Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

ScubaV

Prophet
Meh, I think it was a reasonable choice given the information provided. These CYOA's are always fickle. I could just as easily see Issus trying to catch us in a trap in case our faith was weak by lying about the eye sacrifice. He's definitely a bastard like that. But that's over and done with.

As for the current choice, I still want to be evil:

oscar

Arcane
"Nah we went to all the bother of walking over here might as well sacrifice something while we're here hurr"

Internet

Scholar
We should have sacrificed our balls! Oh, well. Looks like we unlocked the romance option, it should be interesting.

ScubaV

Prophet
"Nah we went to all the bother of walking over here might as well sacrifice something while we're here hurr"

I'll admit it, with a prolonged update schedule my trigger finger gets a little itchy for the AWESUM BUTTON!

Baltika9

Arcane
In my defense, I thought it meant "a life for a life," and the eye sacrifice would be insulting, since it is not "a likeness" of a life. Gods and their riddles. No biggie, we have neat new powers.

The right answer is obviously 5, I find this "lord" and his subjects rather tasteless. We may be a vilain, but we have standarts. :obviously:

Lilah

Literate
2 join pragmatically
1 if 2 doesnt win join epically
5 if joining is not winning, run
3 we may run with the hoe
4 yes... sink the obsidian shard into his plate...

is someone gonna parse this shit by hand?...

Rumsfeld

Scholar
Why the fuck are people voting to escape with 4 or 5?

We came to the fire shrine in search of power with flame, then chose the 'evil' sacrifice option to obtain it. Now we have a chance to seal the deal and everyone's voting to escape? Because the 'evil' option has landed us with a rather unsavoury character? What did you expect, a nice cuddly handsome evil wizard with a monocle who would pass on his secrets and ask for nothing in return?

Let's at least be consistent with our course of action:

Zwist

Learned
So you think you can just stab the lord and walk away, the Troglodytes passing like an ocean, ignoring you?
No, you chose your path, now walk it. Seeking redemption now is futile. Insulting even. Although the consequence would be fitting. So that will be my second choice.

Baltika9

Arcane
Why the fuck are people voting to escape with 4 or 5?

We came to the fire shrine in search of power with flame, then chose the 'evil' sacrifice option to obtain it. Now we have a chance to seal the deal and everyone's voting to escape? Because the 'evil' option has landed us with a rather unsavoury character? What did you expect, a nice cuddly handsome evil wizard with a monocle who would pass on his secrets and ask for nothing in return?
Personally, I want to get out of here not because I'm scared by them, but because I find them rather...underwhelming.
This pathetic excuse for a lord can keep his favors and his cockslave, what do we care, his power is over bestial and primitive creatures that can think of nothing more than eating, fucking and shitting. They make for a... repulsive army, to be sure, but do we really wish to stoop to their, frankly pitiful, level? Is this really the best we can obtain, or are there other, more potent and sophisticated uses for our newfound power should we have patience and ambition enough to look for, instead of grasping for the first offer we're given?
So you think you can just stab the lord and walk away, the Troglodytes passing like an ocean, ignoring you?
Well, to be fair, this guy is apparently like a god to them, so killing him may cow them into letting us pass. Or it may not, not like I want redemption in the first place.

Rumsfeld

Scholar
his power is over bestial and primitive creatures that can think of nothing more than eating, fucking and shitting. They make for a... repulsive army, to be sure, but do we really wish to stoop to their, frankly pitiful, level?
Newsflash: evil wizard has 'repulsive army'. Should we really head off to look for an evil wizard with a more appealing army? Maybe some blonde-haired knights would make us feel more at home. And we have no idea of the limits of his power, we've just encountered him. Just because the troglodytes worship him doesn't mean that's all he can do, let's find out before leaving.
Is this really the best we can obtain, or are there other, more potent and sophisticated uses for our newfound power should we have patience and ambition enough to look for
We have a 'spark' of a newfound power that we need to develop. Here is someone who appears to know more. It may be very rare to find someone who knows anything about the power of flame. Before escaping we should find out what he can do, maybe let him heal our arm. If he turns out underwhelming in the long run then we slit his throat and leave.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
vXWO9P5.jpg

And this is, what, the third time in a root LP where consorting with dark arts unfathomable to the protagonist has turned up sour for us? How are you guys still falling for this obvious pitfall?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, root has said this is a collaborative effort, so some people might be misled into believing the others have a moderating influence on root, naïve as that may be? :M

Monty

Arcane
I like the quaintly trusting arguments put forward by some..... that there is actually a course of action where we won't be shafted and end up as a tortured leper in a mouldy dungeon. But, as always, it's fun to watch the car crash.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom