Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"developers: Please ignore this person" tag...

Achilles

Arcane
... for anyone with a proven track record of trolling developers that decide to post on the Codex.

Achilles

Arcane
Aw come on, you guys know how modern devs are, they need some sort of quest compass.

Texas Red

Whiner
Developers will shortly have a special forum section. Only proven Codexers and those who have donated will be able to join.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I see no reason we should scale to the developers level. Though the reintroduction and liberal distribution of DUMBFUCK! tags would be an incline.
If we start bending over to please someone elses fragile egos, there's no telling what they'll think they can get away with ramming up our asses.

Also, ban drocon for being a shit poster.

EG

Nullified
Provide them with an FAQ: "How to Ignore Irrelevant Jabs and Communicate Effectively."

Achilles

Arcane
I'd love that too, but it won't happen. For the longest time noone ever bothered to post or give interviews here, then the Codex donates to Fargo and suddenly there's a new interview every couple of days. Coincidence?

Black

Arcane
If devs can't take the heat from some internet trolls then I doubt they have the balls to man up enough to take on publishers and make good games.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyway this topic is worthless. We all know that some small devs making their roguelikes are active on the dex and more popular ones lurk here, though do not post (anymore). It will change nothing, because the way we are we just are. We aren't a group of individuals discussing every tiny part of old and new cRPGs because we grew bored of it. We discussed games like Arcanum to death, while new games, like Skyrim, are usually bland and do not provoke deep discussions. These which do (ie. DE HR or LoG, I think) are discussed, but there are not many of them. This forum's active members are quite old for a typical gaming forum, I believe average here is close to 30 years old, so people often don't take games as seriously anymore and, while they love their hobby, don't feel as excited about discussing every tiny detail... which already was discussed dozen of times. While games are important to us all, which is why we are here, we do not tend to get obsessive about any particular ones (few individuals are exceptions though). There is no way someone would seriously discuss about topics like the ones that can be encountered in ie. Bioware Social, like sweating of female-blue-alien or several possible endings of ME3.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, but lurkers voted too, most of the people who wrote in the topic were quite older, if I correctly recall.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'd rather have 3 interviews from people who are honestly trying to make a game I will like than a hundred interviews from hipster marketeers who try to appeal to my jewgoldz with empty promises.

The trolls come with the territory. Yes, I think some retards treatment of the Stoic guy was unwarranted. He was honest in his dealings with us, even going so far as explicitly stating that his game - while complex to the average consoletard - would probably be likened to checkers by many of us. But that doesn't mean we should suddenly lose our testicles, drop on our knees and loudly proclaim we're willing to gargle publisher cock if we can only have a few more interviews.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Anyway this topic is worthless. We all know that some small devs making their roguelikes are active on the dex and more popular ones lurk here, though do not post (anymore). It will change nothing, because the way we are we just are. We aren't a group of individuals discussing every tiny part of old and new cRPGs because we grew bored of it. We discussed games like Arcanum to death, while new games, like Skyrim, are usually bland and do not provoke deep discussions. These which do (ie. DE HR or LoG, I think) are discussed, but there are not many of them. This forum's active members are quite old for a typical gaming forum, I believe average here is close to 30 years old, so people often don't take games as seriously anymore and, while they love their hobby, don't feel as excited about discussing every tiny detail... which already was discussed dozen of times. While games are important to us all, which is why we are here, we do not tend to get obsessive about any particular ones (few individuals are exceptions though). There is no way someone would seriously discuss about topics like the ones that can be encountered in ie. Bioware Social, like sweating of female-blue-alien or several possible endings of ME3.

Good news to developers: in another 20-30 years the "RPGCodex problem" will have solved itself, through extinction.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom