Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Dominions 4 Codex Noober PBEM

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Guys, where are your mages? Seriously for battles of this size both sides should get at least 10-20 of them.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
JK70OgY
JK70OgY.jpg

RgknRz4
RgknRz4.jpg

Here is a battle I had in a pbem as Berry against a Yomi player. Mages make all the difference.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Guys, where are your mages? Seriously for battles of this size both sides should get at least 10-20 of them.
this is but a distraction. my mages are destined for bigger things:kwafuckyeah:

truth be told, I messed up a bit and my StR oracles are all over the place, while my only other usable mages (crafters) are mostly absorbed by summoning shit.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah i noticed that with the army you got coming my way good thing i am ulm. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Here is a battle I had in a pbem as Berry against a Yomi player. Mages make all the difference.

He lost a ton of demons and undead, and you had some serious priest action(and Brides are amazing). Isn't that to be expected? Looks like most of his Trolls and Wights survived, and surely he's got better commanders and such. What were the damage dealing spells at the start? Because I'm sure the banishments were flying after the scripts.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
He lost a ton of demons and undead, and you had some serious priest action(and Brides are amazing). Isn't that to be expected? Looks like most of his Trolls and Wights survived, and surely he's got better commanders and such. What were the damage dealing spells at the start? Because I'm sure the banishments were flying after the scripts.

The battle lasted 3 turns before he routed and no banishments at all were fired. I set up a huge blood sabbath and launched 5-6 rains of stones every turn on his helmet-less troops while protecting my own troops with fog warriors and other buffs. All of my losses are also from my own spells because its hard to protect against that much fire power. Arch devils and Melquarts didnt get to do anything this battle.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I see, nice. Poor fellah.

Some nations are way more vulnerable than others to certain spells. For example Yomi and Ur in EA dont get helmets on their troops which is devastating against RoS. Meanwhile Caelum troops are immune to earthquakes.

Doesnt help that Yomi has very weak research and cant even research counters quickly, assuming it could even use them.

Johannes

Arcane
Some nations are way more vulnerable than others to certain spells. For example Yomi and Ur in EA dont get helmets on their troops which is devastating against RoS. Meanwhile Caelum troops are immune to earthquakes.

Doesnt help that Yomi has very weak research and cant even research counters quickly, assuming it could even use them.
Lack of helmet doesn't matter specifically, RoS doesn't target the head any more than other attacks. If you'd have body armor you'd be fine most of the time, like with LA TC armored helmetless mages for example.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lack of helmet doesn't matter specifically, RoS doesn't target the head any more than other attacks. If you'd have body armor you'd be fine most of the time, like with LA TC armored helmetless mages for example.

Yea no thats a fucking load of bullshit the spell targets heads or at least has a way bigger chance to hit heads, just like arrows do. Its also extremely easy to check if you have ever cast it even once in a real battle - I tested it quite extensively.

Johannes

Arcane
Yea no thats a fucking load of bullshit the spell targets heads or at least has a way bigger chance to hit heads, just like arrows do. Its also extremely easy to check if you have ever cast it even once in a real battle - I tested it quite extensively.
Then you tested really badly. As I said, try LA TC mages.

Norfleet

I think the game is probably still going, he just died. If my usual understanding of Dominions-series dynamics still holds, he probably committed everything of substantive value to a defense somewhere and lost, and now enemies are running amok unopposed in his lands and all hope of rallying is lost.

That, or he got domkilled.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

Looking at their score graphs
http://www.llamaserver.net/showScores.cgi?game=IHNIWID
I don't even know why are they still playin'. Jes give up, guyz. No chance you can pwn Agartha now.

How 'bout another friendly match? Coz I've got a proposal for all ya. Back in old days we used to play one crazy type of game (totally friendly and not serious buisness). The basic rule goes like this:

Players choose the nation, but don't make Pretender design themselves. Instead, Pretenders are designed by other players for their opponents.

See, it's like if I designed Pretender for Dawg, and he did the same for me. BUT, you don't just make a plain shitty Pretender - you make original, but usable Pretenders. Non-standard, but battle-worthy. Last time I played like this, I chose LA Bogarus, and other player made this one for me:

web.jpg

Those of you who played Bogarus will see that this one is not what you would make yourself, but it's still playable. Through constant pain and butthurt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom