Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric drops down to join his comrades against the Seeker.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Huzzah! I actually hit something in combat! I'm helping! Can I try to net the fleeing guard without the seeker getting a free shot a me? If so, I'll try that. If not, I'll wait until the melee portion of the round and try to skewer the last Seeker.

"Executing a girl. Attacking your own ally. I bet you'd stab your own grandma if she burned dinner. No regrets about putting you down."

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric drops down to join his comrades against the Seeker.

Huzzah! I actually hit something in combat! I'm helping! Can I try to net the fleeing guard without the seeker getting a free shot a me? If so, I'll try that. If not, I'll wait until the melee portion of the round and try to skewer the last Seeker.

"Executing a girl. Attacking your own ally. I bet you'd stab your own grandma if she burned dinner. No regrets about putting you down."

The fleeing guard is beyond melee range this round and too far away to throw a net (20 ft/yds max). When he fled the combat he opened himself up to a free attack from the last Seeker and Sokrates if he had been on his feet.

At this point Rhenmyr can try to chase him down or Borric might be able to intercept him, since he has the initiative. However, the only way that can happen is by leaping over to the next house, running along the tiles and jumping off the roof and on to the guard. My judgement is that if Borric makes a successful attack roll from a flying leap, the guard will take weapon damage +1d6 and will break your fall, otherwise Borric is subject to (1d6) falling damage. On the other hand Borric can carefully climb down and use up all of his movement and require a climbing check.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Argh, the damage range implies I could die from the flying leap. Guise do I take it or no?

nikolokolus

Arcane
By no means do you have to do anything, I'm just telling you all what it would take to stop the guard cold this round without any chasing, etc.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Argh, the damage range implies I could die from the flying leap. Guise do I take it or no?

Umm. No. The guard is small fry not worth risking your life to stop. I say we kill the last seeker, grab what loot we can grab quickly and make a break for it. Looks like we succeeded if rescuing Nightingale, which was the goal here.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ker's winds his sling and lets a stone loose in a high arcing shot and loses sight of it as it rises in the air, a second later the guard sprawls flat on his face as the sling-stone ricochets off his thin leather helmet. It's hard to know if you brained him or just knocked him out, but he's laid out and not moving about 70 feet away.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Hard pressed as he is on all sides (and perhaps a little green too?) the last Seeker steps backward and catches his foot awkwardly on the plinth surrounding the fountain. Seizing the opportunity, Rhenmyr darts in again like a pit viper and skewers the man cleanly in the ribs through a joint in his coat of ringmail, He falls backward into the fountain with a loud splash and a cloud of crimson quickly spreads out from his wounds in the turbulent water.

A hush descends on the square as you all look around to find it utterly deserted. Blood is quickly pooling around the dead Seekers and glancing about you spot a few people peeking their heads out of second story windows, but most dart out of sight when they catch your eye.

The man who absailed down the side of the warehouse and ran toward Nightingale is hoisting her up and practically dragging her across the cobbles. The archer who was firing into the melee from his perch atop a nearby house drops neatly from the edge of the roof and jogs over to assist.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán runs over to the two as fast as he could. He speaks without abandon.

"Hold! Now, what in blazes was all of that? You're just gonna leave us without a word? Without us around you would've been on the chopping block too!"

nikolokolus

Arcane
The man who slid down the rope looks up from under Nightingale's insensate and battered form. "No time for words. Now is the time for fleeing and hiding. Look." he nods his head to the Southwest over your shoulder, towards the Great Staircase that lays perhaps a half-mile away winding its way up the sheer bluffs out of Lowtown to Hightown. A knot of figures with spear points glinting in the noonday sun can be made out scrambling down the steps in haste - no doubt a company of guards or town watch investigating the commotion of a fleeing mob. "Come if you will, but know that I cannot vouchsafe you will be well received by our brethren, but you seem no friend of the Seekers for whatever reason, so that's something at least." He and his companion lift Nightingale between them and begin hustling as fast as they can for the docks.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
While Marcán talks with the thieves, Rhenmyr quickly assesses the fallen Seeker's gear hoping for an upgrade. He quickly checks the head Seeker's body before scooping up the most promising weapon and following the thieves.

nikolokolus

Arcane
A cursory examination of the Lead Seeker reveals a few interesting details. His armor seems to be a well made Linothorax dyed a deep blue-black and it is festooned with opals and bronze chasing. Stripping the armor might take a bit of time, but it would probably be a quick feat to cut the cords that cinch the armor around the dead man's torso. His great sword is made of bronze and looks serviceable, with little to no adornment. The thing that truly catches your eye is the man's fuligin cloak. It's so black, light almost seems to fall into it; in fact looking at it you can barely perceive its folds. What utility it might possess beyond its normal function of warding off the rain and the chill is unknown. The other two Seekers are similarly attired, although their Linothoraxes are of a cruder make and bear no decoration.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
So Bronze great sword. What weapons did the other two Seekers drop? Would I be able to modify the linothorax for use or would I only be able to sell it? Definitely going to grab the cloak.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The other two Seekers dropped nearly identical swords, right down to the same forge mark. As for the armor, it's sized for a person about 7 feet tall, but it could probably be shortened/re-fitted by a skilled armorer, but you'll never know until you ask one.

Each of the Seekers carries a small leather belt pouch. Rhemnyr quickly opens each and rifles through them to see what's what. Your search reveals several dozen silver (ballpark figure) and some other small personal effects - A copper locket and chain with a passable portrait of a woman painted inside it, a small scroll with several names you don't recognize with a line stricken through them and two more names at the bottom that aren't, a small vial of white powder with a cork stopper and some small implements that you recognize as the tools of a professional torturer (thumb screws, a scalpel, a tourniquet).

nikolokolus

Arcane
Sokrates is on his feet and a little bloodied and bruised but nothing life threatening from what you can ascertain of the giant simpleton.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The fight yields 55 EXP for everyone in the party (I've got your totals in a spreadsheet if you want to compare notes)

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr cuts the the cords to retrieve the head Seeker's armor, grabs the Seeker's cloak and the belt pouches, and a greatsword. Then he follows the thieves.

"Grab a greatsword if you want one. Let's get out of here."

Siveon

Bot
Marcán quickly inspects the other Seeker for anything of note, while grabbing himself a cloak and a greatsword and removing his armor by the cords.

"Good thinking Rhen, I forget these types like to carry some expensive equipment."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Borric clambers down. "Let us get out fast. I daresay we've overstayed our welcome."

Siveon

Bot
I'm just seeing if this one guy has anything special on him too, and then I'm booking it with those shady fellows.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom