Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Indirect dialogue is like keywords, it facilitates tr00 roleplaying instead of putting words in your mouth (where "you" can belong to wildly disparate races and cultures who shouldn't talk in the same way).They could just write bland/generic lines of dialogue instead, but I guess they wanted to try and eliminate the charade completely.

The idea is pretty good, they just need to get rid of the asteriks, really. Seems like a minor thing to complain about but it just jumps into your face as completely artificial. If the goal is tr00 roleplaying - and by extension a deeper level of immersion - the asteriks make an absurdity of the attempt. Like someone else said in the other thread, it feels like interacting with a computer program or writing code.

It's just not removing the * tho, the entire thing is a jilted experience, the writing is much harder to follow with this entire third person schtick

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Still waiting for my key (if I get one), but reading all this doesn't sound too promising. The dialogue system seem all kind of insane and convoluted :(

jaelkeiset

Educated
Can only rotate with end and delete keys? *sigh*
U KIDDING? You can rebind a rotate modifier (default: mmb) and rotate left/right. So it has all a gamer needs.

Write like normal gamer Kem0sabe, look into the game options (it has such thing!) - you have been trying for god knows how many years and still you are on the absolute zero level of a console gamer.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Can only rotate with end and delete keys? *sigh*
U KIDDING? You can rebind a rotate modifier (default: mmb) and rotate left/right. So it has all a gamer needs.

Write like normal gamer Kem0sabe, look into the game options (it has such thing!) - you have been trying for god knows how many years and still you are on the absolute zero level of a console gamer.

:excellent:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://store.steampowered.com/app/435150/

Early Access FAQ:

Why Early Access?

“Early Access gives you the chance to support the development of Divinity: Original Sin 2. You'll get immediate access to Act 1 which currently contains around 8-12 hours of the game as well as the PvP Arena mode. You will receive the full game upon release.

Be aware that there are still some rough edges and that certain features are missing. Bugs will be fixed, performance will be improved, and new features and improvements will be added regularly during the next months.

If you want a full, polished experience, we advise you to wait until release. It only makes sense to play an Early Access game if, for instance, you want to support the development of the game, you want to help development with your feedback or if you want to get a taste of things to come.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“We plan to release the full game later next year, 2017.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“The full version will have a full campaign, more maps for the PvP Arena mode, a brand new Game Master Mode, more difficulty modes and generally more content: new origin stories, a new playable Undead race, new skill schools and other new features. The editor we used to make the game will also be released.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

“The Early Access version currently contains: Act 1 of the main story campaign with 8-12 hours of gameplay, playable both in single-player and 2-player, 3-player or 4-player co-op; 2 difficulty modes: Classic and Explorer; 4 playable races (one more to come); 4 origin stories (more to be added); 8 skill schools; a new PvP Arena Mode with 6 maps.

We will be updating the game regularly. It's important to know that during Early Access, savegame compatibility between versions may not always be guaranteed.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

“The price will not be increased upon release. All Early Access versions will be automatically be updated to full versions.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

“Like with the first Divinity: Original Sin, your feedback is essential for us to make the game better, so we'd love to hear from you. Let us know what you think of the balancing, what bugs you encountered, what you think could be improved and what adventures you experienced. The more you tell us, the better we can make Divinity: Original Sin 2!”

gaussgunner

Arcane
Does the combat speed slider (along with other features) been avoided cause of multiplayer?
Yeah, they said that it would cause asyncronity problems.

Some people reported that the runspeed mod works in DOS EE multiplayer. Maybe not perfectly though.

I can't vouch for that myself.. I have the GOG Linux version, no online multiplayer.. not that I care.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I guess the change of the Steam review system screwed Larian's (supposed) plan for early positive review score from the backers.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just now managed to play for 2 hours.
- I really like the new art style, I absolutely love the lack of voice acting.
- The detail you get when you zoom in on characters is amazing. I'm finding myself liking the new dialogue system. I think it helps role-playing, combined with the game not having voiced lines, it allows the player to read and visualise the dialogues at his own pace.
- For a moment I stopped to think if Lohse was voiced. I know nobody is, but the fact I remember a voice is good.
- Only fought in 4 battles, and I don't have a full party, so I can't judge combat yet, but from what I've seen on videos and from experience with D:OS, I guess it will get repetitive and long at some point.
- Farther maximum zoom out would have been wonderful.
- I don't know if I can order movement by clicking on the minimap, but if you have to cross a big map, it's going to get tedious. Like in D:OS
- I appreciate the minor improvements to UI
- The reactivity is through the roof
- Overall, I'm pretty happy. Maybe I'll stop playing for now, wait for the full game.

I dug up a grave and killed someone called "Nameless". Hmm.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Gameplay with "Lead Designer Farhang Namdar" and a German channel (in English)

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I'm missing a good old fashioned dialogue log window. Anybody knows if there is one? With the awkward zoom level a lot of "over head" dialogue is very easy to miss, frustrating.

Of course some MMO chat shit is readily available..

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
There's nothing wrong with well done voice acting, just my opinion.

Anyone who has played it, do you think Larian has made any efforts to make the itemization better, or less random? Or is it too early to judge?

Ivan

Arcane
can anyone confirm if DOS EE had VO for all NPCs or just ones with portraits? Is it comparable to Pillars?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Uh he didn't say full voice acting. Of course it'll have some of it. Use common sense people, they said there wouldn't be full voice acting just recently

Jezal_k23

IIRC they already confirmed that it was not viable to have voice acting for the entirety of DOS2, at least not now, since it has got much more dialogue overall than DOS1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom