Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodbowl Season 3

How should the new league look?

• Group by Timezone then have playoff like Season 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two divisions ranked by Team Value. (Not Skill)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Exmit

Scholar
hoverdog said:
I haven't heard from Exmit since matchday 9 started. He didn't leave any message here either, potato scum : x

lol sorry had no time , i can play on saturday and sunday, catch me on steam.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Moss said:
Who gets the 1 seed from our group? Did I have enough TD differential to hold on to it?

-M
from how it looks in the game, Mantiis gets the first place, so you'll probably play me (if I don't lose or win by 2 or more) or Exmit (unlikely :M )

tomorrow evening or on sunday, kartoflu :smug:

Moss

Educated
I guess we're looking at some hot Nurgle-on-Nurgle action then.

-M

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Played.

It was a tight match, full of suprises and heroic actions!
I kick. Exmit picks the ball up and moves most of the players into base contact. Ripper blitzes - skull/both down - he goes down. My turn - block with a pestigor: his AG4 blitzer goes DEAD. Thus, the tradition is maintained. I blitz the ballcarrier with Pete Molyneux, he farts and gets the ball. Exmit recovers it quickly. Not for long - his thrower leaves the pitch and the ball is thrown, unluckily, into my TD line. A race starts - who will be first to it! I dodge out and move my rotter as close as I can (without GFIs - which turned out to be a grave mistake). Exmit gfis with his other thrower and stands next to the ball on the TD line. Then, he manages to push a warrior with blitzing Ripper and then makes another two gfis to mark my rotter. I have a reroll left - I have to dodge out and blitz the orc - a pushback is all I need. However,
the Decline is strong in the rotter and he fails the dodge with a reroll. Exmit picks up the ball and scores. 1:0 in 8th turn
I try to thin Exmit's forces before the halftime break, but fail with the very first block - both down x2 on the only Warrior without block.

Second half. Peter picks up the ball. Priestly blitzes a thrower on the left handside, and KOs him. After some hand-to-hand fights, damned Priestly rolls double skulls, with my ballcarrier in a soft spot. Thankfully, he survives Exmit's turn. I mess up the positioning a bit then, Peter hides behind the beast, a warrior and a pestigor near the sideline. Exmit surrounds my position. I blitz out with Molyneux and am in a good position to score. Unfortunately I make a mistake using fat Chris and of course he becomes very stupid, freeing up two orcs. They blitz Peter, eventually getting the ball off-field. It lands near David Gaider, a warrior, on the other side of Exmit's half. He manages to pick up the ball and moves close to the TD line. Exmit's last ditch efforts to stop him
are in vain, Gaydar scores for a 1:1 last turn draw.

Overally, a fun game. Both TDs were made under some really ridiculous circumstances.
The result means I end in the fourth place in Group B. Thus I will be playing some drunken half-wit norsemen, the worst team since Mantiis stopped posting :smug: .

Mantiis

Cipher
The play offs have started! But before we get there he is the final ranking of all players in one table, note the green teams are in the play offs:
MinorRoundRankings.jpg

Interesting to note how tight the two groups were for different reasons.

And now the Hall of Fame:
HoF1.jpg

HoF2.jpg

HoF3.jpg

HoF4.jpg

HoF5.jpg

Note that the teams that were carried over show up more often than not as they carry over their stats. If you are in the list above and you have a new team you have bragging rights.

And now onto the play offs:
Matchups.jpg

Note that the game seeded the match ups the way we said we were going to do which I think is interesting.

The two groups now face off in an Old world Vs New World battle! WHO WILL COME OUT ON TOP?

ALSO NOTE: IF YOU LOSE YOU ARE OUT!!!!!

grotsnik

Arcane
Go Ted Heath!

Shuma, if you're around for my inevitable drubbing today or tomorrow, that'd be perfect - I'm going on holiday towards the end of this week so I won't be around for a while after that.

Let the rape commence :salute:

I'm good for whenever this week. Hate summer - nothing to do.

Still debating whether to get Frenzy, Mighty Blow or Dodge on that Beastman.

Exmit

Scholar
Check my fucking team value with whole team AV 9 , i have all the fucking rights for fucking bragging rights. :rpgcodex: :x : x

q7j7z.jpg

Yes i'm the one with 850 and 960 is an elf team

Moss

Educated
Grunker my man, what does your schedule look like? I have some early evenings free, almost any late evening will work fine for me, and this weekend could be good as well.

I'll probably be at work during your typical evening hours...

Also congrats to everyone on a great regular season!

-M

Moss

Educated
Exmit said:
Check my fucking team value with whole team AV 9 , i have all the fucking rights for fucking bragging rights.

Not hiring an apothecary isn't something to brag about :smug: :smug: :smug:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
@Moss: I'm free to play wednesday, all wednesday, if that suits you. I can play from around 12PM till 2AM GMT+1, if that time frame is something you can work with?

If not, friday might be our best shot?

Moss

Educated
hoverdog said:

Wow, thanks for posting. That was a seriously entertaining replay.

I feel like that turn 16 score is one of the more improbable TDs I've seen - it seemed like Exmit had Hover completely locked down every step of the way! Peter Molyneux kept getting surrounded by 3-4 Orcs, lol.

Pretty wild finish.

-M

Shuma

Scholar
grotsnik said:
Go Ted Heath!

Shuma, if you're around for my inevitable drubbing today or tomorrow, that'd be perfect - I'm going on holiday towards the end of this week so I won't be around for a while after that.

I'll be on 7 or 8 hours from now, just idling on steam, and then tomorrow afternoon. I don't know what time that is in potatoland or even if you are a resident. I'll send another message just in case when I log on tonight.

Mantiis

Cipher
grotsnik said:
Shuma said:
I don't know what time that is in potatoland or even if you are a resident.
:/
Typical Kwa - don't get too upset.

EDIT: I just figured it out - he is psyching you out man! DON"T PLAY INTO HIS HANDS! FUCK HIM UP WITH MR.BLOCK SKINK!

grotsnik

Arcane
We-ell, I was crushed. Once again the great lizards fail to out-survive small furry rodents. I blame evolution.

Thanks very much to Shuma and everyone else I played - it's been a good tournament, this 'un.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Me and Moss have finished, Moss will post the replay. Even if you don't normally watch replays, watch this one. It has triple skulls, overtime, and everything else befitting a quater-finals.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom