Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán slumps down on the floor. "Perhaps he'll find solace with his mistress once more. I fear for the next time we see Father Inniros."

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
"You were a good man, Sokrates, I wish we could have had more time to talk together... Once we are done here, we shall carry his body outside, then incinerate it and disperse the ashes so that he is one with nature again."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr claims the fallen paladin's sword. "Fallen friend, I will do what I can to find your missing lady."

nikolokolus

Arcane
(Cormac is still technically at 0 hit points, but awake now, so you will need assistance to move. Don't forget that clerics can spontaneously convert spells into a healing effect (2 HP per spell level))

After paying last respects to the fallen Kimmerian, the troupe gathers themselves near the center of the room where the two remaining vats cast their wan greenish light. weird alien forms bob and float listlessly in the glass vats, one is a strange mixture of insectoid and piscine features and the other is a small human-like figure with tiny bat wings and a long tapered skull, and a prehensile tail.

BOOKKEEPING:
Everyone receives 1120 Experience points (for everthing that's happened in the tower). If that's enough to raise a level, roll your hit points and post it below and then update your character sheet accordingly.

Totals According to my records:
Rhenmyr: 2581 EXP
Borric: 2604
Ker: 2639
Marcán: 2525
Cormac: 2332

Last edited:

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Alright! New level for everybody, bros! :kingcomrade:
HP UP 2nd level [1d6] = 2
"The second-level Druid can determine whether water is pure; identify any type of normal plant by sight, smell, or taste; and move easily through non-magical undergrowths, including thorns or heavy vines."
:flamesaw:

Ker will learn Detect Magic and Warp wood as its next spells (although Obscuring mist, Produce flame and Heat metal seems pretty fun too)

nikolokolus

Arcane
For the curious: level 2 hit points [1d8+1] = 5+1 = 6 (if nobody objects I'm going to "play" Borric, that's not to say he'll be doing any problem solving for you guys, but I'll try to do more actual roleplay of his character).

Rhenmyr looks around the room for anything noteworthy. Much of the floor is littered with scrolls and tomes that have been ripped from the book shelves that line the outer wall. Fluid from the shattered vats appears to have flooded the floor at some point and has ruined almost all of them, what hasn't been obliterated with moisture appears to have been consumed by the vine creature; based on the piles of offal and waste and slimy state of much of the precious objects, the thing was probably getting nourishment from the parchments and the leather bindings of dozens and dozens of books.

As you sift through the garbage, you also find a jumbled pile of bones at the center of the shallow recess where the vine-thing was at repose before you disturbed it. There are several skulls of creatures you don't recognize, but two are unmistakably human. One of them has a row of gold teeth still set into the skull, additionally you notice a ring of twisted gold and silver on the skeletal finger of a disembodied hand in the pile of bones. Clutched in this hand is an oddly shaped rod about a foot long that appears to be made of wood, however when you try to pick it up you immediately notice that it's unbelievably heavy (perhaps 15 lbs) and seems preternaturally hard; it's length is inscribed with impossibly fine loops, whorls and other scrollwork.

After your survey of the bones and detritus, the only other thing of note is an arch on the north side of the chamber that leads to another ascending staircase. About five feet up the stairs you see a a narrow set of stone double doors that block ascent.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Oops. forgot the CON bonus. 1 more HP

"Cormac, did you know of anyone in the tower with gold teeth? Or someone with with a really heavy stick? What do you make of it?" Rhenmyr grabs the ring and rod and shows the others.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
While Cormac is thinking, Rhemyr checks the gold tooth skull, rod, and ring with the mirror.

nikolokolus

Arcane
All of the objects appear to be just what they are; there is nothing illusory about their nature.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Cormac looks over the rod and ring. You don't recall the rod, but you remember that Koren's manservant had a twisted gold and silver ring on his right hand.

Cormac takes the rod and ring, and starts to examine in detail the ring and then the rod. "I think we may have fond Ghul and his manservant. I don't understand how they ended up being devoured though. That is unless they were killed by the same apprentice that killed my fellow priests and attacked me."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"That's disturbing if it is Ghul. But I won't count the wizard out until we finish exploring. Where'd the dog go? I'm curious how it would react to the corpses we've uncovered."
Rhenmyr sets aside his bronze two hander with Sokrates' bronze plate then claims the paladin's sword.
"Shall we proceed?"

Have we searched the entire floor now? Is the only unexplored exit the stairs up? The maps looks map seems to show a door directly across from the door from the down stairs in addition to the stairs up.

nikolokolus

Arcane
(For convenience)
PZoDkc9.jpg

There is a set of plain, unadorned and unbarred bronze double doors on the west side of the room (sorry I forgot to put that in the post above). One half has been damaged and hangs off of a single hinge and doesn't shut properly, while the intact half does not resist when you push on it.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
While waiting for the others to chime in, Rhenmyr wonders over to peek out the damaged door.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The door groans on its hinges and swings out. before you is a set of wide steps that lead down to a narrow semi-circular stone porch. Mounted to the rail on a pivot is a strange brass object about three feet wide and tall; not dissimiliar to this:
image.jpg

nikolokolus

Arcane
Porch? Is it outside? Does it overlook the city?

You take several steps out onto the porch into the cool and moisture laden night air. Fog roils around the base of the tower shrouding Lowtown and making you feel as if you could be miles above the ground. To the west you can see the darkness shrouded cliffs of Hightown and the outline of buildings at the top of the bluff stand out against the starry sky, high above the the heavy fog. Apart from a few barking dogs and few other indeterminate sounds the city seems peaceful - so peaceful that it almost feels deserted.

(roll a 3d6 intelligence check).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom