Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Darkest Hour Codex Multiplayer

I was thinking of getting a multiplayer game of DH started.

Since there is a lot of choice between mods and scenarios, I'll just have to gauge interest first before we vote on one.

Cassidy

Arcane
If you guys go, I think you need at minimum six players to fill the big dogs - say, Enclave, New Arroyo, NCR, WBOS, Robot Nation, FUSA, etc. A eight-codexer warfest in the west coast wpuld be fucking epic, through.

What is that northern portion of South America supposed to be? Caribbean post-apoc pirates?

:M

I'd like to pick that, thanks.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The main problem with MDS is still that lots of countries have no updates in natural resources (ie, Finland appears to have no mining at all) and currently uses the fucktarded DH new manpower system (which is so utterly retarded nobody uses it anymore), which WOULD be circumvented with the "spend cash for manpower" decision except that decision is limited to certain countries (rather arbitrary countries to an extent too), but that can easily be modded out. Another issue is that the nuke mission activation events aren't generic, only specific countries can use nukes (which completely defeats the purpose of having nuke and ICBM tech).

The real issue for multiplayer, I think, is that MDS is balance hell. Another problem is that it's so event heavy things might get rather wonky.

As for Kaiserreich, it's probably just the question of the sheer number of events. And the fact either nobody plays Germany, or everyone teams up against Germany.

In most of my KR games France always rapes germany and balkanises it. And I've played like 100 games of it. Wouldn't be much of a problem.

Main issue would be Commissar Draco taking Russia, Wrangelising it and getting all the lebensraum. Human controlled Russia can be a real pain in the ass in every KR multiplayer after 1940.

Vaarna_Aarne

I've never seen non-AI France beat Germany without player help. In fact, I rarely see them last two years against them.

Personally I'd say KR multiplayer would be at its best if all the players pick minor nations that have options to expand and get cores.

L'ennui

Magister
For all it's failings, MDS might be fun to try out.

Or we could play a ginormous Arms, Armistice and Revolutions game spanning both world wars? But that takes a lot of commitment I suppose.

OR we could ...play it vanilla?? Oh the humanity

Envoyé de mon HUAWEI MT1-U06 en utilisant Tapatalk

Vaarna_Aarne

For all it's failings, MDS might be fun to try out.
MDS would need certain rules between players regarding alliances tho. China and Russia obviously should be forbidden from being buddies due to how big the benefit for both of them it would be, for example. Besides that, someone would need to mod in a universal Nuke enable decision, along with granting everyone access to the cash->manpower decision.

A minor detail I think that should be pointed out that in MDS majority of military leaders (ie, all USA leaders will retire, but North Korea can never lose its leaders to an arbitrary retirement date IIRC) have a retire date set ten years before default end date, and no future leaders are present.

EDIT: Also, I'm not probably going to get in on this regardless of mod. I don't have enough faith in my skill with the game.

Last edited:

L'ennui

Magister
Yeah, if only we had a skilled modder around here. :-P

Regarding your edit : I also fully intend to be wiped off the face of the planet in a few years. Just pick Best Korea and whatever you do will be a huge improvement from their current leadership.

Envoyé de mon HUAWEI MT1-U06 en utilisant Tapatalk

Problem is that few to no-one joins the Dictatorship of Man when the Chosen One declared Andhaira upon the States. Enclave is also sandwiched between BoS and Polar Station, so Arroyo isn't fucked that hard.

Cassidy

Arcane

I'd like to join a FODD multiplayer as

machete.jpg

LAS MALVINAS SON ARGENTINAS LAS CALIFORNIAS SON MEXICANAS!
LOS TEXAS SON MEXICANOS!
NUEVO MÉXICO PARA EL MÉXICO!

NEW REPUBLIC OF MEXICO

I'm back in Germany at Sunday, gonna be able to play from then on.

Excelent, then! By then we might get more people, and have hunted down all the remaining bugs if any does remain.
Is hamachi still necessary to play DH? I remember there was one version of it that was good, 1.5 or something, had a 'dexer working on it. Can you help me here, St. Toxic ?

Also gentleman's rules. I would suggest no annexing until the Endwar (puppeting is ok), in order to keep enough free nations for future players, with a few exceptions (Spiders, Kurtz, Zombie Apocalypse, God-Machine, Warriors of Ice).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom