Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex FUMBBL league?

Now that we apparently have a plenty of Blood Bowl players, why not play on FUMBBL also? The pro's to Cyanide's version would be all teams (that is, Chaos Dwarf, Chaos Pact, Slann, Underworld teams added), better UI, better graphics, better ability to resume matches, and it's free. The cons would be that I suppose it's a bit harder to set up.

What do you say? Who's in?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
How easy is it to operate? Is it like Maptools or VASSAL where you have to input your own stats/rolls/etc or is it just a 2D and less buggy version of Cyanide's version?

Castanova

Prophet
It's basically just a 2D version of the game with no extra work involved, really. There's no reason to play the Cyanide version as far as I'm concerned, besides graphics whoring.

Castanova

Prophet
Be prepared for severe frustration when a tight 90-minute match comes down to a single 1d6 roll. Then, even if you're of strong enough mental fortitude to overcome this, be prepared to find out about overpowered skill combinations that make any other builds obsolete. Then again, if you don't mind losing a match because you failed a single 1d6, you probably won't care about efficient skill choices.

A Codex League would be fun, though, because most people don't know and/or don't care about exploiting optimal Chaos / Skaven builds.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I dunno, some of the guys in our Cyanide league are pretty hardcore. Or maybe I'm just that much of a newbie.

If it's no extra work I'll definitely try it. I am a graphics whore for the Cyanide version, but it doesn't necessarily justify the bugs and less-than-optimal UI... Shit, I usually end up alt-tabbing between turns anyway.

I'm up for a try when I come back in two weeks.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I won't have time to participate in two Codex leagues at the same time, but in case there's no fourth season in Cyanide Codex Blood Bowl League, or everybody decides to move to FUMBBL all of a sudden, count me in too.

DakaSha

Arcane
well now im being a faggot playing LoL but ive been u[p for a codex fumbbl league for months.. ill def get involved some time

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Why are we still talking about this? Set it up boss! Both Cyanide and FUMBBL have different issues and strengths, FUMBBL having the clear advantage when it comes to rules implementation.

The Codex needs a league in both!

I'm 100% game. Just tell me where to sign up!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
GarfunkeL said:
Where can I get the client for "fantasy football" or whatever it was?

You make an account on the site, create your team. When you click play, it'll automatically download the latest version of the client for you if you haven't already got it through the magic of Java.

I'm definately up for a KKKodex league on Fumbbl. It's been ages since last I played, so I'm pretty rusty. The group currently created seems to be closed for applcation though. Worst-case scenario, I don't mind setting up the league for us. In that case, I'd prefer to meet with a few of you over IRC or someshit first to discuss tournament format, rules regarding team creation etc.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Meeting up over IRC to structure tournament rules seems like a pretty good idea! I'd be up for that.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I'm interested, but I'm a total n00b at this. I know nothing about the rules and the like.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Gragt said:
I'm interested, but I'm a total n00b at this. I know nothing about the rules and the like.
I did follow the LP.

I thought you had to buy some sort of general "fantasy football client" which you could then use for free with Fumbbl.com - good thing I was wrong. Downloading now.

Cool, some people have joined!

Let's see, we have 11 coaches interested unless I'm a retard at counting. Sign up dudes :)

We could do round-robin or open round-robin mayb e? Or swiss? http://fumbbl.com/help:Tournament+Structure

Also, do you like the standard 4 minute time limit, it seems to work so that after that has passed, the opponent can begin his turn if he so pleases? I'd like to think we don't have those people on the codex who do 15 min turns just to piss of their opponents.

I don't much use irc and at these heats don't stay inside a lot anyway. Well we could meet on irc, um, some day? I have a pretty irregular week at best.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I was about to add my chaos dwarf team...

when I saw there were two already! Out of three team overall! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS :x

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom