Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Deus Ex: Mankind is quickly divided by Conspiracies and Invisible Wars

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Who the fuck's Steve
0.gif

Ninjerk

Arcane
"I've heard what you enjoy doing to your enemies."

...letting them live...potentially unscathed?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
"I've heard what you enjoy doing to your enemies."

...letting them live...potentially unscathed?

That line should've been adjusted a bit more. But I think the devs tried very, very hard to have reactionary dialogues which is costly to create and do multiple takes.

It's a nice attempt, a decent imitation of the classic Deus Ex where Navarre berates me for not killing EVERYONE, while Paul thinks I should stop killing people that impede my sneaking attempts.

My idea is that they should've implemented a 'reactionary email' that takes note of the player's preferred approach after the mission has passed.

Just like this game did.

yay.jpg

Ninjerk

Arcane
Haven't watched the most recent vid, but it doesn't really seem congruent to give players that non-lethal option, tell them they're a merciful soul every time to the tune of 10xp or whatever it is, and then have characters in the gameworld berate them anyways.

RK47

Patron

Was there any hint of the secret room mentioned anywhere?
Or this is just too random?

• There is a third way to stop the gas distribution saving both Dr. Kavanagh and the prisoners by destroying the gas dispersal valve in a secret room awarding the All of the Above achievement in addition to 4000 XP for the completion of both objectives. The valve is located behind a vent cover on the ground level of Detention Block B in the south-west corner. The vent is behind a heavy wooden crate which can be moved or destroyed, depending on if the player has the strength upgrade or not. In the small room behind the vent, jump on the pipes to the left to find another ventilation shaft. To reach the pipes, you either need the Jump upgrade, or get two of the small cardboard boxes found in the main room lower floor and using them as steping stones (you'll have to pick them from the shorter side to be able to get them through the first vent). Place one in the floor to reach the pipe, and the second one on top of the pipe itself to be able to reach the upper scaffolding. Past another vent destroy the green gas dispersal valve in the next room to stop gas distribution to the entire complex. Also a target leading upgrade for the Tranquilizer rifle can be found downstairs. Be aware that the gas canister will not be in place until you return from Kavanagh's lab and the countdown to release the gas is under way.
  • Ironically, in the same area as where the gas canister is found, a box with the name "Sarif Industries" can be found.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
3:11 fabulous pose

Final boss conversation? Like Twitcher2 but with no vodka sharing.

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
Another reason why JC is way cooler than Jensen- JC never got cucked by "his" gf.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Yeah, it's just the name that makes people think their zombies. :lol:

Just admit you went for low-hanging pop culture fruit.

RK47

Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom