Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Codex Scoop: Brian Fargo has trademarked cancelled time travel RPG Meantime...and also Van Buren?!

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Never mind that time travel is a shitty plot device.
Edgy!

Turns out time travel stories can also be really fun and interesting. It's the kind of idea that science fiction is for. If you prefer amazing stories like "What if cars could go 10MPH faster?", good for you I guess, but honestly science fiction just isn't for you.
Lol. You do realize that there's no really no scientific basis for time travel actually existing do you? It's really just a wish-fulfillment fantasy masquerading as science fiction. It's simply become considered science fiction because so many stories incorporate it as a plot element, but there hasn't ever been any real science behind it, and never will be.

Athelas

Arcane
Uhm, you are on a forum largely dedicated to the pursuit of LARPing role-playing as pointy-eared wizards and the like.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
Never mind that time travel is a shitty plot device.
Edgy!

Turns out time travel stories can also be really fun and interesting. It's the kind of idea that science fiction is for. If you prefer amazing stories like "What if cars could go 10MPH faster?", good for you I guess, but honestly science fiction just isn't for you.
Lol. You do realize that there's no really no scientific basis for time travel actually existing do you? It's really just a wish-fulfillment fantasy masquerading as science fiction. It's simply become considered science fiction because so many stories incorporate it as a plot element, but there hasn't ever been any real science behind it, and never will be.

Actually, time travels exist in science in theory. There are equations of space-time geometries that allows to travel in time, Lorentzian Wormholes, Close timeline curves etc. In theory it works, in reality will work if there is specific geometry and topology of universe (and also other stuff). You'd be suprise what you can find in the scientific journals. Also: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/time-travel-simulation-resolves-grandfather-paradox/

himmy

Arcane
De ce ar înregistra un nume de cod pentru un joc anulat și apoi lansat într-o variantă diferită? Poate pentru că Fargo vrea să îi facă un cadou lui Avellone.?

Translation:
Why would [they] register the codename for a cancelled game that was subsequently launched in a different version? Maybe because Fargo wants to give Avellone a present?

Not sure if this is gaming news or fan-fiction.

Duraframe300

Arcane
I'm excited for Meantime, but Van Buren sounds like more of a name based cashgrab than anything else.

Theres close to zero overlap between the teams and lots of design/narrative ideas were already used before, Doing something more original would be way better.

Pcgamer ends an article with:

In 2012, Fargo wrote, "I commend the sleuthing abilities of the Codex" in regard to its discovery of the Torment trademark filing; earlier this week, in response to the Meantime discovery, he tweeted, "The codex investigative unit strikes again."

Today after both finally crushing AngryJoe (this time for good) and being sourced all over the world RPGCodex went mainstream:P

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks

The applications were both filed by Roxy Friday LLC, a company previously linked to InXile Entertainment founder Brian Fargo, who also happened to be the head of Interplay during the development of Meantime and, presumably, at least some of Van Buren. Roxy Friday is also the company that filed for a Torment trademark in 2012, prior to the announcement of Torment: Tides of Numenera.
So in other words it couldn't even be Fargo.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, some other person must have decided out of the blue to trademark a bunch of obscure Interplay titles with the same company Fargo did two years ago

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And not just a "no interviews" blacklist but an "Obsidian, don't allow any of your employees to post at RPG Codex during the duration of your contract work on New Vegas" blacklist.
Really? I would love to see the source!
http://new.spring.me/#!/GZiets/q/324247055109221453
During development of Fallout New Vegas and its expansions (appx. 2009-2011), we were told that we could not post on the Codex. I remember that someone from the Codex asked me to contribute to a developer survey around the time they announced the policy, and I unfortunately had to turn them down.

After FNV and its expansions shipped, we were never specifically told that we could post again, but I think the restriction was removed.

kazgar

Arcane
Is RPGEndBoss butthurt because we've said RPGEndBoss once had inappropriate relations with a goat? Because that is what I heard.

That being said, after once hearing that RPGEndBoss has had inappropriate relations with a goat, I don't have proof of the event when RPGEndBoss had inappropriate relations with a goat. The fact of RPGEndBoss having inappropriate relations with a goat may just be hearsay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom