Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dead State gets Reanimated

garren

Arcane
Patron
So started a new game.. and someone please tell me how to change equipment between different characters while I'm inside the school. Can't do the right-click switch that you can do while outside. This is pretty much the only major issue I have at the moment.

EDIT: nwm shelter storage interface, thanks random loading screen tip.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
These fixes are basically everything our reviewer was talking about, right?
Pretty much. The only major recommendation of mine that I don't see is xp reduction to stop your PC from maxing out by the end. Other than that, on paper it looks like they've done everything possible to make this my dream version of the game!

Last edited:

mastroego

Arcane
Zombra's words make me interested in this game again, BUT I have to say I'm concerned about the things I've read about the ending, which as I understand is pretty grim and unavoidable.

Now judge me as you want but I like happy (or at least bittersweet) endings with my movies AND my games (to a lesser extent, but still).
It IS an issue for me, I don't want to feel like I've wasted the time invested in entertainment.

mastroego

Arcane
Well, as I said, feel free to judge me.
I'm mature enough to know what I like/need.
Free time is limited and entertainment is meant as escapism for me. Tragic endings leave me depressed.
The occasional exception to the rule may apply, of course, but there needs to be some solid reasons for that.

mastroego

Arcane
Well, uhm, don't know. I did say I'm tempted. Guess I'll suck it up when I'm out of things to play...

Luka-boy

Arcane
After 3 months of building the perfect shelter, a nuclear technician from the local plant shows up and says there's going to be a meltdown, so you have to evacuate. Not actually all that bad. :)
The thing is that, as far as I've gathered, some people...
...never even realized it was a real warning and they could actually evacuate, so they did nothing and some time later they suddenly got a game over with everyone dying of radiation poisoning. They assumed it was the standard (and possibly only) ending and spread the word in some forums that the game had a bad, tragic ending. And that misunderstanding has led to a situation where some potential customers read that, find it a big turn-off and stop caring about the game.

And I'm not saying the evacuation endings are super happy either, but other than losing the shelter they all worked so hard to build (and the main character losing his leader status in at least one of them) they're more of an open-ended, new beginning deal. I'd hardly call them bad endings.
I'm not a fan of this game, but I hate misinformation and it's annoying seeing a bunch of idiots who weren't paying attention make potential customers turn their back on a game for a completely wrong reason.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For those who aren't reading the spoilers, what Luka-boy is (correctly) saying is that the game has multiple endings and some are worse than others ... and if you are smart you will avoid the worst of them.

So mastroego, if that helps ... the game doesn't necessarily have the horror movie ending where rocks fall and everyone dies despite their best efforts. But even the best ending I know of ain't exactly a flower garden.

mastroego

Arcane
Disagree.
Say, what if a series like Walking Dead ended with everyone dying? It'd be thematically sound, granted, but it'd defy the purpose many of us have for watching shows in the first place.
Of course, an ending with a few bitter strokes would have to be expected, anyway.

Saduj

Arcane
The ending I got was supposed to be neutral or good but I thought it was potentially the worst case scenario because

The people manning the gate didn't want to let the escape bus through because they were guarding a "safe zone". Presumably, there are no zombies or infected people in a safe zone. My group massacres the guards and enters the safe zone with an infected individual in tow, potentially dooming what is left of humanity in the process.

:gd:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom