Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CODEX BLOOD BOWLAN'time

stabby

Learned
Weekend is good. You bring the ball, I'll bring the lube :smug:

Hmmph. Me and the girls have taken it from Giant Lizards, Demons, Vamps & the Undead. I'm doubtful we'll be needing lube for whatever those Elves of yours are packing in yer trousers* :codexisfor:

Anyway I've added you on Steam, and am pretty free all weekend. Let me know what time's good for ya.

Also. going into the main reason for posting, is either of the Codex practice leagues still active? As much as I'm liking the fact my High Elves are getting a spectacular win/loss record, it'd be nice if it wasn't mainly due to rage quitting dwarves and/or other impatient randoms. (Will also ping Monsieur XenomorphII as I believe he started one of them)

[*Above comment inspired by Humppaleka's recent victory]

XenomorphII

Prophet
Mine sort of is. I check it from time to time, and we have 4 coaches and a few more teams then that. Not sure how often it gets used though, I've played one game on it since making it.

stabby

Learned
Hmm. Guess I'll have to track down a secondary league or something, really need to find more games against people who play til the end... or prep myself to get murdered in FUMBBL. *gulp*

Oh, and as I'm mildly high on Ice Cream and Cookie Dough at the moment, I've kind of had a thought on the Fresh/Powergamed Team debate y'all fall back into. As I stated above, I'm cool with the league setup as is, but I figure I'll just throw this in for the 'Something Different!' point that may or may not lead to a mutal agreement/compromise for everyone.

Here goes:

On a mutally agreed upon date, everyone starts a fresh team(s). Then for 1-2 weeks (or whatever is decided) everyone can build their team up to a decided upon TV limit (figure it could be 1500-1600 in this case) by playing ranked matches in the Auld World league. Then when the league is officially set to start, as long as a team can show that its total matches played adds up to the Win/Loss record in Auld World they can enter. Next season, rince & repeat while giving the option that teams can return as long as they play no more than 1 game between leagues (game for healing any MNG injurys a team may have finished with).

Hopefully that can quell any powergaming (or rather, the cries of Foul! against it), as everyone starts off on equal footing, and there's a risk/reward setup to leveling your team so everyone can go at it as they will. You can play up until you get as close to the TV limit and stop, or hire/sack players to build them just right with a few extra games, all the while Nuffle is standing by to potentially destroy your hard work right before the league starts (hence why I put an (s) on Team earlier, putting together a backup might be wise). I'd still put in some wiggle room here and there (exceptions if someone wants to play Halflings for instance), but as a whole this is what I was thinking.

Right away I believe it's definitely more work up front for whoever is running the league, and I find it does take away from the friendly nature of the league so I'd rather not have it happen. Then again, I may be multiboxing with my Halflings as we speak, so I might not be a trustworthy source in this regard.

:troll:

Me and stabby played. All in all? Pretty good game between two finesse teams
:thumbsup:

Deciding factor?
Starting the 2nd half, I score a Fractured Skull, Dead and a Badly Hurt on stabby's Line of Sacrifice.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Me and Menck played

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5ctdc43yvhgb0d/Replaymenckrox.db

Darth Roxor wins first half pretty neatly.

2nd half, Nuffle goes full nuclear winter on Darth Roxor's green arse.

Darth Roxor claims the honourable last place in the league. Laugh at him.

35480398.jpg

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Me and Shrek played
3-0 for the lizards. One saurus got mng, one beastman died on a gfi :troll: but was sadly apothed. Some skinklings rolled some injuries I don't care about.

grotsnik

Arcane
Argh, I know it's shit, but if Garm doesn't mind I'll concede to him and stop holding everyone else up.

stabby

Learned

grotsnik

Arcane
It's just a slightly awkward timezone - he doesn't seem to be around tonight, and the next couple of evenings I'll be moving, so it's probably better just to shamefully hari-kiri and then get on with things. Also, as hoverdog accurately surmised, it's probably my fault the match hasn't been already played...

Captain Shrek

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It's just a slightly awkward timezone - he doesn't seem to be around tonight, and the next couple of evenings I'll be moving, so it's probably better just to shamefully hari-kiri and then get on with things. Also, as hoverdog accurately surmised, it's probably my fault the match hasn't been already played...
I think you should have a talk with Garm first so you can be sure nothing can be arranged.

Garm

Learned
Well, I might be able to get the game with Grotty played today. I just sent him a message so it just boils down to him finding an hour or so to get on steam and send me a message saying to start the match. If he wants to concede that's fine too, although it would feel like a cheap win since I know the game would be a close one.

Garm

Learned
That was a pretty bloody match. Turn 1 Grotty killed my st4 thrower (who was on the line do to me moving a goblin by mistake...) but I apothed to MNG:roll:. I followed up by injuring about half his team and winning in 1-0--barely.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
What is going on?
Is the match day moved forward?
is hoverdog dead?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom