Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dawn of War single player demo mods

Fez

Erudite
There are already a few new mods out now for the single player demo (they won't work with the beta) and a few still in progress.

Here are a couple I've tried so far:

One which will add in the Orks as a playable race in the skirmish maps (which seems to work perfectly). This one also enables the uber units like terminators for the Orks and Space Marines by removing the need to have captured a relic so you can finally see them in action in SP.

The other iis a quirky mod that lets you play as the Imperial Guard, with two hero units, a tank and swarms of basic troops. The Imperial guard units even have voice overs and heavy weapons. The mod has fudged it so they use Space Marine buildings as none were included in the demo, but it works well. Do not try to use the IG in the army painter as it will likely cause a CTD. The AI does not seem to use the IG troops as a separate faction, though they work fine for single player matches.

Try these links for the Ork and Imperial Guard mods. You'll find them early in the thread along with a few screen shots.

Greenskin13

Erudite
Right now, I'm both.

I can't get my demo to work for some reason, but adding the Imp Guards is a great step. I love those crazy cannon-fodders. They dress like a mix between Starship Troopers and Vietnam soldiers.

Ibbz

Augur
Sweet, I was just looking for something like this, should add some more life into the demo.

Fez

Erudite
If you play as IG in a skirmish then you need to build fast to get their tank. Otherwise the troops get slaughtered. Though I have played games against the orcs or the space marine AI and won, despite losing ten times as many troops due to their disposable nature. It can lead to some impressive carnage and some of the most fun I've had in a tank rush for a long while.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom