg
I don’t think it matters right now, Master Lizzurd. We have to worry about our personal safety. Surely you understand what kind of risk are we taking out here?

sXpjPYm.jpg
No risks. Barbarians committed withdrawal.

umZBIRj.jpg

7wpH8qa.jpg
But what if Janvar orders to attack Trollhome now? What if barbarians send the army from the city before we get there?

sXpjPYm.jpg
We burn them, k k k k.

Lizzurd made weird clicking sounds when he laughed. Probably it was just aucustic effect of his mask, but one cannot help but wonder if there is something non-human behind it.

7wpH8qa.jpg
We are too important to risk us like that, Master Lizzurd. I have a proposition for you. An old friend of mine assured me that Ivory Keep will welcome us with open hands and provide truly luxurious conditions to live and work there. You and I will be the most important persons in Ivory Keep, right after the Tsar himself. We just have to swear an allegiance to Alexander Nevsky. He will treat us much better than Rasputin.

Lizzurd, betrayal time!

1. Politely decline the offer. Rasputin ordered me to accompany this army and provide assistance. I will do exactly that!

2. Politely decline the offer. Tell Rasputin the truth about Ad Avis when you get the chance, k k k k. Maybe I can take his post of Royal Alchemist this way.

3. Accept this offer and go to Ivory Keep. Staying alive and living in comfort is important for my mental condition.

Meanwhile, Polkin ran away from the war camping and hid behind the nearest hills. He's been watching the activity in the camping for an hour. Apparently, nobody even tried to chase him. Fiodor laid on his back and breathed heavily. He could see the sky above him, and the top of the cliff nearby. Somebody was standing there, watching over the war camping.

mHkGPGY.jpg

After a few moments, the figure was gone. It could be just Polkin’s imagination, but the air smelled funny this night.

Q8MzFxF.jpg

It’s not like Azira was fond of this place, but the only reliable method of squeezing information from Yuri and Dmitri was to take them here and buy them drinks.

MGrVVsy.jpg
Master Azira. Back in my youth, I knew a lot of mages. My mother was a mage. I, myself, was a mage!

9S1jTM6.jpg
Oh?

MGrVVsy.jpg
Da! My specialization was water magic.

0zDsoWM.jpg
Don’t listen to that pustoslov, Master. His “specialization” is vodka magic, and the only spell he knows is “disappear”, GWA HAHAHA

MGrVVsy.jpg
Naprosishsya, shenok!

0zDsoWM.jpg
Sosunok ebany!

And then they fought. And then they hugged. And then they drank. And then they fought again. Watching these two, Azira was getting used to Bogarusian lifestyle. And the ladies here liked his beard. Having vast knowledge of different magical practices, Azira mastered a few tricks to look good at his age.

mOvudKm.jpg

But the time will take its toll eventually. He has to think about his legacy. The province of Morassia, “Pureblooded Herald” publishing house, all his riches and titles – who will inherit all that? Azira had a few thoughts, but it wasn’t an urgent matter. Just something he has to decide eventually.

Azira, the title of Knyaz grants you the right to make a will. You can make it now, or after your character dies – it doesn’t matter. Basically, you simply go through recruitment stage again – tell me the name (come up with a new one), commander type and his/her relation with Azira (son, mom, student, random dude with funny name – any background will do). After Azira’s death, he will inherit everything, and remain under your control when it comes to choices. There are some restrictions, though:

- You must have a title of Knyaz or higher by the time you die. It is possible to be stripped of title during the game.

- First I’ll include all first-time chars from initial List in the game (unless they want something very specific like Unfrozen Lord), then I’ll recruit heirs. It’s too early to die yet!

0zDsoWM.jpg
You seem to be lost in thought, good Master. Try to punch Yuri – that will raise your spirits up! It’s like punching a little girl, GWA HAHHAHA

MGrVVsy.jpg
Past zakroi! You were lucky I caught a cold the other day. I’ll beat you next time. Can’t you see something bothers Master Azira? Cut the crap and let the man speak!

9S1jTM6.jpg
Nothing in particular. Just our general state of affairs.

MGrVVsy.jpg
What affairs in particular?

9S1jTM6.jpg
Well, as you surely know I was granted the title of Knyaz not so long ago…

0zDsoWM.jpg
BOGINYA VSEMOGUSHAYA, we should stop calling you Master and start addressing you as Knyaz!

9S1jTM6.jpg
I never stopped being a Master, so you can technically call me both.

Azira, what sounds better, though?

1. Knyaz Azira

2. Master Azira

3. Doesn’t matter

9S1jTM6.jpg
What I wanted to say is that I received a province along with my tite.

MGrVVsy.jpg
Morassia, of course!

9S1jTM6.jpg
And I pay my taxes in due time, and in full.

MGrVVsy.jpg
You do.

9S1jTM6.jpg
Then why doesn’t Kaznachei assign some funds in organizing armed patrols and local militia? If nothing else, Morassia is an important trade route. The caravans go to and from Midgard daily.

MGrVVsy.jpg
My dear Master, look at me. Do you see what I’m wearing? Do you know how old is this blue jacket? We all have to sacrifice something, and some of us have to live in borderline poverty!

0zDsoWM.jpg
Gryazni lzhets.

MGrVVsy.jpg
It is true! Do you know how hard it is to put it together? They tell me “Kaznachei! Assign a reward for the rebel leaders!”; “Kaznachei! Assign a reward for conquering southern T’ien Ch’i!”; “Kaznachei! Where is the gold for reinforcements?!”. At the same time, Apep of Pythium, their mysterious deity, claims one of the Pantokrator’s Thrones! The Throne of War, no less!

VLTgKLY.jpg

MGrVVsy.jpg
You know how this Throne affected people’s minds. Especially during these times, when we have an actual war raging on. And if that was not enough, we had to make huge investements in Rimtooth Pass this month.

9wstImA.jpg

MGrVVsy.jpg
Now tell me Master, where am I supposed to find the funds for road patrols?

0zDsoWM.jpg
Another Throne was claimed this month, by the way. By Midgard.

RMJ0r69.jpg

MGrVVsy.jpg
At this pace, we are risking to have ourselves a new Pantokrator soon.

czmAnx4.jpg

0zDsoWM.jpg
I’ve heard a rumor that Bogarus has a Throne on our territory too.

MGrVVsy.jpg
Rumor my arse. It's a well-known fact that one of the Thrones of Ascensions is located in Fennis, former Bathory County, in her very castle. Now ruins, I presume. Don’t you know that Pantokrator himself trusted the Bathory dynasty to protect it? Or so the legend says, at least.

wxXCX4s.jpg

9S1jTM6.jpg
Why don’t we claim it then?

MGrVVsy.jpg
Because the eastern effort was led by such glorious war leaders as Patriarch Alexej and former Knyaz Hoverdogoff! Someone competent will get there, eventually.

0zDsoWM.jpg
Don’t talk bad about the dead. The Patriarch was a good, decent man.

MGrVVsy.jpg
Your do realize that you can be executed for such words?

Dmitry became all silent. Azira noted that he could probably dispose of Namestnik easily. Having such political influence, a mere accusation coming from Azira is enough to throw Dmitry into the dungeon and even execute him. The problem is, Azira doesn't really benefit from it. Maybe later, when he will have a good candidate on this post. Namestnik can assign elite Malaya Druzhina as bodyguards. Azira could use these bodyguards for himself, or for other people he cares about.

9S1jTM6.jpg
Why don’t we change the topic? How is our Ambassador doing?

MGrVVsy.jpg
He is quite anti-social lately. Both of us had to sign those letters to Ulm and Pythium with no questions. And continue to carry out every other Rasputin’s order. Ambassador doesn’t look happy at doing so.

9S1jTM6.jpg
Did you receive the answers from Ulm and Pythium?

MGrVVsy.jpg
He did. My signature was only needed to confirm that Royal Kazna – I mean, Treasury – has enough gold to pay the mentioned rewards. I know nothing about their answers, and frankly – I don’t care much. But anyway, Boris is looking discontent with our current state of affairs. If it goes like that, Elizabeth and Rasputin might need a new Ambassador.

9S1jTM6.jpg
I’m sure Boris won’t do anything silly. As for his sour face, it is the face of Bogarus.

MGrVVsy.jpg
Maybe. He is too sober for my liking, though. Let us DRINK!

Azira, rumors, rumors, rumors. Lot of printing material, but nothing really sensational. You have to publish a short article about Alexej’s corrupting influence, make a note about some Royal Edicts, and also write about Goddess Queen Elizabeth Bathory. There is still plenty of free space in the next Tissue, so what do you think to do with it?

1. There is no such thing as “too many Elizabeth Bathory”. Write more stuff about her life, her goals, her past. Maybe take an interview or at least ask her closest ones. Like Grigori Rasputin.

2. There is enough space to write about another nation. You can make a positive material (attempting to improve relations with this nation, and probably making new enemies among its rivals), or publicly denounce it (attempting to improve relationships with other nations, and risking to start a conflict with the denounced one). Choose a nation and general tone of article.

3. Suggest your own option.

yNuNPmB.jpg

Alexander Nevsky and Gwydon Black Bear entered the cell during early morning. Sviatoslav was chained to the wall, fully awake and looking at his guests with the same sight of condemnation he always has.

sEXn0t1.jpg
A mystery, no? During all those past months, I never gave him a drop of water or a piece of bread. Yet he doesn’t seem to be even slightly weakened.

h9QmOJu.jpg
Leave us, Gwydon. Artemy is waiting for you.

sEXn0t1.jpg
Batushka won’t endure much more tortures, Tsar. I managed to break him not so long ago. He cries and begs me to stop. He is afraid of me now. Yet still…

Gwydon glanced at Sviatoslav’s eyes.

sEXn0t1.jpg
He refuses to betray his Goddess and grant our temple in Ivory Keep official Tserkov’s blessing. Without his blessing, this temple means nothing for the peasants.

h9QmOJu.jpg
Torture him until he agrees or dies. If it fails, I will ask Mondblut to build a Khlysty temple instead.

sEXn0t1.jpg
As you command, Tsar.

Gwydon left the cell and proceeded to another end of the dungeon, leaving Alexander and Sviatoslav alone. The two men were looking up and down at each other for some time. Alexander Nevsky never visited Sviatoslav, even though the latter has been locked here for several months now. Neither did he torture him. Or feed. Sviatoslav was locked here completely on his own.

h9QmOJu.jpg
Do you know who I am?

YlaoKTZ.jpg
Criminal. Heretic. Sinner.

h9QmOJu.jpg
Still consider yourself the Judge?

Nevsky came closer to his prisoner.

h9QmOJu.jpg
I am Alexander Nevsky, the Tsar chosen by the rightful Grand Princes of Bogarus. The man who used to have a lot decent people under his protection, those living in the Hand. The people that you’ve butchered without rhyme or reason, while the rest of the Tsardom was doing their best to look away. That day I swore to find you. To kill you.

YlaoKTZ.jpg
I am her armour and her sword. I am not afraid of death.

h9QmOJu.jpg
I know, Chud. I know.

Sviatoslav’s eyes didn’t express surprise.

h9QmOJu.jpg
You are truly emotionless. As you see, there was a reason to keep you alive. Elizabeth Bathory will come here for you. And I will be waiting.

YlaoKTZ.jpg
You will never defeat her. She is Immortal.

h9QmOJu.jpg
Not exactly, Chud. She is bound by the laws of Dominion, just like any other Pretender God. Just like Pantokrator used to be. She is Immortal and strong in her own Dominion, but as soon as she steps outside of it – goes to the faraway lands where people don’t worship her; don’t believe her to be a powerful Immortal Deity – she loses her power. And here in Ivory Keep, most of us deny Elizabeth Bathory.

4vZ8kHC.jpg

h9QmOJu.jpg
You were but a slave, Chud. A mere thrall of her grandfather. Do you still remember the days of Vanarus?

He remembered.

RAeg2ID.jpg

h9QmOJu.jpg
During the invasion, one of the enemy leaders, Stephen Bathory of Ulm along with his army, was conquering one province after another, burning every village on his way. You led your warband of Chud berserkers in battle, but they were all crushed by his supernatural powers. When you understood that Stephen Bathory was not a human, it was already too late. You were enthralled, and kept as a pet. Mindless and wordless pet, kept alive by the power of his Immortal blood.

Nevsky noticed a slight change on Sviatoslav’s face exrpression. Seems like the old wound was still painful.

h9QmOJu.jpg
But here you are, centuries later. Rotting in this dungeon for the sake of last member of Bathory dynasty. The same Bathory that did this all to you. Why?

YlaoKTZ.jpg
… Laws of Dominion. My past. Stephen Bathory of Ulm. You know much, heretic. But don’t expect any answers from me. I am her armour and her sword. I will gladly die for my Countess.

h9QmOJu.jpg
Countess. You always refer to her as Countess. Not your Goddess, not Queen or Mistress, but Countess - the title that wasn't used in Bogarus for decades. Fine. I will have my asnwers one way or another.

He looked at Sviatoslav one more time before leaving the cell.

h9QmOJu.jpg
Your Countess doesn't need protection. Bogarus does.

Later that night Alexander Nevsky was having a nightmare. He dreamed of the hunt, where he appeared as a wolf leading the pack. Every creature of the forest was their prey, and the land was their ally. The tracks, fresh and easy to trace; the smell of the game, holding in the air for a long time; it almost seemed like the trees themselves whispered the right direction with rustles of branches and leaves. Being an alpha-male, Nevsky rushed ahead of the pack, attacking the most dangerous prey like boars and such, while leaving elks and foxes to his brothers. But suddenly, everything became quiet. There were no more sounds of prey, or rustling of branches. The wind itself was still, but the air became unnaturally cold. What troubled him even more, Nevsky couldn’t hear his pack. Something has happened to them. As he was struggling to hear at least something, a massive shadow engulfed the ground beneath. Then the silence was disrupted by a thundering demonic roar. Nevsky turned around, and saw his death in unnaturally giant bear.

jmwGUcY.jpg

He woke up in cold sweat. Someone in the courtyard was screaming, “WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!!!”

Last edited:

Lizzurd

Cipher
What is this feeling
Of betrayal and drive
I've never known?
I feel alive!

Where does this feeling
Of betrayal derive,
Making me know
Why I'm alive?

Like the night, it's a secret,
Sinister dark and unknown.
I do not know who I seek,
Yet I'll betray him alone!

I have a thirst
That I cannot deprive.
Never have I felt so alive!

There is no words
I couldn't lie-
Feeling like this -
Feeling alive!

Like the moon, an enigma,
Lost and alone in the night
Damned by some heavenly stigma,
But blazing with light!

It's the feeling of being alive!
Filled with lies, but truly alive!
It's the truth that can be denied!
It's the feeling of being
THE LIZZURD IN HIDE!

Jekyll & Hyde (musical) - Alive

Can i a bit change the options? I want to accept his offer at the first place, but then tell that i see SHADOWS and i will travel to Ivory Keep alone as the road is dangerous for two mages (and also a magik biengs lorking aroung siiking for makig usars!). Quickly turn back and return to camp. Oops, Ad Avis has gone and now i am the only alchemist in the war camp! I will be the only one who can be trusted in the whole voisko! Soon i will become the GRAND TSAR himself!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Can i a bit change the options? I want to accept his offer at the first place, but then tell that i see SHADOWS and i will travel to Ivory Keep alone as the road is dangerous for two mages (and also a magik biengs lorking aroung siiking for makig usars!). Quickly turn back and return to camp. Oops, Ad Avis has gone and now i am the only alchemist in the war camp! I will be the only one who can be trusted in the whole voisko! Soon i will become the GRAND TSAR himself!

This is just overkill.

Ok, using your deceivery and charisma, you played Ad Avis like a fiddle, resulting in him ended up in Ivory Keep, and you returned to the voisko. Nobody noticed that you've left. It won't be hard to convince them in Ad Avis' betrayal, so if you survive the war - you will most likely become the new Royal Alchemist.

Unless somebody else exposes your dirty plotting against Bogarus. Don't forget that you are still with Survivalists.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Azira[/USER], the title of Knyaz grants you the right to make a will. You can make it now, or after your character dies – it doesn’t matter. Basically, you simply go through recruitment stage again – tell me the name (come up with a new one), commander type and his/her relation with Azira (son, mom, student, random dude with funny name – any background will do). After Azira’s death, he will inherit everything, and remain under your control when it comes to choices. There are some restrictions, though:

- You must have a title of Knyaz or higher by the time you die. It is possible to be stripped of title during the game.

- First I’ll include all first-time chars from initial List in the game (unless they want something very specific like Unfrozen Lord), then I’ll recruit heirs. It’s too early to die yet!

If I live long enough for the required conjuration skill to have been researched, I'd like my successor to be a summons; a Cloud Vila named Pariah Zeal.
If not, then a Starets, let's say he's a bastard son shall we? Same name; Pariah Zeal.
I want the successor to be a caster if possible. If you're in need of something else though, and the list of candidates is empty, then I'm not picky.
All for the Goddess. :salute:

Azira, what sounds better, though?

1. Knyaz Azira

2. Master Azira

3. Doesn’t matter

I am a Master by trade. The title of Knyaz I received due to my succes in my chosen trade. While the proper tone must be maintained while in the populace, once I am amongst peers (even if they're not truly my peers), then they may refer to me as Master.
So 2, unless it's on official business.

Azira, rumors, rumors, rumors. Lot of printing material, but nothing really sensational. You have to publish a short article about Alexej’s corrupting influence, make a note about some Royal Edicts, and also write about Goddess Queen Elizabeth Bathory. There is still plenty of free space in the next Tissue, so what do you think to do with it?

1. There is no such thing as “too many Elizabeth Bathory”. Write more stuff about her life, her goals, her past. Maybe take an interview or at least ask her closest ones. Like Grigori Rasputin.

2. There is enough space to write about another nation. You can make a positive material (attempting to improve relations with this nation, and probably making new enemies among its rivals), or publicly denounce it (attempting to improve relationships with other nations, and risking to start a conflict with the denounced one). Choose a nation and general tone of article.

3. Suggest your own option.

Ah, this one is interesting. Do I put my own spin on things? Possibly stirring up more trouble for the rebels? Or do I curry favour with external influences? Or do I try to strengthen the public image of our Goddess?

For the moment, it seems we would be best served by strengthening the position of Bogarus. It's a toss-up between improving Elizabeth Bathory's image or strengthening our diplomatic ties with foreign nations. Seems that Midgard is a strong presence that we would be wise to try and placate in some way or the other. We have our hands full currently battling T'ien Ch'i, we do NOT need to open another front.

So, after deliberation, I choose to write positively about Midgard. Option 2. :salute:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I want the successor to be a caster if possible.

Of course. It's not an urgent matter, you may live for a long, long time yet.

So 2, unless it's on official business.

:updatedmytxt:

So, after deliberation, I choose to write positively about Midgard. Option 2. :salute:

Let's hope your decision won't lead us to war against Ulm and Atlantis, the nations that currently have complicated relations with Midgard.

"Pureblooded Herald" is non-governmental, after all.

:M

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
Hey, Grimwulf, this LP is pretty great. Best one on the Codex right now, IMO. I'm pretty into it. I was wondering, do you mind if we engage in a little conspiring outside of the thread. I was thinking of sending a PM to mondblut concerning Khlysty business.

Also, since I seem to be living on borrowed time, I'd like to ask if I could get another character if the Fivefold Angel croaks. Either as an undead commander, preferable a decent mage, who was once a servant of Chernobog, or as some kind of blood magic summon (If you can summon something with good blood magic, it could even be the Fivefold Angel reborn as a demon to punish the sinners of the world). Whatever works best with the spells you have access too.

Furthermore, Azira a flattering article on the Khlysty in the "Pureblood Herald" could earn you some valuable friends. Just sayin'.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
So it's really only that province stirring up trouble, right? :M
:troll:

Hey, Grimwulf, this LP is pretty great. Best one on the Codex right now, IMO. I'm pretty into it. I was wondering, do you mind if we engage in a little conspiring outside of the thread. I was thinking of sending a PM to mondblut concerning Khlysty business.

Thanks, and sure - feel free to make any arrangements you see fit.

Also, since I seem to be living on borrowed time, I'd like to ask if I could get another character if the Fivefold Angel croaks. Either as an undead commander, preferable a decent mage, who was once a servant of Chernobog, or as some kind of blood magic summon (If you can summon something with good blood magic, it could even be the Fivefold Angel reborn as a demon to punish the sinners of the world). Whatever works best with the spells you have access too.

Sure, sooner or later I'll make the second list of recruitment, where you can submit your next chars. (Dreaad, I didn't forget about your Bane rekwest - you'll be there too). But just like in Azira's case, I want to include all recruits from the initial list first, and ony then go for the next ones. So no one feels offended. And don't get too much worried about your old age - you are in good shape right now. And there are several methods of avoiding death that'll be availiable a bit later in the game.

As a side note for those who wait for recruitment - gimme some time to obtain something interesting. Being just an old researcher who spends entire life in one castle is not very fun (Azira is exception), and I need a lot of them during early game. So I mostly spend my castle hiring turns on stuff like that:

YOCLXJF.jpg

Masters of Names are very unlikely to ever participate in combat, at least in the forseen future. Better to wait a couple more turns and make it interesting for all of us.

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Coward? Senseless Khlysty brute. You wouldn't see reason if you whipped yourself to the bone.
Azira you uninspired pleb! You could have been Master Knyaz Azira. Your humbleness will get you nothing! :decline:
The first chance I get I'm going to sneak into your printing room and piss in your drinks.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Coward? Senseless Khlysty brute. You wouldn't see reason if you whipped yourself to the bone.
Azira you uninspired pleb! You could have been Master Knyaz Azira. Your humbleness will get you nothing! :decline:
The first chance I get I'm going to sneak into your printing room and piss in your drinks.
:lol: It wouldn't be the worst thing I've drunk, considering the company I keep.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom