Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán feels all of the muscles in his body tighten and his limbs go rigid. You are held fast, unable to move or speak.

nikolokolus

Arcane
I feel like I'm missing something . . . but I believe everybody that can act in the melee phase has done so. Somebody jump in and let me know ASAP.

Anyway, round 2 is up and I think I'd like to try something a little different. Is everyone OK with not re-rolling for initiative each round? It would probably speed things up a little bit, but I'm OK if people want to stick to the old way.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, I didn't do anything in the melee round, but can we just say I'm hiding behind that wall instead of near it? That's what I was gonna do before I got paralyzed. (No damage though, whew)

I don't mind not rolling, gives us the advantage. :P

Oh, wait, does this mean my buff got interrupted? Man, writing poetry is hard, this bites.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Well, I didn't do anything in the melee round, but can we just say I'm hiding behind that wall instead of near it? That's what I was gonna do before I got paralyzed. (No damage though, whew)

I don't mind not rolling, gives us the advantage. :P

Oh, wait, does this mean my buff got interrupted? Man, writing poetry is hard, this bites.

Hmmm . . . you know what, you're right. You can definitely be hidden from direct line of sight in the alley. since your "action" phase was to move again (20 feet + 20 feet at half speed). Marcán is free and clear, ducked as he is in the alley. In which case I'll roll Sokrates' saving throw . . . who nobody can see at this point, so I won't post his roll until somebody can see him.
:)

In any case you are still chanting and free to act next round. (I assume you are trying to boost your allies, vs. debuffing the Seekers based on the poem you wrote).

ROUND 2
Order:
Everybody in the party then Sokrates and the enemy.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Describe rooftops plis, what do I have around me?

After vaulting onto the roof of the single-storey building, Borric takes stock of his situation, taking care to duck his head low so as to remain unseen.

The clay tile roof slopes gently to a pyramidal peak, which currently obscures your view of the square. It would be a trivial matter to clamber to one of the other faces (currently you are on the south face) and change your perspective. Additionally, a small narrow chimney at the top of the peak belches forth a modest amount of smoke. Finally, the edge of the roof to the ground is about a 10 foot drop.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Does the net prevent the guard from moving? Any benefit from throwing another net on him? Do I need to pass on the movement phase to to attack the guard or can I club him from behind as some kind of surprise action?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Does the net prevent the guard from moving? Any benefit from throwing another net on him? Do I need to pass on the movement phase to to attack the guard or can I club him from behind as some kind of surprise action?

Here's the bit from my house rules document that you can read here, if you don't still have it (It's also in the first post of the game thread).

"To-hit ignores armor. If it strikes, the target rolls a saving throw or they are entangled for 1 round (-2 to-hit and saves, half movement) in the second round the target rolls another save, if it fails they are hopelessly entangled and must be freed by another or take 1d3 rounds to free themselves."

So basically it's a one round effect that hampers movement, unless he fails his second saving throw at which point he's basically "held"

There would be no stacking effect of penalties for throwing another net, except that he would have to make a second set of saving throws, which I suppose increases the chance he's hampered/entangled.

If the guard fails his second saving throw you can automatically hit him, but before that happens he gets no AC benefit from shield or dexterity from now until that failed saving throw.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Thanks. So the guard is slowed at the moment. If he'll provoke an attack of opportunity if he moves, Rhenmyr will stay put to (attempt to) clobber him in the melee phase.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán takes a breath, and peeks out from the corner (does this count as movement)?

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ker wishes he could cast more spells! For now he just scans the room for the heaviest thing he can carry and and then use it to club the guard on the head.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric scuttles across the roof and crosses a ridge to the east facing aspect, this provides you with an narrow field of view of the street that leads eastward. A panicked mob is screaming and shoving in an attempt to flee the conflict. Also, much to your shock, about 30 feet away at the opposite end of the building, you see a figure crouched low with their back turned to you on the very same roof; they are using a chimney for cover and are knocking an arrow into a shortbow and aiming down toward the square (which is still partly blocked from your view).

You still have about 30 feet of movement left this round if you wish to close the gap.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Righto, close gap and stick boot with spike on his ass. And tell him to kindly shoot someone other than the thieving one.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
The arrows in the first round were AT the seekers. I'd guess the archer is her guildmate. Might want to reconsider the spiked boot in ass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom