Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bugs and issues (spoilers)

kryminator

Augur
Imperial Guard Teron (Kingslayer) seems to be somewhat bugged:
1. If you use map to go to Blacksmith, it either keeps you in the same place or you get teleported elsewhere.
I think, it is not only IG. It looks like Teron blacksmith teleport does not work at all when You visit Teron second time (go there form Maadoran for example).

agris

Arcane
Patron
Elhoim

Some Typos/grammar:

When confronted by the elder after emerging from the Vault in the Mountain Monastery, the player's dialogue options frequently say "don't" instead of doesn't / haven't. If you need the specific instances, I can find them.

In the Library of Saross, after powering up the generator and entering the floating cuniform tablet room, one of description texts states "They warm against following in the footsteps of those who had written the message [...]" when it should be warn, no warm.

Lexxx20

Learned
I don't know if it's working as intended but Aurelian sappers can open the door in the Hangar even if you fail to open it previously and tunnel collapsed. After persuading them to open the door you have it unlocked, but tunnel is still crumbled yet you can still pass to the flying fortress and console through it with no problems.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Sooooo at the end of the IG questline

I got rid of Meru, went to Alderaan to report to Paullus and he says 'MERU WAS LOOKING FOR AN ANCIENT LOST TEMPLE, GO FIND IT' (updated my journal, find the temple of thoragoth)

uhm but meru wasnt looking for the temple of thoragoth, in fact he wasnt looking for any temple (other than al-akia, which he found and everyone knows about that)

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Vault Dweller
When you follow the quest for the ziggurat, gaelius calls you to him and tells you to stop searching for the temple (and meru does the same if you tell him about it). I can sorta accept that they don't just kill you outright (although it would seem in character for Gaelius), but why don't they AT LEAST confiscate/burn the map? I mean neither of them want you to find the place, and if Gaelius is willing to start a war over Al akia surely he is willing to kill some loser nobody over the ziggurat?

mushaden

Scholar
don't know if it's been mentioned, but when I go to take the gold from Levir as an assassin and I get a critical strike/dexterity check to deal with his guards, it says critical strike in green, but dexterity failure when my dex is 10! I don't get it???

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
don't know if it's been mentioned, but when I go to take the gold from Levir as an assassin and I get a critical strike/dexterity check to deal with his guards, it says critical strike in green, but dexterity failure when my dex is 10! I don't get it???
Yeah it's a bug, your critical strike is too low, but it shows the wrong thing as failed.

kryminator

Augur
Something seems to be terribly wrong with AG line in Teron. Second quest. I shot Dias saving Carrinas life and after that I went back to guild and used CS on Neleos/Fulvio killing them. Next, the fight with Coltan and Agatai (or whatever that guy is called) started. And after I killed them both the fight is still ongoing. It does not want to end even if there is no one to be killed. Am I doing something wrong?

Is it known bug? Maybe I am retarded or sth and I don't get something. Anyone else stumbled upon such problem?

This fight (4 bodies, no one to fight with and can't end):
ndJTFlg.jpg

EDIT: Ok, I loaded save before starting AG2 quest instead of fight autosave and all is good now. I don't know what caused that problem but every time (4 times to be exact) when I loaded fight autosave and won that fight with Agatai and Coltan the fight turned out to be neverending.

Last edited:

anus_pounder

Arcane
In Kemnebi's quest, he got killed. After the fight finished, I quicksaved and reloaded. Even though he was dead I got the usual dialogue as if he was still alive.

Edit: The camera bug in Abukar's tower that has been mentioned before, here's how to repro: enter merchant district from the arena; do not move the camera (you can zoom out); go to the tower and climb the stairs; camera moves to the map's edge; workaround: center back on character.

O_o

Damn, I'm guessing this isn't too common? From what I've seen - admittedly as a combat character - your side pretty much always wins the fight, give or take some casualties.

Saduj

Arcane
EDIT: Ok, I loaded save before starting AG2 quest instead of fight autosave and all is good now. I don't know what caused that problem but every time (4 times to be exact) when I loaded fight autosave and won that fight with Agatai and Coltan the fight turned out to be neverending.

Same exact thing happened to me. Resolved same way. For whatever reason, that fight bugs the autosave.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Vault Dweller Elhoim

Playing as a Drifter who is kinda playing the MG questline. I've befriended Maru, convinced Varro to outsource the killing of Faelan (at the behest of Athanasius) and secured Paullus to break to the siege for Maru, while destroying Al Akia in the process. Immediately after the breaking of the siege, I noticed a few inconsistencies. 1) Athanasius is declared the Second Acolyte, but Brother Marcus still talks as if he's the second acolyte and 2) Athanasius complains about Faelan being a thorn in his side after the siege is broken, despite me talking to Varro about killing Faelan before recruiting Paullus. Now, post-siege, Faelan is missing from the side of Meru, presumed dead. Athanasius shouldn't be complaining about him after the siege is broken, he's dead.

Saduj

Arcane
Before the "protect Strabos" IG, quest it is mentioned that all the other conspirators are dead and I could have sworn that it specifically said Senna is dead. But after I let Hamza kill Strabos, I was invited to talk to Gaelius and sent to Harran's pass. When leaving the palace, I was still pulled aside to go meet with Senna.

I don't have a save file where I can go back and confirm so I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure this is the case. Would be easy to fix by just taking Senna's name out of the run up to the "protect Strabos" quest.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Didnt read all 8 pages but...

If you pilot the airship after Meru dies and dock it in the airport the Second Disciple appears and thanks you for your gift like if nothing has happened.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Encountered some bugs:

- First repaired the ship and landed in Ganezzar trying to break the siege. Meru "sends" for Legatus of the siege army and i can choose to "go speak to Legatus". But i cannot find him anywhere. Quest log says "Taking Ganezzar : report to Gaelius".
- Next i am off to Dead River and [success] through the bridge repair dialog, but there no cut scene, just "Leave." Outside there is no bridge either.

I arrived as Aurelian Praetor.

kryminator

Augur
I dont know if someone already pointed this but Knockdown on Quantari War Club does not work at all. It just burns your AP.

Arch-Vile

Learned
I found a bug(?) at the end of Amerius quest. If you tell him that you'll be working for Valla, he'll disappear but then, if you betray Valla to keep the armor, the journal will tell you to talk to Amerius, who is nowhere to be seen, making the quest impossible to finish:

15n55aw.jpg

agris

Arcane
Patron
Encountered some bugs:

- First repaired the ship and landed in Ganezzar trying to break the siege. Meru "sends" for Legatus of the siege army and i can choose to "go speak to Legatus". But i cannot find him anywhere. Quest log says "Taking Ganezzar : report to Gaelius".
- Next i am off to Dead River and [success] through the bridge repair dialog, but there no cut scene, just "Leave." Outside there is no bridge either.

I arrived as Aurelian Praetor.
Regarding the bridge, you can succeed at all the skill checks and still not enable the bridge. You need a gem from Feng or someplace else.

Apparently Vault Dweller thinks the 'success' text makes it clear that you're lacking a part, but I don't think it does. I had to go online to figure out wtf was going on with it.

Lexxx20

Learned
Any news on 20 Death Screens achievement not working, Vince? That's the only one left for me and I totally had 20 different screens across my ~10 playthroughs.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Any news on 20 Death Screens achievement not working, Vince? That's the only one left for me and I totally had 20 different screens across my ~10 playthroughs.
It's supposed to be with one character :)

Lexxx20

Learned
It's supposed to be with one character :)
Yeah, that's not stated anywhere nor confirmed by Devs. AFAIK, it was stated as a bug at some stage, but not mentioned ever since.

That restriction is stated in 'kill 100 people' (Kill a hundred people in the course of one game) but not stated in that one (Read at least 20 different Death Screens to become intimately familiar with the afterlife), so I guess you're wrong.

Besides, how do you think game will record that? Once you die you should reload, are you sure game will add this one to some counter prior to reloading of after it?.. What if I switch characters after each death?

I don't think it works that way. Any way, people on Steam boards have done several runs with 1 characters with 20+ Death Screens and still don't get this achievement, so it's bugged either way.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, that's not stated anywhere nor confirmed by Devs. AFAIK, it was stated as a bug at some stage, but not mentioned ever since.
Oscardemon said:
- Changed Death Hold No Secrets achievement to 20 screens with 1 character.
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php?topic=2481.0;all

How about you're full of shit? :D

Any way, people on Steam boards have done several runs with 1 characters with 20+ Death Screens and still don't get this achievement, so it's bugged either way.
There are also 0.1% of people who got this achievement, so it cannot be impossible to achieve.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom