Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bugs and issues (spoilers)

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Regarding the Arch:

I passed the streetwise and intelligence checks with an assassin to receive Al-Akia coordinates from the creature but it doesn't show on the map afterwards.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Had trouble setting up Liquid Fire tiles on various bridges - it just doesn't work. The bridge leading to exit elevator in Hellgate, ok, it has like holes in it, but also same problem on bridge in Monastery.

Mozg

Arcane
That's by design, apparently. Unless you're with the right faction, the arch is just a loredump.

What's the faction that gets something useful out of Al-Akia?

It's so cool to be useless (and for the eye/hand/aegis to be effectively useless). Esbenus getting disgusted with you and reality in general for throwing his slaves in is amazing.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What's the faction that gets something useful out of Al-Akia?

It's so cool to be useless (and for the eye/hand/aegis to be effectively useless). Esbenus getting disgusted with you and reality in general for throwing his slaves in is amazing.
I've heard, but haven't actually seen it, that in some playthrough Meru hasn't found Al-Akia yet so you get a quest to find it. Presumably once you get the coordinates you then can go to him with them.

Shadenuat

Arcane
During my 6 or so playthroughs Meru always taken me to secret chamber and then to expedition to Al-Akia, later for the ritual.
The place of Arch (and hangar with flying ship) in the story structure of the game remains a total mystery to me.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I did aemola's quest by defeating the raiders in his house. Sadly, he didn't live through the fight. I assume the raider leader took his gold (since he had 1500+ imperials), but the quest is still on my journal. Is there more to it, or is it a bug?

Also, this happened on both my playtroughs.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Didn't notice this thread, here are the bugs I've found in the latest BMT build:

Aemolas village: You can't start the awesome sniping sequence because the game doesn't seem to recognise that you carry scooped crossbows (had two kinds from the Maadoran shop and still couldn't get it to start).

AG: If you betray your guild to save Carrinas, the combat in the guildhall never ends even after Coltan and the Ordu dude are dead.

IG: If you nuke Maadoran you get locked out of the questline, can't talk to Antidas/Carrinas (if Kingmaker) and get bugged endings. Also, as Kingmaker, if you helped Daratan take over the mine the new guards won't let you in. Since you're on the same side, they should.

General: Sometimes whirlwind attacks break the game, seems to be related to elevation (one target standing on slightly higher ground).

Also some minor issues:

Arch: If you enter the arch with the Aegis armour and make it back, Esbenus reacts like he did when you first activated it ("if House Aurelian gets wind of this..."). These lines also play even if you wiped out Maadoran. Not sure what happens with the Oracle.

IG Teron: If you return to Teron after the IG has taken over and shop at the Commercium general trader, you get teleported to the inn after concluding your business. At the inn, you can still ask the innkeeper about Antidas, and he responds as if he was still alive (same dialogue from original Teron). Also, Feng is still in his house even if you killed Antidas, when he should've moved on to Ganezzar.

Edit: Also very minor thing that's still in from the beta days, the Teron bandits are said to ready their crossbows when you approach their camp, but they only have regular bows.

Last edited:

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
6 pages is too many to trawl through so too bad if it's posted already.

When I trip the trap in the mines after examining the machines it says I get hit with a crossbow bolt etc, RIP.
Then it goes back to the title screen, but you can't click on anything to reload or start a new game or even exit.
A powerful trap...

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just finished my Praetor who gone for Aurelians in second city... Convinced Gaelus to Kill the Guards managed to kill both guards and most of Ordu in the siege got told will be promoted to Praetorian Guard Prefect after Destroying temple... only to have screen telling me I got demoted to Centurion who can be great Commander later.... Is this a bug Or should I not try to backstab Paulinas?

Last edited:

Johannes

Arcane
Waking up Aza-whatever as a guildless bum: When it asks you to pick a leader for humanity, and you're not aligned to anyone in any way, the game just bugs out. When you step on the elevator which would normally bring the list of names to choose from, you just get a black screen for a moment then you're back standing on the elevator, and can't get anywhere from the room.

Also the cartographer in Ganezzar always tells his story to you, game behaving as if you'd talked with Domitius, even if you haven't, I didn't ever talk to Antidas about the map either.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Additional bugs with the IG Kingmaker questline:

If you immediately go to Carrinas when Meru wants you to break the siege, the dialogue is the same as when you went to Paullus first. It is odd that you would know that Paullus wants to side with Gaelius before you even talked to him.

If you successfully convince Carrinas to break the siege, you cannot talk to him afterwards despite the journal saying you should report to him in the castle (he just says "State your business" and you have no dialogue options except to leave).

If you use Carrinas to break the siege, shouldn't Meru still want to go to Al-Akia? And shouldn't it be possible to tell Carrinas beforehand about the place and Meru's plan to bring back the gods? After the triumvirate slides there is no option anywhere to continue the Al-Akia questline, Meru only gives you the option to show him the map after which he asks you to find the temple.

If you do find the temple and leave it undisturbed, the ending slides show you moving on as a drifter even though you are a Crassus Templar.

Also some thoughts and questions:

When you convince Paullus to side with Meru rather than Gaelius, he sends you to fight the Aurelian legatus outside Ganezzar, just as you would if you were an assassin working for Varro. You get a CS check but no talky options. Not sure if this is intended or not, but it feels strange to have a forced fight against a bunch of soldiers in a path that only opens up to talkers in the first place.

As for the Kingmaker thing, did I miss something or is it completely pointless? I was looking forward to seeing something nice come out of it (the game definitely implies the possibility in the Teron ending slides) but I could never lobby for Antidas as the rightful Emperor or continue to work with Carrinas to put him on the throne.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Some Steam achievements seem to be bugged. So far I noticed I lack the Centurion achievement, despite having finished the IG questline (Legatus is working fine). "It's just business" is also missing for some reason.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Here's a bug for you: The demon in zamedi (and probably a few other 'monstrous creatures') will Freeze if you throw a fire vial at it. It doesn't get knockbacked, so it just stay in the fire, doing nothing. This gave me an easy kill of it by throwing fire -> move to diagonal space -> whack at it for 2 turns and then repeat.

Fire vials can be pretty wonky in general. It's not at all uncommon to see enemies moving 8 tiles (a full lap around the fire) when hit. I've even seen enemies stack up two on the same tile.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Please allow poisoning stacks of throwing weapons. As for now it only poisons 1 weapon from a stack - that which you hold in your hand, turning it into a a unique object inside inventory.

Merchant that usually greets you in Maadoran's market and talks 'bout Commercium and prices doesn't anymore.

Lamellar ordu helmet breaks character's head model, at least on femals with circlets.
Centurion & Praetorian helmet have same stats as Legionare but cost 1 iron more.

You know it would be nice if maybe tavern or base had a chest to put stuff in. Iron ingots and such. Just saying.

Last edited:

Johannes

Arcane
Please allow poisoning stacks of throwing weapons. As for now it only poisons 1 weapon from a stack - that which you hold in your hand, turning it into a a unique object inside inventory.

Merchant that usually greets you in Maadoran's market and talks 'bout Commercium and prices doesn't anymore.

Lamellar ordu helmet breaks character's head model, at least on femals with circlets.
Centurion & Praetorian helmet have same stats as Legionare but cost 1 iron more.

You know it would be nice if maybe tavern or base had a chest to put stuff in. Iron ingots and such. Just saying.
In my IG playthrough where Carrinas has your stuff sent to you, you can re-use the chest in the IG fort at will. Really missed this option with other kinds of characters. You can use the barrels in the Mining Outpost to store stuff, actually, but that takes some more loading and isn't available for all playthroughs either.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
If you finish the game with an Aurelian praetor that decided to kill Agathor for Baalzar, the ending slides are weird. You view the ending slide of a Grifter and the other one about Baalzar.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
In the Thieves guild quest line in Maadoran, when you meet the assassin Cyrus outside the palace you can proceed into the palace to reveal the plot, however when you walk back out Cyrus is still there.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Vault in Monastery has strange lighting. Light is only present when zoomed in and only at certain angle which makes exploring there hard. Otherwise it's pitch black. I first thought it was intentional, zoomed/rotated in in the right angle by accident and suddenly lamps on walls gave light.

Shadenuat

Arcane
If you kill first Thief ambush in first act of Maadoran in slums, later if you disagree to go with them when 2d or 3d guy comes to tavern keeper (one in green cloak?) you get into same ambush again - with corpses of dead guys you killed already lying around. Then quest ends.

Lel my 4 int 4 cha murderknife chick got demoted to centurion even if she never made a single political decision in her lifetime.

Last edited:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I haven't read the whole thread but.

In first Assassin quest, if you kill the mercenary, you get nothing from the chest, whereas if you persuade him and agree to split the loot, you will get a lot of valuables. There is nothing in the questline that suggest mercenary was hiding the loot, I assume the "thief" stole it but you get it if you talk with mercenary.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom