Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

People News Colin McComb and Gavin Jurgens-Fyhrie have left inXile

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, May 10, 2018.

1. SausageInYourFace Arcane Patron

SausageInYourFace
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Click here and disable ads!
    As long as Colin is just a writer it should be fine. Can't imagine that Sven would hire him as project lead after TToN bombed so hard.

^ Top  
  2. Murk Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Murk
    Parrots:
    I'm not sure what type of effect Colin would have, but if it's able to bring the bizarre bipolarity of 2cute4u puns + murder-rape-golem-dungeon of D:OS2 down a notch, I think it'll be a net positive.

^ Top  
  3. MurkyShadow Glittering gem of hatred Patron

MurkyShadow
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
    Larian - Proudly bringing on the bad writing singularity.

^ Top  
  4. SausageInYourFace Arcane Patron

SausageInYourFace
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    But that is what makes it so fun!

You can actually tell the Ultima influence here. In Ultima 7 you can speak to a talking horse one moment, then stumble upon a druid sacrificing a baby on an altar the next. In Divinity games you can talk to a cute doggy one moment, then stumble upon a mountain of corpses at the edge of a blood red river the next. I love those kind of tonal shifts.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Murk Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Murk
    Parrots:
    I don't hate them, but they are a jarring shift. I think it can be fine in limited doses, but it's kind of just everywhere. If the game had an overall more somber tone, and I thought it was going to given the "apocalypse approaches" premise of what's going on, it would be fine. But it's still this cartoony lolpunlol game. It could be that they never really refine the presentation, so the edgy stuff comes off jarring and hamfisted instead of a natural escalation of events. I much more prefer the fairy-tale like surrealness of things in Divinity 1 than the strange 180 OS2 provides.

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. The Bishop Savant

The Bishop
    Parrots:
    Larian? More like Hilarian, amirite?

Also, McComb is a perfect fit for them. Anywhere else he could be a potential liability, but writing for Larian - he can't do any damage even if he wanted to. It's almost like a match made in heaven.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Mastermind Arcane Bethestard

Mastermind
    Parrots:
    lol you lying pos, you read every word and in your mind's eye you saw the truth: that I am right and none of you pencil dick losers can counter it because it is the absolute truth.

^ Top  
  8. Yg Masin Novice

Yg Masin
    Parrots:
    dropping in to say you all still fucking suck

• Participation Award Participation Award x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Goral Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

Goral
    Parrots:
    Sup Drog.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)