Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Time for someone to whip a quick nickname mod that requires a skull trophy. FOOKIN' LEGEND of province of birth or whatever.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
index.php

I always wanted to become a FOOKIN' LEGEND. Wonder if that stacks if you have an entire pile, maybe enough to build your skull throne even?

:bro:

Starwars

Arcane
So what mods do people like for this crazy game? Any good stuff that adds on to the main game/fixes problems? Not interested in overhauls ala Game of Thrones mod or whatever.

Atomkilla

Arcane
For those interested, there's a Paradox sale on their website during the weekend. Lots of stuff up to -75%.

Yeah, it's HIP and CK2+ pretty much, though these days both have a lot of similar features.

Of course, I still can't play without fixing a shitload of stuff that none bothered to fix yet. Like, I was hoping that the latest HIP did something about daughters eloping with wildly inappropriate mercs as something about that was in the change log, but it doesn't look like it. The second time the same daughter escaped with a 60-year old ugly incapable infidel that she hates even with the lover bonus and that was never even employed by me I snapped and put in a basic check for her opinion (which of course the event doesn't bother to look at) to make sure she is at least neutral to him before it fires.

And then there is ill-thought out stuff that modders put in themselves. Note to whoever did the last changes to HIP in regards to female rulers using seduction - having pregnancy block seduction is a good idea, if it does so once it becomes known. Not if it prevents you from using seduction because your ruler got pregnant yesterday.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
:what::what:

CK2 Dev Diary #17: Crusader Cats

Hello everyone! I’m Virvatuli, one of the Content Designers on The Reaper’s Due, which also happens to be my very first project here at Paradox. It’s been so much fun working on this DLC and I hope you’ll have even more fun playing it! In this week’s DD (another first for me), I will reveal one of Reaper’s most important features. Oh, okay, it might not be that important, but at least it’s my personal favourite and pet project. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you cats.

For the longest time, there’s been a issue regarding the representation of pets in Crusader Kings 2. In the realm of companion animals, there has been a worrisome lack of diversity. Most of you who play Way of Life have probably had a loyal hunting dog, there have been some events regarding birds of prey, and a lucky few Conclave players might have encountered a tiny rodent friend. Sadly, that has been pretty much it on the pet front. To rectify this serious problem we’ve added some additional furry and feathered friends in The Reaper’s Due. As we did, of course we couldn’t leave out the best animal of them all: our Feline Overlords, Befurred Ninjas, Gods of the Internet.

In the new DLC you can befriend a cat in a number of ways. However, as any Dwarf Fortress player or real-life cat lover knows, you do not adopt a cat. A cat adopts you. Once your feline friend has decided that you’re the one and only slave for it, you will receive a fancy “Pet Cat” character modifier (unless you scare it away, you horrible person). It will give your character +1 health, as the cat brings you so much happiness, and +1 intrigue, because we all know that cat owners are a bit more clever than everyone else (hey, it’s science!).

index.php

However, most things can become troublesome in excess, even your love for felines. In every cat owner’s life there comes a time when you ask yourself if you shouldn’t get just one more. At some point, the answer is probably no, at least if you don’t want to scare off all of your friends and repulse the courtiers.

index.php

Unless you want to become even sneakier, that is. Then go ahead and become a Crazy Cat Lady, or a Crazy Cat Lord, if that’s how you identify.

At first thought, one might think that cats would be a very insignificant aspect of a medieval ruler’s life, however, when the Plague comes around to visit this changes drastically. Most of you probably know that the Black Death was likely spread by fleas on rats. Sadly this fact is unknown to ye olde peasant, and when people start to die, some of them might point fingers to our furry protectors. Believe it or not, there are some people who do not like cats. It’s crazy, I know, but trust me on this. How will you deal with their growing fears? Do remember, if you don’t have cats, you’ll have plenty of rats…

index.php

This sneak peak of cats is all you’ll get for now. Don’t worry though, The Reaper’s Due is out on the 25th of August and then you can experience cats for yourself in all their whiskered glory. Next week Darkrenown will talk about more assorted features. Now I need to get back to scripting, there’re still some cat-related subjects which need further exploration… Adieu!

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-17-crusader-cats.960813/

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Oh come on. Just hurry up with the patch that lets us disable all the crap you added last time and stop pussyfooting about. Adding cats is a nice bit of flavour, nothing more. Before, I only ever bothered to raise a dog because it was a good way of getting rid of the Stressed trait eventually. Hopefully they won't overdo it so that suddenly half of all the characters own dozens of cats.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Oh come on. Just hurry up with the patch that lets us disable all the crap you added last time and stop pussyfooting about. Adding cats is a nice bit of flavour, nothing more. Before, I only ever bothered to raise a dog because it was a good way of getting rid of the Stressed trait eventually. Hopefully they won't overdo it so that suddenly half of all the characters own dozens of cats.
I raised dogs on the off chance my dude goes insane, the dog dies, and I get to build a pyramid for the late beloved dog.

vmar

Savant
Is CK2 worth buying with only the Republic and Old Gods dlc? I'm mainly interested in playing as Pagans and Europeans, and I've been wanting to play this game really bad, don't know if I can wait for a Steam sale. I've got a little cash in my Steam wallet so I could get the game and those dlc for like $50.

Fell in love with EU4 recently, but the timeline of CK2 interests me a lot more.

edit: Not sure if Republic or Legacy of Rome is the one that adds more content to the Europeans, I'll have to look it up, can't remember what I read about it

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The game & many DLC are 70% off at GamesPlanet.
(Also the CK2 Collection with most of the DLC up to India)

How messed is ASOIAF/GOT in the latest builds? Considering that I only play as a reaver building a diverse harem of salt wifes and stealing every dynastic valyrian sword.

Barbarian

Arcane
So much shit to fix and the swedes release a dlc about executions and disease, with crappy micromanagement baloney such as court physicians and pet cats(!). I check the news for this from time to time with some vague hope but I guess I will only replay this years from now when modders make it into something enjoyable.

Also, china confirmed for the future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom