Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Borderlands 2 is a MASSIVE potato

I can't hear you over the sound of me shooting the ground with my shotgun and killing 3 enemies 100 feet away.

Also the -accuracy thing is not nearly as bad as it seems. You can still headshot with a high accuracy sniper rifle and -300% accuracy penalty pretty easy. Deathtrap is also surprisingly awesome.

Mechromancer is OP as soon as you get your first skill point, Gunzerker doesn't get his stuff till most of the way through your first playthrough. Gunzerker may be better at high levels but at that point it doesn't even matter because both are ridiculously OP.

aris

Arcane
http://mp1st.com/2012/10/11/borderl...ates-booty-dlc-officially-announced-and-dated

Looks damn good! Think I'm getting the season pass after all. I especially like the fact that they add more end-game content, which is kind of lacking right now.

And multiheaded cow: That is pretty strange, I've played it for less than 40 hours, and for me, about 5 legendaries has dropped randomly: They can be very easy to miss though, I almost did it with two of them. I really think they should add some more visual cues to the legendaries, other than it's color which is slightly different from the color of money drops. Anyway, you can farm hunter hellquist have the "this just in!" quest, who can drop the bee, which is an insanely powerful shield. And if you are powerful enough, you can take on morphous the invincible, who always drops one extremely powerful legendary, and a bunch of blue and purples.

Multi-headed Cow

Well of course. They've got skins and heads in the game now, they can sell hat packs!

aris

Arcane
If Sir. Gaben is selling hat packs, then it means that it is the right thing to do, ethical, and that everyone should do it!

I'm getting the season pass though, as it states very clearly that it entails four DLCs at 10$ each, so there's not trickery here.

aris

Arcane
I can't hear you over the sound of me shooting the ground with my shotgun and killing 3 enemies 100 feet away.

Also the -accuracy thing is not nearly as bad as it seems. You can still headshot with a high accuracy sniper rifle and -300% accuracy penalty pretty easy. Deathtrap is also surprisingly awesome.

Mechromancer is OP as soon as you get your first skill point, Gunzerker doesn't get his stuff till most of the way through your first playthrough. Gunzerker may be better at high levels but at that point it doesn't even matter because both are ridiculously OP.
I've been playing Mechromancer too lately, and it is extremely fun, after having gotten my gunzerker to lvl 50. I'm currently going for a build, using all three trees, getting all deathtrap abilities and the copy of shield enchancement (extremely powerful if you wear a raid shield, or flame of the firehawk), excluding the one two-boom ability. This also naturally means that I'm going for anarchy+close enough, which gives me a potential enormous damage buff, even when missing. (with a damage buff of 300*1,75, which means that bullets do approximately 6 times the damage, even the bullet that misses, does on average 150% of gun damage if it just hits some hard object). Considering that I miss quite a lot, due to that I'm not very skilled at aiming, and that A.I is pretty good at moving the mobs in eratic and non-predictable ways, I think my damage output should be much more awesome. Also: close enough makes shotguns very useful even at medium range.

Use explosive shotguns. Shots that miss slightly still deal the (increased) AoE damage, and then have a chance to bounce from close enough.

it's possible to have upwards of 600 anarchy (11.5x damage) with the right class mods. It's glorious but painful to grind that up every time you play. 150ish Anarchy or so is the sweet spot if you want to still score headshots without spray and pray, so I stop there. Anarchy stacks multiplicatively with critical hit bonuses to let snipers one shot everything, and other guns aren't much worse off.

Multi-headed Cow

Just hit level 50 tonight. Gonna have to try fighting the "Raid boss" in the base game with my bro tomorrow. The boss seems a hell of a lot weaker than Crawmerax so we might be able to do it, kinda looking forward to trying.

aris

Arcane
There's a lot of exploits that hasn't been fixed yet. you can hide behind some rock-formation near the entrance, which makes you practically invincible. And with the conference call + the bee, you can take him down extremely fast on full shield.

This evening I will finally have time to try out the new DLC! Looking forward to it!

Gerrard

Arcane
The DLC is shovelware in purest form, pretty much exactly the same as the Zombie one for the first game, except they added some retarded MMO mechanics where you can only fight bosses once per day, and have to grind for 2 weeks in order to buy one of the special weapons with crystals dropped by one of the bosses.

tl;dr gerarbox went full jewretard

Unwanted

HardDeck

Dumbfuck!!
Mechromancer seems pretty OP compared to rest because if you will go in all three trees you can have 7 skills that require only 1 point to max out.

If you'd want to do the same with other classes you could have only 3 skills.

aris

Arcane
The DLC is shovelware in purest form, pretty much exactly the same as the Zombie one for the first game, except they added some retarded MMO mechanics where you can only fight bosses once per day, and have to grind for 2 weeks in order to buy one of the special weapons with crystals dropped by one of the bosses.

tl;dr gerarbox went full jewretard
The zombie DLC of borderlands 1, is actually to date, the best DLC I've ever played. So far I've only seen the intro, and it was disappointing that they went for the exact same gimmick here as the last time, and that it wasn't very funny. But if it keeps the same level of funnyness as the zombie-dlc, then I should be in for a treat. The core game sure delivered on the humor!

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Zombie dlc was funny in few places (dr Zed/Ned), but it was an OVERWHELMING SHIT AS FUCK in an every other aspect.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The zombie dlc was pretty damn good funny

Moxxi's and Knoxx were great, honestly I enjoyed them a lot more than I'm liking BL2.

Hopefully they'll get the old magic back with the expansions. (don't say a word Metro, train tickets etc.)

Since you invoked my opinion: all the Borderlands DLC was bad except for Knoxx which was actually a decent amount of content (albeit padded by driving). Never mind the first two came with SecuRom.

aris

Arcane
I tried to beat the first DLC-raid boss a couple of times, but he seems unbeatable single player, and this game has a really crappy online scene, where it seems like almost no-one plays online public. Any bros who want to gang up with me, and try to beat him? I have a dual-wielding shotgun gunzerker, who can dish out ridicilous amounts of damage point blank, however, I can't survive, because every time I fall, which I eventually do because of those insane rockets, It's impossible to get a second wind by killing something, as there isn't nothing there that you even have remotely the chance to kill before time runs out.

Multi-headed Cow

Killed the raid boss with buddybro. Dropped a lot of fuck-all but I got the siren orange class mod which unfortunately didn't seem all that amazing. Lots of +skills but they're early skills and not that great. We killed the boss in playthrough 1 since we haven't wrapped up playthrough 2's story yet and buddy seems to think that changes the loot but I was under the impression the boss is the same in either playthrough. Also finished up the pirate DLC which was pretty fun. Shooting lots of bandits in desert areas, sure, but has a few new enemy types (The cursed pirates and anchormen most notably) and the areas were pleasing to look at and entertaining to fight in. Not a bad chunk of DLC, probably not $10 good but $4 was ok.

Up to 60 hours played and still enjoying myself.

Brinko

Arcane
Been reading up on which characters do best solo and it seems that siren usually ranks lowest on the list. If that's the case which class would be better for doing solo playthroughs. So far Siren has done ok but not getting good class mod drops might be a big part of it.

Multi-headed Cow

From what I've seen either commando or gunzerker. Commando because turretbro is a good damage dealing distraction, gunzerker because they use two guns at once and never die. Only played a commando to around level 10 and teamed up with a gunzerker to 50 so this may not be accurate of course. Haven't even looked at mechromancer yet.

Also tried the first raid boss in the pirate DLC and we got our asses kicked badly. He's got some shield nonsense which blocks elemental damage dealing weapons on him and his robot pals, but it looked like if you change targets on the robots he can't maintain shields on everything so you'll whittle them down. That would be alright if not for a crazy burst attack he does that punches through most of my 60k+ shields and 60k+ health. Looks like no way to avoid it in the arena you fight him in, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom