Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Combat Question.

Jed

Cipher
How does one switch weapons during combat, or is this even possible?

Thanks,
J

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
Right now it's completely possible and there is no penalty, just right-click on a character's portrait to open their character window.

Odds are in the next version there will be a small action penalty for equipping/unequipping during combat.

-mat

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Strange thing happened when I switched weapons with my hunter from a sword to a longbow, the longbow suddenly cost one AP less to fire for that round.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
yeah, the AP switching is a known (and very exploitable) bug that will be addressed in the next version.

-mat

Momotaca

Novice
This is probably a related bug as I guess it shouldn't have been allowed in combat. One character was able to give arrows to another during a combat. I note that there was no apparent penalty and that the two characters were quite a distance apart (i.e., the "giving" would have been impossible without movement).

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
This is one of those areas that I never added the combat specific code to, i.e. in non-combat gameplay I didn't want to people to have to worry about distance between characters and such, but I'm gradually working on switching over to a different system for combat, it's a slow process just to be sure that I don't introduce bugs or screw up what already works.

cheers,

-m

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom