Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Deadrock Divide, a turn-based tactical sandbox sci-fi RPG

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Interesting looking new Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bootsnakegames/deadrock-divide

Fight, trade, and conquer in an 80’s inspired, sci-fi universe. A Sandbox RPG featuring turn-based tactical combat for PC/Mac/Linux.

Control the Fate of Deadrock Divide
You arrive to find the area teeming with miners, pirates, and corporations, all competing for control over valuable resources. Secure contracts and hire, equip, and command your squad of mercenaries to conquer the asteroid belt and become a legend of Deadrock Divide.

bfb8da0a445f597a35fd584c286b81ce_large.png

• Fight in XCOM inspired turn-based tactical combat. Use lasers, turrets, grenades, and more to overcome your enemies. Destructible battlefields open the doors for huge variety in how you choose to fight it out.

• Explore an asteroid field full of miners, pirates, heroes and villains.

• Buy one of many ships, upgrade your ship with special rooms that change how the ship functions in both flight and tactical combat.

• Upgrade your characters with new weapons, armor, belt buckles and more. Unlock the secrets of fantastic weapons, craft your own boots, or take the relic of a famous star fighter.

• Choose one of three factions and help them conquer the region in their quest to control the flow of Deadrock.

• Trade with the stations and denizens of the Divide. A complex economy is at work moving goods from mine to station. Build mines and make money by getting your hands dirty.

• Build your characters how you want using a trait system. Characters unlock trait points you can spend how you want. Have heavy weapons soldier who can heal, a telekenetic pilot, a character with some abilities in many trees, and more.
Deadrock Divide is our take on tactical games by combining elements of sandbox RPG. It provides replayability with random elements that make each playthrough fresh, including beating the game with each of the three factions.

b983bb5aa42706ea7fc2e6d70283678e_large.gif
90280febd0b586326d3fe80ca9fb646b_large.gif

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
They are kinda cute. Too bad they are Americans and supporting this kickstarter would mean supporting American privilege.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Won't support but will definitely keep an eye on it. On paper, it sounds very good. Now it's all about execution.

jdinatale

Cipher
Can't bring myself to back another game until I finally see a finished project for the ones I already backed.

dru

Novice
Hey guys!

I'm dru from Bootsnake Games. I'm one of the guys working on Deadrock Divide.

Thanks for finding the Kickstarter. If you have any questions about the game, the studio, our KS, or anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for interest and have a great day.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hey guys!

I'm dru from Bootsnake Games. I'm one of the guys working on Deadrock Divide.

Thanks for finding the Kickstarter. If you have any questions about the game, the studio, our KS, or anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for interest and have a great day.

Are you doing this project part- or full-time? What's the chance this actually goes through to completion? (Sorry, I had to ask.) Does that depend on the KS funding, or are you going to make the game anyway?

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Will the (awesome) music from the KS pitch be like the music in-game? Are you composing it yourselves or are you using licensed tracks?

Eyeball

Arcane
Looks Space Rangery, only with Shadowrun combat.

Doesn't look bad, methinks. I dislike the Tron-y look of the space map, but the ground battles look functional visually.

Gotta wonder though - it's a spaaaace game. Will there be no spaaaace combat? The demo only showcases Shadowrunny ground battles.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
These guys have more experience in making games than a lot of other low-budget Kickstarters. That's reassuring. I'm not usually a fan of these kinds of proceduraly generated games though.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Am I understanding right that you get two keys at the $15 tier? it says a Steam key for early access and a DRM free copy.

dru

Novice
Are you doing this project part- or full-time? What's the chance this actually goes through to completion? (Sorry, I had to ask.) Does that depend on the KS funding, or are you going to make the game anyway?

Full time. Making games is what my brother Mat and I do full time.

We are contracting an artist right now which is almost full time.

The game will make it to conclusion eventually if we fail on KS. We may have to get other work or find other revenue. And it paints a much cloudier picture for us. And we will not be able to keep contracting people.

dru

Novice
Will the (awesome) music from the KS pitch be like the music in-game? Are you composing it yourselves or are you using licensed tracks?

We are going to be announcing more about the sound through the process of the Kickstarter. We are bringing in a sound/music guy. He did the song at the beginning of the trailer.

We are VERY excited about where we are going with audio.

dru

Novice
Looks Space Rangery, only with Shadowrun combat.

Doesn't look bad, methinks. I dislike the Tron-y look of the space map, but the ground battles look functional visually.

Gotta wonder though - it's a spaaaace game. Will there be no spaaaace combat? The demo only showcases Shadowrunny ground battles.

We are going to have some ship to ship minigame type of things in the game. The focus of the game is the tactical combat.

There is some space rangery stuff in the game, but that game is totally amazing in its insanity.

dru

Novice
Am I understanding right that you get two keys at the $15 tier? it says a Steam key for early access and a DRM free copy.

Basically. Early Access for the beta will be Steam only. Then we'll have a DRM solution as well. They'll likely be handled by HumbleStore if you are familiar with that.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
dru, how much do you expect the mechanics to change from the alpha? i mean currently you might as well cut attributes entirely and just let people put points directly into the derived stats for better fine control and uncoupled crit chance from hit chance...

dru

Novice
dru, how much do you expect the mechanics to change from the alpha? i mean currently you might as well cut attributes entirely and just let people put points directly into the derived stats for better fine control and uncoupled crit chance from hit chance...

There has basically been very little balance done on the game outside of making it playable and pretty fun for a stretch (about an hour or so of content in the build thats floating around).

We used to not have the core attributes and it was all in the derived stats. We went to core stats for a few reasons. We wanted some stats to carry weight in both the combat and while flying your ship is one of the big ones.

There are more stats which are hidden right now. Mental stats, strength, and Charisma.

We have carry capacity, melee damage, melee accuracy, barter, mental resistance, mental accuracy, hacking computers, piloting, engineering, and healing rate out of combat all coming soon.

I'll do a bigger attributes and skill update on our forums and in an update soon to try to talk about it more in depth with some math on how it all works.

But all this stuff is not totally locked down. We are very open to feedback and changing the system if it makes sense to do it. The alpha will probably have a lot of testing this sort of stuff in place.

I hope this ramble helps. I'm totally excited to talk about this kind of stuff!

Cadmus

Arcane
what...a kickstarter developer who doesn't post retarded copy-pasted vague shit? are you an alien?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom