Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still away from net, situation to persist for a couple of days. nikolokolus mind rolling on my behalf?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Did Rhenmyr notice any place to place his torch while waiting? Any handy sconces or the like?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr puts his torch in the nearest bracket to free his hand for his shield. He then set his spear in preparation for the creature's approach.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The flickering torch casts its dim light about 30 feet into the corridor beyond the arch where Brule and Rhenmyr stand side-by-side with spears set and shields nearly overlapping. The two pairs of eyes suddenly stop bobbing and swaying and start to move erratically. This is accompanied by a hideous hissing noise and strange scuffing, shuffling sound. Moments later, shapes in the darkness resolve themselves -- vaguely human looking creatures with heavy, loose folds of skin that look like they could slough off at any time. Oozing pustules, cover their bare torsos and a trail of gore and blood drips to the dusty floor as they pick up speed and shamble to a full a charge.

Attacks:
Charging attack vs. Rhenmyr [1d20+4] = 2+4 = 6, damage [1d4+2] = 1+2 = 3

Charging attack vs. Brule [1d20+4] = 20+4 = 24, damage [1d4+2] = 4+2 = 6

The two abominations slam into the shield wall, (Rhenmyr and Brule can both get their attack off first. You get +2 to-hit and deal maximum damage. If you slay your opponent then you nullfy the attack before it occurs).

Brule's set spear attack [1d20+5] = 8+5 = 13 damage: 7

The thing attacking Brule takes a nasty skewering attack through its torso, but does not fall.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Brule and Rhenmyr's shield wall holds and the two creatures stare with baleful, milky white eyes, hiss in frustration and disengage and pull back a pace.

From within the narrow tunnel that Cormac crawled into you all can clearly make out a scream of pain and Borric continues to try and haul on the rope tethered to Cormac.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Just waiting for Helly to post his turn.

From Urash's position, can he see or hear that Brule and Rhenmyr are under attack?
Definitely.

As for waiting for to post actions, don't worry too much about it, I can adjust things on the fly if needed

L'ennui

Magister
Resigned that he can do nothing more for Cormac at the moment, Urash will run over to see what is attacking Brule and Rhenmyr.

Staff in hand, he will take up position behind the duo.

Can a staff be used to attack from behind the shield wall? If not I will keep about 5 feet of distance with Brule and Rhenmyr. If the answer is yes, I will move closer so I can shove the monsters back with my staff if they come charging again. I don't necessarily expect the staff to do damage, but any hindrance would be good.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Resigned that he can do nothing more for Cormac at the moment, Urash will run over to see what is attacking Brule and Rhenmyr.

Staff in hand, he will take up position behind the duo.

Can a staff be used to attack from behind the shield wall? If not I will keep about 5 feet of distance with Brule and Rhenmyr. If the answer is yes, I will move closer so I can shove the monsters back with my staff if they come charging again. I don't necessarily expect the staff to do damage, but any hindrance would be good.

A staff generates most of it's killing power from being swung, but I can imagine the butt end of staff being thrust at my face would hurt plenty bad. So my ruling is that you can use it, but it will only do 1 point of damage (modified by STR bonus) if it strikes

nikolokolus

Arcane
With Borric and Ker lending their full force to the rope, the work proves light and Finally Cormac's feet emerge from the darkness frantically kicking hither and tither. Once completely pulled free of the chute, it's clear that his face has been horribly clawed at; blood streams from several nasty looking gashes and he looks like he's about ready to collapse.

A moment later, a horrid, flayed, vaguely man-looking creature with a serpentine torso and excessively long neck reveals itself and pauses at the mouth of the tunnel before fully emerging. Its vestigial arms drag uselessly beside an over long torso. Perched at the end of its three feet long neck is a vaguely humanoid head devoid of skin, covered in sticky looking blood, with a pair of very long viper's fangs. It surges out of the narrow passage with terrifying agility and coils its skinless body on the floor poised to strike.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Hearing Urash arrive Rhenmyr says, "There's another stairwell and a chamber with a pit to the south. Stay vigilant!"

nikolokolus

Arcane
A repeat of what I posted in the DCC-ASE game: haven't forgotten about this, but I do need to hit the pause button. I'm in the middle of crunch time on a project at work and it's taking up a lot of my time. We'll pick back up by the end of the week if that's OK.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom