Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

nikolokolus

Arcane
Wow. I got like zero notifications for anything since Wednesday.
Borric again tries to kick at the thing, but it's just too quick and easily darts out of the way.

It hisses at Borric and lunges again with its fanged maw: [1d20+3] = 19+3 = 22, damage [1d6] = 3 It sinks its teeth into his unprotected arm and Borric can feel some kind of venom injected from the creature's teeth. (ERYFKRAD Borric takes 3 damage and I need you to roll a saving throw with +8 to the roll)

Brule surges into the chamber with his sword held aloft and charges at the serpent-thing.
Brule's charge [1d20+4] = 15+4 = 19, damage [1d8+1] = 8+1 = 9 His blade bites deep into the thing's neck and a gout of black-green blood comes out in great pulses -- it looks greivously wounded.

Marcán swings at the thing and chops at its badly damaged neck and cuts it cleanly through skin and bone. The creature's head falls to the dressed stone and the body slumps to the floor twitching convulsively.

"I've got even more blood all over my clothes now. The good thing is you guys got me out of that passage just in time. I wouldn't have made it out otherwise."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"The chanting stopped... Is all well or is Marcan dead?" Rhenmyr calls from the hall

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Aye, for now. Better take it easy Ker - Yeah we're fine Rhenmyr!" Marcán shouts as he interrupts himself.

L'ennui

Magister
Urash walks up to Borric and inspects the wound caused by his dart.

A look of shame comes over him, though he does manage to look Borric in the eyes as he mumbles:

"I... uh... I was trying to... well... you have my apologies, sir."

After a brief checking in with the more grievously wounded Cormac and Ker, Urash goes back to the corpse of the snake-thing and pokes it a few times with his staff, for good measure.

"Bet there's still some good venom in there... I wouldn't know how to extract it safely, though."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Hearing Marcan's reply, Rhenmyr rejoins the others. "We've got two stairways down, monsters in at least one of them, and a chamber...." He trails off as he enters the room and sees the fallen creature and the injuries it inflicted. "Damn! That nasty thing was in the crawl-way? Did you find anything useful before you were set upon, Cormac?" Rhenmyr goes to inspect the fallen snake monster.
Would Rhenmyr have enough experience with jungle snakes to safely extract any venom?

"The passage goes forward a ways, then takes a right turn and the passage goes from dirt and all of the roots to stone. There was a vent above me in the passage where this thing came out above me. With this thing dead, I wonder if it is safe to travel the passage again?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Hearing Marcan's reply, Rhenmyr rejoins the others. "We've got two stairways down, monsters in at least one of them, and a chamber...." He trails off as he enters the room and sees the fallen creature and the injuries it inflicted. "Damn! That nasty thing was in the crawl-way? Did you find anything useful before you were set upon, Cormac?" Rhenmyr goes to inspect the fallen snake monster.
Would Rhenmyr have enough experience with jungle snakes to safely extract any venom?

Rhenmyr would certainly have enough knowledge to identify which snakes are poisonous and some of the treatments for such poisons, but extracting snake venom would require an understanding of a creature's anatomy -- where the venom producing glands are located. Now this is where I get "gamey," poisons are the special province of Assassins and they are the class who knows how to safely handle and extract poisons from various creatures and plants. That said, there is nothing preventing Rhenmyr from trying . . .

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr would certainly have enough knowledge to identify which snakes are poisonous and some of the treatments for such poisons, but extracting snake venom would require an understanding of a creature's anatomy -- where the venom producing glands are located. Now this is where I get "gamey," poisons are the special province of Assassins and they are the class who knows how to safely handle and extract poisons from various creatures and plants. That said, there is nothing preventing Rhenmyr from trying . . .
[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. What kind of roll would we be looking at?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr looks around the room and sees Ker spitting up blood, Cormac's scratched state, and Borric's swollen arm, he thinks better of trying to harvest venom from the creature. While venom could be useful, it's just not worth the risk at this point.

"How should be proceed? Perhaps Cormac is right that with this creature dead the-crawl way is safe. And as I was saying, there are two stairways down and a chamber to the south (a gaping pit with a small ledge all the way around) with a passage on the far side. I'd be willing to chance the crawl if we decide we need to explore it."

Siveon

Bot
"Well, is anyone actually willing to go back in the crawl way? I don't think I can fit in there, and tell ye the truth, not exactly keen on sticking my nose into more snake monsters."

"I would assume the passage was specifically made for the snake monster. If that is so, and this tomb is really old, yet there is still a snake monster here, there are probably more."

L'ennui

Magister
"A sensible assumption... I can only speak for myself, but crawling in there seems as risky as ever.

I would suggest we move forward as a group instead of sending one man where only our prayers may help him... the Gods of these lands do not listen to prayer."

Siveon

Bot
"I agree with the mage, we should cover our tracks and check the rest of the cave out first. Preferably without small, cramped holes."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom