Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Crypts and Things Remastered Kickstarter

nikolokolus

Arcane
If you like Swords & Wizardry or some of the other OSR games, this might be up your alley. Basically, the Kickstarter is to pay for new art, but the plan is to also expand the included gazetteer, add monsters, expand information on cults, etc.

Plus, if you back you get a beta copy of the rules right now before the campaign ends.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/645319106/crypts-and-things-remastered

It's probably my favorite OD&D-like; with all of the elves and dwarves and Tolkienized shit stripped out and Lovecraft, C. A. Smith and Howard influences put in its place. The magic system in particular is great - maybe the only D&D-esque game (aside from maybe DCC RPG) to nail the feeling of black sorcery without being overly complicated or table driven.

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Thanks for the heads up. Pledged at the 15 pound level. Looks neat.

nikolokolus

Arcane
I've been digging through the beta rules and I have to say, the improvements over the first printing of C&T are great. The skills system looks workable, the Test of Luck system to replace Saving Throws (and all of the different ways you can use it) looks good and the magic system is even better now. Along with the more consistent art it all looks like something that's going to be a major improvement without any stupid regressions or additions that kill what made C&T good to begin with.

Hopefully I'll be able to do a play-test with my face-to-face group in the next couple of months.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Backed this too. 10$ for the hard cover rulebook seems cool. Curious to read about the setting and systems for this.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Well ten pounds. But yeah, at cost for a hardcover is pretty good. C&T retails for about $24 in softcover and $40 hardcover on Lulu.com

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
For those that backed this, just a reminder, if you pledged for the digital download PDF, you should have gotten your e-mail and a link to download it from DriveThruRPG.com (you WILL need to create an account there to download it). I just downloaded mine, and now just need some time to read it over. :shittydog:

The final released version is not out yet. Just the backer PDF for now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom