Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Deleted member 7219

it can't "die", even hitman was thought gone for all after absolution, it's still too popular, too recognized, to be completely abandoned. hell, we even got human revolution years after that one whose name i won't say. it'll be back, not soon but it will.
Yeah, it will probably be rebooted again in 5 or 10 years, but the Jensen saga is probably dead for good, despite the fact that it was planned as a trilogy and they only released two games.
Are there Jensen fans out there who can't bear the franchise continuing without him? :?

Adam Jensen was a hilariously edgy protagonist. He was only missing a fedora.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
If there is going to be another instalment of DX, I hope Paul Denton will be a main character. And he will be forced to kill Adam Jensen in the most horrible way. Actually, it can be a plausible plot hook explaining why Paul Denton changed sides.

Paul_cz

Arcane
If there is going to be another instalment of DX, I hope Paul Denton will be a main character. And he will be forced to kill Adam Jensen in the most horrible way. Actually, it can be a plausible plot hook explaining why Paul Denton changed sides.
I like jensen (in MD more than in HR) but I like this idea. too bad it will never happen.

Stokowski

Arcane
Does this further the narrative that Square Enix JP need to dispatch ninjas across the Pacific to kick the almighty shit out of Square Enix US' management?

Stokowski

Arcane
What is dead may never die.
latest
Which reminds me, I need to pan this on the unofficial curator. What an awful, awful game.
Done.

fqNcYuk.png

Everything about this was terrible. Pink being the new nano aug color for some reason. The tiny ass levels so it would work on the consoles. ("Smaller, deeper levels" I remember one dev saying.)

And the worst idea I had ever heard at the time: unified ammo system. No reloading and every gun uses the same ammo pool. Not sure if streamlining or just a terrible, terrible idea.

Even the cover art is cringe.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Now i want to see him make a video on the latest creative progressive shit in the deusex franchise.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

^Oh yeah, the fashion show. :D A perspective you tend not to find in other youtubers.
Yeah, that and the body language thing. And the cops criticizing you for taking out the terrorists thing - a 180 from the UNATCO cops in the DX1 intro.

Little things you might have only noticed for a moment and then forgotten about.

DX:HR was so forgetable for me that I forgot all the things I hated about it. His review summed them up pretty nicely though.

sullynathan

Arcane
Been playing the game for a good 5 hours now and it's ok.

Something about this city just feels so artificial to me. There is no day night cycle and there is barely any atmosphere. People don't give a shit if you break into their houses or computers in their face or steal from them in their face. I've already collected nearly all the guns in the game and none of them standout particularly.
I also didn't like how they removed levels from your character just to give you 10 praxis kits back, it's dumb.

I'm playing stealthy and it hasn't been satisfying to say the least. Enemies don't really notice if camera's are off, the guards don't have too much of a range since they can't really tell if you're standing next to them nor do they have complex patrols.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
How much you'll enjoy the game depends on how much of the retarded story and the unbelievable setting you can ignore. Gameplay is improved compared to HR, it looks really nice and there are less situations where the game takes away player control to put you in a terrible situation, wich was the worst part of HR. (There are, of course, still stupid, 'cinematic', timestopping takedowns and you can't fight without energy:argh:.)

Giving you 10 praxis didn't bother me as much as the way Jensen's system got fucked up. He survived worse without damge to his augs, but whatever. Should there be another game with Jensen, I hope they just leave his augs as they are. It's getting quite silly how he loses them every time he stumbles over the plot. (The prison DLC was ok though and would have been a better explanation for a system reset.)

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Does Stealth worse than Metal Gear.
Has that 'Far Cry' permanent targeting.
Terrible, bad Assassins Creed "parkour'
More boring story than FFXV.
Crafting...'Nuff said...it's shit and unneeded.

They took ideas from all kinds of 'Goodish' games...and turned it into shit.

I can just imagine the blue/green hair round table where they came up with all this bullshit.

:1/5::0/5:

Zep--

Valtiel

Scholar
I feel sorry for this franchise, HR and MD have many different problems (some of them very easily fixable) and overall they won't leave any mark on gaming history (except for an esthetic point of view, Human Rev was lightly iconic), but they're both enjoyable games. MD did the city hub very well honestly, I loved Prague, shame the story was cut and gameplay simplified (still don't get why stealth is so much encouraged, it should be the opposite, choosing lethal is just being sadistic basically). I would encourage Eidos to try another time, but hell, maybe Arkane could really do justice to the name. Don't know about obsidian honestly... it's been a while since they make a real AAA

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I feel sorry for this franchise, HR and MD have many different problems (some of them very easily fixable) and overall they won't leave any mark on gaming history (except for an esthetic point of view, Human Rev was lightly iconic), but they're both enjoyable games. MD did the city hub very well honestly, I loved Prague, shame the story was cut and gameplay simplified (still don't get why stealth is so much encouraged, it should be the opposite, choosing lethal is just being sadistic basically). I would encourage Eidos to try another time, but hell, maybe Arkane could really do justice to the name. Don't know about obsidian honestly... it's been a while since they make a real AAA
The best point the video reviewer that I posted made about HR, was that the devs clearly didn't want to be making a Deus Ex game. They wanted to make a Ghost In The Shell game. And they should have. It would have been a p ok Ghost in the Shell game.

It is however, a pretty lame Deus Ex game.

I liked MD. I was bored by HR. But it depends on your expectations going in - which should have been basement level after Invisible War. Did you expect a great Deus Ex game? A great game? Or just an ok sci fi cyberpunk game? Because ok cyberpunk game is about all this is.

If CDPR can somehow pull CP2077 together into a decent game, I think we can lay this series to rest. There's just nothing special it can add to the market in its current state.

sullynathan

Arcane
They wanted to make a Ghost In The Shell game.
I've never played much of the original Duses Ex game but I have beat HR twice and I've also watched GITS movie, SAV TV series and read the GITS manga and these games do remind me heavily of GITS. It could actually work as a GITS game if you swap Jensen for Motoko and gave him a crew.

Giving you 10 praxis didn't bother me as much as the way Jensen's system got fucked up.
The Cutscene was too long and I skipped it so I didn't see what happened except that there was a bomb which is dumb for Jensen losing most of his augs right now. They could've easily let Jensen be as strong as the first mission and just add more augs. whatever.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They wanted to make a Ghost In The Shell game.
I've never played much of the original Duses Ex game but I have beat HR twice and I've also watched GITS movie, SAV TV series and read the GITS manga and these games do remind me heavily of GITS. It could actually work as a GITS game if you swap Jensen for Motoko and gave him a crew.

Giving you 10 praxis didn't bother me as much as the way Jensen's system got fucked up.
The Cutscene was too long and I skipped it so I didn't see what happened except that there was a bomb which is dumb for Jensen losing most of his augs right now. They could've easily let Jensen be as strong as the first mission and just add more augs. whatever.
Sooo you haven't finished the masterpiece yet you have finished that boring shit HR....that says a lot for you.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
So...I trudge through this shit for game...get to M7 I believe (Confronting Talos Rucker). I make to to the final elevator...step off...and fall through the geometry.

I research a bit...it's been a bug for 2 years they haven't fixed. Game Stopping Bug. On All Platforms.

Yeah, fuck this shit. Glad it was free. Uninstalled.

:salute:

Zep--

Beowulf

Arcane
Same goes for the shooting range game stopping bug. It's well documented and has working workarounds (I guess that's one of the reasons nobody bothers fixing that shit), yet it still hasn't been patched.

I finished it, mainly because I liked the Prague Hub. I hate hub cities in general, but this somehow felt pleasurable to navigate through and explore (even despite the invisible walls, and some chekcpoints only registering after you purchased info about a given location, etc).
The game itself went the predictable route and the rush to release it (or lack of ideas) is very visible towards the end.

There is some C&C, decent pew-pew (for when you get bored of ghosting every mission), nice graphics and sometimes terribad voice acting (especially the chick in the armoury).
Overall meh/10.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom