Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
We've pledged over $22,0000 to Larian games and feature prominently in their games' credits. If Roxor's PoE review didn't get us blackballed, I doubt this will.
Larian isn't Obsidian. I mean sure, Vincke likes us, but Fargo does too, and we saw how that turned out. The studio head extends an olive branch while the developers turn away in disgust.

I can see it coming, the whole world rejoices in turn-based bliss while the Codex says "why can't they make some RTwP games like in the good days? enough with the fucking movetwoAPpertimemoles".

As long as quality stuff like Underrail (mainly in terms of gameplay systems and largely different play-styles) and AoD (mainly in terms of scripted CnC), I am good.

Sure I would like something like a Turn based Divine Divinity or ( TB Serpent of Staglands for that matter); but Larian's dev team and writing team seems to consist of retards who have no idea what they are doing.

While DOS2 is still enjoyable, and I will probably play it a second time when it is fully patched / EE is out (or mods patch it up), I don't have much hopes for the quality of future games from Larian.

Quote me on this:
After another, maybe two more releases post DOS2; Larian will release full decline shit like Oblivion. All the cocaine and 10/10 doritos will make sure of it.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Rofl, did that really happen?

It was replaced, because a game recommendation paired up with a review that says it's terrible sends mixed messages.

Additionally, it was replaced with Prime Junta's neutral positive review, because Decado's was too much of a puff piece.

We don't even know who is in charge of the curator, lol.

Infinitron has been open about it.

Volken

Scholar
I hope the will patch some overpowered talents like Lone Wolf. Sadly if they will listen to their newly gained casual playerbase (thanks to the shitty popularity), such balance adjustments are less likely to happen.

People are already mass downvoted on reddit if they even suggest some changes that nerf power level.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I hope the will patch some overpowered talents like Lone Wolf.
wouldnt 4man party of glass cannons be more op?

Sure,if you like hugging the floor so bad.Glass cannon is garbage on 4 man party because you are always going to get stunned before you even have the chance to react.Hell,this shit even overwrite the stench trait and still got stunned the second they had the chance.

It's not worth it when everyone and their grandma has a stun,knock,snare in their arsenal.Maybe it's easier on lower difficulties,but on tactician and higher? Hell no

Tigranes

Arcane
LW was also 'OP' in DOS1 in the sense that a smaller party with LW would sometimes outperform normal parties. Seems like it's their design decision so that you can play any party size you like without it changing the challenge level, though. (LW could probably still use some toning down.)

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I hope the will patch some overpowered talents like Lone Wolf. Sadly if they will listen to their newly gained casual playerbase (thanks to the shitty popularity), such balance adjustments are less likely to happen.

People are already mass downvoted on reddit if they even suggest some changes that nerf power level.
That talent should've just been flat-out removed. There's no need to incentivize or reward single- or duo-playing in an ostensibly party-based game like this. People that choose to go solo would do so anyway and those looking to play atypical games shouldn't be specifically rewarded for doing so.
After another, maybe two more releases post DOS2; Larian will release full decline shit like Oblivion. All the cocaine and 10/10 doritos will make sure of it.
This is what worries me.

:negative:

Last edited:

Black

Arcane

Oh yes, Larian balancing their games worked out so well in the past.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I hope the will patch some overpowered talents like Lone Wolf.
wouldnt 4man party of glass cannons be more op?

Sure,if you like hugging the floor so bad.Glass cannon is garbage on 4 man party because you are always going to get stunned before you even have the chance to react.Hell,this shit even overwrite the stench trait and still got stunned the second they had the chance.

It's not worth it when everyone and their grandma has a stun,knock,snare in their arsenal.Maybe it's easier on lower difficulties,but on tactician and higher? Hell no

not that I tried, but its not easy to keep 4 separated characters down. Such party will also quickly remove enemy armors + add summons onto battle field.

There is single skill that would destroy this party: earthquake. I havent seen anyone using it though.

Dude,the first encounter I had on Reaper's Island was the Scarecrow which could use fear and stun your entire party,imagine yourself having 4 chars that are succeptible to statuses the first second the fight started,it's beyond useless.Maybe if you are overleveled and overgeared,it could work,maybe.

Trust me,Glass Cannon is not worth it on multiple chars,it's busy work and you are gimping yourself for the sake of it.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Anyone that could do me a solid and grab this mod for me? The one on the Nexus isn't a proper .pak version, it's not possible to comment in the workshop if you don't own the game anymore (wtf?) and Workshop Downloaders don't work on the D:OS2 workshop.

It seems like they really want to shit non-Steam users in the mouth.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone that could do me a solid and grab this mod for me? The one on the Nexus isn't a proper .pak version, it's not possible to comment in the workshop if you don't own the game anymore (wtf?) and Workshop Downloaders don't work on the D:OS2 workshop.

It seems like they really want to shit non-Steam users in the mouth.
https://files.fm/u/5a55cwpp

*It's this pak file I hope that works for you

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom