Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
So, anyone into modding CKII? I think the game needs the events to actually present the player with dilemmas or hard choices (with consequences of course :obviously: ). As I've said earlier, at the moment most events are pretty straightforward, which is sad. I'd happily do some tweaking to the event system, though modding it alone seems like a bad idea.

Quilty

Magister
I'm getting "game is up to date" from the launcher, and I can't find the direct link on that page you bros linked to. I know it says it's supposed to be in the support forum but I must be blind or something...

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
More events that read like a CYOA with hidden mechanics based on your character's stats would be amazing.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I'm getting "game is up to date" from the launcher, and I can't find the direct link on that page you bros linked to. I know it says it's supposed to be in the support forum but I must be blind or something...

Steam version? That one should update automatically through Steam. Took awhile but mine just did.

Quilty

Magister
No, I got mine from GamersGate, but there are no patches in my library...

Renegen

Arcane
Oh, and high ranking spymasters are overpowered, too. I have a 21 spymaster, assassination chance 45% with a discovery chance of 15%... silly.
How is that OP, seriously. I think your own intrigue stat determines who you can assassinate and ESPECIALLY the intrigue stat of your target.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Oh, and high ranking spymasters are overpowered, too. I have a 21 spymaster, assassination chance 45% with a discovery chance of 15%... silly.
How is that OP, seriously. I think your own intrigue stat determines who you can assassinate and ESPECIALLY the intrigue stat of your target.

It's pretty OP, I can kill off a dynasty every year. Since there is also no real penalities to assassinations you can easily depopulate the whole continent.

In fact, I just did that.

Quilty

Magister
Assassinations do need to have greater repercussions and should maybe even cost more (or have more requirements than just a bit of gold).

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Damn, it's hard to get inbreds. I embarked on a campaign of genetic warfare against the Mongolians, but to no end. Despite having a Khagan who was married to his half-sister, my operation was a complete failure. Well, at least I'm not on their menu and they're too busy fighting endless rebellions now.

Renegen

Arcane
Assassinations do need to have greater repercussions and should maybe even cost more (or have more requirements than just a bit of gold).
What I dont want is a game like Magna Mundi where you have 40 different spy missions but you never do them because some literally give you 20 BB and the chance to get caught is always 50% no matter how amazing you are.

If you want to be any good at assassinations in CK2, you have to invest in intrigue, and even then some characters have too much intrigue of their own to ever be worth the risk to kill them. I'm sure some other poster could post that the Diplomacy stat is OP because if you heavily focus your dynasty to be masters of diplomacy, you'll get +30 to everyone and no wars ever.

I don't mind the stats necessarily, but wiping out dynasties, claimants to the throne, and rival kings for 50 gold is too cheap. I'd be fine with a sliding scale (50 for Count, 125 for Duke, 250 for King and 25 for random courier or something). Politics were definitely bloody, and I don't want to change that, but it should be a little tough.

Or do away with the diplomatic option and make it entirely plot based... I'd be fine with that.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I am simply not using assassins to depopulate courts, kill off my wives and sometimes people from other kingdoms/my vassals. Nothing too serious.

But its a houserule of mine not to break the game too much. Not exploiting obvious bugs or imbalanced features. Currently I am struggling with the antipope - seems pretty fucking imbalanced to me.

Its not even LARP but I like some challenge in my games.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
My duke got imprisoned after trying to assassinate the king and getting caught. There's consequences to these assassinations and I think they're appropriate enough.

What is needed however is a short timer on assassination attempts so your target or his heir has an opportunity to react. As it is I can just spam the assassinate button until the target is dead. There's should also be a trait that increases intrigue after surviving an assassination attempt like in some of the Total War games that makes subsequent attempts much more difficult.

A trait... a failed assassination attempt with no obvious assassin: "So and So gets the trait Paranoid" - +5 intrigue, -3 Stewardship and Diplomacy

Obvious assassination gives them a CB against you and greatly increases disloyalty

And... successful assassination that's discovered gives all of their family a CB.

Luzur

Good Sir
I've been dealing with some BULLSHIT today. So in my game as the King of Sweden, I expanded a bit into Finland and everything was going fairly well. Then my first king dies. Oh well, he had a good run and lasted until 1096. Well, a civil war breaks out over the succession (not surprisingly) with the new King and the Duchy of Uppland. Well, I hadn't converted everyone to Christianity yet, so within the Duchy, most of it broke off and became an independent heathen Chiefdom. So I reconquer Uppland, and then Denmark and Norway declare war on the heathens and take the other two Duchies in the vicinity. It's 1124 and I just recently took the Danish holdings back, but man am I pissed! Getting ready for a war with Norway for the other holdings to reform Sweden, and then I have a clame on part of Denmark that I plan on taking advantage of, but shit man... this game can throw some curve balls at you.

Oh, and holy orders are WAY fucking powerful. All of my kings are pious as shit, so I just hire Holy orders to defeat heathen armies, disband them, and then Bob's your uncle.

that goddamn duke of Uppland i murdered the guys that held the title like five times and still a new one shows up and make shit fuck shit piss dammit

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea, Holy Orders are way too insane. I had a Holy Order of ~2,000 wipe out an army of 15,000. With river-crossing penalty.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
You guys are making me wet.

What about the first game? Is the second a significant step up or are they similar?

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Question 1: Is the patch compatible with the Skidrow version?

Question 2: Did anybody get a Shia Caliphate at the Middle-East? There's one built around Egypt and Levant, and large areas of Shia moslems in the Middle-East. What the fuck. Its a big super-state, appears to be originated from Egypt. Anybody has any idea of what the hell is that?

The Caliphate is roughly the equivalent of the Byzantine Empire for muslims. There is also a Sunni Caliph.

Question 1: Is the patch compatible with the Skidrow version?

Question 2: Did anybody get a Shia Caliphate at the Middle-East? There's one built around Egypt and Levant, and large areas of Shia moslems in the Middle-East. What the fuck. Its a big super-state, appears to be originated from Egypt. Anybody has any idea of what the hell is that?

The Caliphate is roughly the equivalent of the Byzantine Empire for muslims. There is also a Sunni Caliph.

That was... meh, whatever. Love ya Pdox!

Renegen

Arcane
That's funny, I thought they were going to do gluttony as their last one. Interesting video because of course the point of these 7 deadly sins videos was to weigh heavy on the heart and convince anyone on the sidelines to pre-order / buy the game. This one is as obvious as they come, pirates hiding in your caves, come out in the open and enjoy the multiplayer and DLC in full glory!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom