Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Turn off crap like motion blur and depth of field maybe,

Suprise ! There are no options for turning those on/off those in ME Andormeda :D

It's a frostbite engine game, isn't it? Maybe you can activate the console.

Ah right, that's another one of those things I got really tired of in the last decade. Having to hunt for all manner of settings in the .ini's just to make a game playable (mostly mouse stuff though, but sometimes graphical/memory shit as well).

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Suprise ! There are no options for turning those on/off those in ME Andormeda :D

Ah right, that's another one of those things I got really tired of in the last decade. Having to hunt for all manner of settings in the .ini's just to make a game playable (mostly mouse stuff though, but sometimes graphical/memory shit as well).
http://www.gamepur.com/guide/26134-mass-effect-andromeda-how-disable-motion-blur-improve-fps-pc.html

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
you can tell he's bending backwards not to say anything overtly negative about the game. Finally a reason to ignore TB from now on. Man loves his voice way too much to be worth listening to anymore.

Agree with you, don't watch his stuff as much as I used to, he's lost the passion for sure. But I find it hard to be mad at TB, until recently, he was the only YouTube critic (for years) that was objective across the board.

I've noticed ever since he's been terminally ill, he has become softer on a lot of things. He also admitted on a solo podcast that his liver has become "like Swiss cheese" and he's so cloudy from chemo that he needs to "down Adderall" just to sustain motivation. I'm no doctor, but I know once cancer spreads to the liver, your days are basically numbered :(

(And powerful stimulants like adderall don't just amplify awareness, but induce mild euphoria - so I'll give him a pass for "enjoying" tedious shite like this. He must be so fucking high lol)

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
you can tell he's bending backwards not to say anything overtly negative about the game. Finally a reason to ignore TB from now on. Man loves his voice way too much to be worth listening to anymore.

Agree with you, don't watch his stuff as much as I used to, he's lost the passion for sure.

He did and no wonder. It's a miracle he even keeps youtubing at all.

I stopped following him years ago but I'm not gonna shit on the man and not just because of his illness. I remember when everybody - and I mean EVERYBODY - was sucking Ken Levine's dick for Bioshit Infinite (best game ever, Citizen Kane of our age etc.) he straight up said game's banal boring shit and all the other critics fell on their heads. He earned my respect for that. He's a casual, probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer either but he's no sellout.

RK47's LP was such a good advertisement for the game, it convinced me to buy it... Then EA convinced me not to buy it. Maybe EA are secretly bros horrified at the reality of modern gaming and behave so weirdly in order to keep good people away and save them?

Anyway, I've bought everything I felt like buying ages ago.
More recently bought some jap stuff like Yoko Taros latest game even though the gameplay isn't my thing... Just to support a bro. But I'm out of stuff to play and I've sunk like 170 hours or whatever into battle brothers already.
Bought underrail even though I knew it wasn't really another fallout.

Not gonna buy any more kickstarter stuff though.

So what do you suggest?

Oh come on, so your only remaining option is to buy a shit SJW game?
There are THOUSANDS of games you know.
Here's what I'm playing or played recently (or not so recently):
- XCom with the Long War Mod (I have 240 hours on Steam...)
- Talisman Digital Edition
- Halfway (little TB game, well worth those 10$)
- Legend of Grimrock

If we must talk about "AAA" stuff:
- Skyrim with Requiem Overhaul
- Tomb Rider and Rise of the Tomb Rider (at least some care went into making these).
- Alien: Isolation (amazing game IMO).

I mean be a little creative, try new genres even... you don't need to give your money to SJW hacks.
Or, you know, read a book if games are boring you right now.

With books I don't even know where to start. Used to read all the time though. And besides, plenty of SJW bullshit going on there now as well. Is there a decent review site or something to start with? I've been away from fiction books for way too long.

I've got nuXcom (didn't care for the restrictive skill system and alien spawn behaviour etc, TFTD was the one I started with and still like the best due to the underwater atmosphere). Got all other xcom clones on steam as well.
Halfway I've also got, Grimrock as well, skyrim... Can't be bothered to reinstall and find all 5000000 mods I'd need to make it worthwhile... And make them work... nuTombraider's voice actress constant grunts and way of handling the dialogue and whatnot get on my nerves too much, no thanks. Never been a TB fan anyway.
Alien Isolation is ok but too much of a one-trick pony. It's no thief.
I'll check out Talisman I guess.

Seriously though, my games library is too damn large and I've just played anything I find remotely fun already. Mostly because it's somewhat rare for a genuinely decent game to come out these days and a lot of genres have sort of died off.

Depends what you are into with books, but tell me what sort of story you like and give my an idea of your favorite author and I'll give you a few recommendations as I read shit loads.

As for games you might want to try Sunless Sea which was the last I played on a free trail, it was pretty interesting. i wasn't so enthused about starting it up, but it's got some good mechanics and has choose your own adventure style writing and quests, it's worth a look anyway. Another rougelike which looks good, though I never played it is FTL.

I don't know if you tried out the Witcher games but they are all worth a pop, especially if they're on sale, the first is a bit of a slog before it becomes really interesting and they all have their own problems with the combat, but I think they are well worth playing.

Also have you played all the older games. How about adventure? You could try out the remasters of the Monkey Island games, Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango, if you never played those games you are really missing out, also the telltale Sam and Max is pretty decent, as is their Tales of Monkey Island to a lesser extent.

Divinity Original Sin is pretty interesting too.

I guess you could pick up most of those games (except Witcher 3 and D:OS) for less than 10 bucks each and they are all far more worth of your time and money than this abortion of a game at 60 bucks or 42bucks or whatever they reduced it to today.

donkeymong

Scholar
salaciousbcrumb

re: your wtf rating

I think ME1 does give you several achievements when it comes to romancing characters. I'm not 100% sure about the sequels, but if you wanted to 100% ME1 you had to romance straight people too (which was the criticism behind romance in MEA, that there was a straight romance and this made a faggot angry).
Nope, only one, Paramour. Ally achievements arent romance achievements.

Last edited:
Oh since I last posted about it the perverts over at the NU- Unofficial Bioware network have added another 7 pages to their romance thread, it now has 1099 pages, I'm going to have a look at what they've been up to, here's the link to the forums again if anyone wants to descend into madness...

http://bsn.boards.net/board/37/mass-effect-andromeda-spoilers-discussion

There is more than likely about three or four eyewatering mind bending posts per page, so make sure to roll a sanity check before you turn each page, stay away from sharp objects and have some reassuring token with you at all times, like a lucky goats foot or a jade figureine of a baboon, or some such.

I found the page just recently after morning the loss of the Bioware networks and looking at a google search for the game, which linked to a Kotaku article with the headline...

Underwhelming Gay Romance Options In Mass Effect: Andromeda Disappoint Many Fans

Kotaku and Biodrone priorities ladies and gentlemen:D

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Depends what you are into with books, but tell me what sort of story you like and give my an idea of your favorite author and I'll give you a few recommendations as I read shit loads.

As for games you might want to try Sunless Sea which was the last I played on a free trail, it was pretty interesting. i wasn't so enthused about starting it up, but it's got some good mechanics and has choose your own adventure style writing and quests, it's worth a look anyway. Another rougelike which looks good, though I never played it is FTL.

I don't know if you tried out the Witcher games but they are all worth a pop, especially if they're on sale, the first is a bit of a slog before it becomes really interesting and they all have their own problems with the combat, but I think they are well worth playing.

Also have you played all the older games. How about adventure? You could try out the remasters of the Monkey Island games, Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango, if you never played those games you are really missing out, also the telltale Sam and Max is pretty decent, as is their Tales of Monkey Island to a lesser extent.

I guess you could pick up most of those games (except Witcher 3 and D:OS) for less than 10 bucks each and they are all far more worth of your time and money than this abortion of a game at 60 bucks or 42bucks or whatever they reduced it to today.

Appreciate the effort man! But there is no joy to be found in the age of decline... Well, not enough joy anyway.

FTL was ok when it came out, but rather short. They've had some big content update since I last played it though, so if you want to check it out you'll likely get a more complete experience than I did.

Played all the Witcher games, and of course all the old stuff like Monkey Island and Grim Fandango way back when those originally came out along with pretty much all the other classics like JA2, BG2, PST, all the little German gems like Albion and Schleichfahrt (Archimedean Dynasty in english apparently) etc.

DOS2 early access I've got on steam because the codex was reasonably positive about the first... Is the original DOS better? If not then I'm not sure I really want to bother. Nice effort in some respects but not quite my cup of tea (yet?).

Books... Oof. Back when I still read a lot I wasn't too hard to please tbh. Richard Morgan's Altered Carbon and Woken Furies (iirc), the Dune prequels (the house trilogy, House Atreides, House Harkonnen, House Corinno, not the newer butler's jihad stuff), The parts of Discworld where Pratchett was still in decent health... Hell I even read all of the HP books, but don't tell anyone on the Codex or anything. Of course the author turned out to be completely unhinged now with all the SJW crap, christ... Also read pretty much all the popular ones from Lovecraft to Martin and all the sci-fi stuff like Armour as well of course.
It's mostly now that I'm out of touch with the newer stuff of the last 6-10 years maybe. Always lacked a good review site or other kind of filter anyway.

Last edited:

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Oh since I last posted about it the perverts over at the NU- Unofficial Bioware network have added another 7 pages to their romance thread, it now has 1099 pages, I'm going to have a look at what they've been up to, here's the link to the forums again if anyone wants to descend into madness...

There is more than likely about three or four eyewatering mind bending posts per page, so make sure to roll a sanity check before you turn each page, stay away from sharp objects and have some reassuring token with you at all times, like a lucky goats foot or a jade figureine of a baboon, or some such.

I found the page just recently after morning the loss of the Bioware networks and looking at a google search for the game, which linked to a Kotaku article with the headline...

Underwhelming Gay Romance Options In Mass Effect: Andromeda Disappoint Many Fans

Kotaku and Biodrone priorities ladies and gentlemen:D

That forum is just something else... And the weirdo active posters there are probably the entirety of the lgbtxajfalfaowf people who play mass effect anyway. Have fun catering to the most fucked up .3% of your audience Bioware... Eventually even the clueless casuals who have no idea about any of the controversies will tire of certain design decisions...

But man, you read gaming threads in forums unrelated to gaming per se and people there will even recommend NMS and Battlefront to each other with literally no mention of any issues. Provides an interesting insight into just how little reach the entire gaming press and youtubers really have. That's probably at least 70% or whatever of the sales of many of these disasters, non-gamer types who play occasionally and just don't know about all the crazy shit.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

http://www.gamepur.com/guide/26134-mass-effect-andromeda-how-disable-motion-blur-improve-fps-pc.html

Heh. Of course. Half the fun in buying a new game is knowing that your first action after the install should be a number of google searches along the lines of "gamename + mouse accel" or "gamename + fps limit" and whatnot. Good times.

Bit weird that they have plenty of options for graphical stuff in the menu according to TB, but they left out the ability to disable motion blur unless you tinker with the occult.

Here's some select quotes from page 1092-1099 of the Nu Bioware romance forum.

BE WARNED SEVERE SANITY RISK!!!

And if that DLC is successful, I don't want to risk seeing more LGBT content being handled this way. Being included only as an optional extra is not progressive or moving forward. It's a huge step backward for representation.

Personally, I'm not willing to be treated as invisible because it makes some people ~uncomfy~, or to take half ass-ed scraps as good enough anymore. Bioware has already failed when it comes to representation in this game, and a character's bisexuality only being visible in DLC that can just as easily be ignored isn't going to cut it (I'm talking specifically about making Jaal bi via DLC only here. I'd absolutely be on board for DLC with Gil and Reyes, especially if they are in prominent roles, or with bi Jaal being patched into the base game)

Can I just add my 2c here on patching Jaal in as bi - I'm mostly against it for 2 reasons.

Primarily, because it feels like being tossed a bone to be shut up and then just papering over the cracks (forgive my mixed metaphors). The damage has been done, and in my opinion they need to do better than this to make it right.

And also I'm not keen on the idea of 'sexuality on demand'. Once that can of worms is open it's hard to put the lid back on, and opens the issue up to abuse from the other side. Plus, I don't feel that it is respectful of bi identity to do this because it feels like bisexuality becomes some sort of 'easy fix'. It's heaping disrespect on top of disrespect.

It's completely shitty and Jaal should have just been bi from the start. But seeing as he is not, I don't feel that a bi patch is the right answer to this concern.

I do like the idea of DLC as long as it's free. It could appeal to all audiences if they put out a free DLC as an apology of sorts for the shortcomings of the release. They could take the opportunity to actually make an effort to address the mlm audience and try to make things better.

Sorry if this has already been said - I've been reading this thread for ages but it's hard to keep up. It's been really interesting to read everyone opinions and I'm happy to be further educated if you think I'm wrong (seriously, that's not sarcasm).

Biodrones demanding DLC to make an ugly ass giant blue bunny rabbit a homosexualist fuck option:D Jesus these people almost make me feel sorry for Bioware... Almost, as they opened this can of worms in the first place... Never ever appeal to or apologise to SJW's they just won't give up making demands. Just look at the outrage here... "I can't fuck a blue alien as a gayer. Bioware you need to do more to make this right, an apology isn't enough, you need to fucking grovel and give us a free dlc an animation of a guy buttfucking a giant blue bunny wabbit, you shitty shitlords and even then we'll still demand an apology over and over again."

It removes Agency from the player, so if you didn't romance anyone you ended up in bed with Javik (I'm even a fan of Javik but they should not have done this). Also the drunken/rape of James Vega. The DLC could have been so good if not for those two mistakes. I can't speak for Hanako but that's what most people find troubling.

ok she
Om0zCNbyUPgheKCQvugf.png
me. lol

I hate to ask as I didn't play ME3, but is this poster implying that having sex with someone who has had a drink rape?

My favorite romance ever was Anders, so I've been through worse battles and am ready to see us through this trying time as fan club president. lol

article-2595837-1CC431B400000578-926_634x459.jpg

I've said it before, but my only issue with Solas' romance was that I had to roll a lady Inquisitor to romance him. Still, I was mostly able to headcanon a trans guy Inquisitor even if the rest of the game misgendered me, there was nothing gendered about Solas' romance (seriously, it could so easily have been for a male Inquisitor too), so it played out pretty decently. Also male and female elves look very much alike, so i just put my character in the armor that was most boob-disguising, and gave them the most masculine hair/face I could manage with the CC and it wasn't too bad.

Was really hoping I wouldn't have to do that again in a Bioware game again tho. :/ It was serviceable, but certainly not ideal. And I couldn't play a bunch at once because the she/her pronouns from the rest of the game were... grating to say the least.
Took me a long time to finish that playthrough.

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear though, I adored Solas' romance, and for me it comes second only to Fenris (which gets a big bump up since I could romance him as a guy).

HOLY CHRIST!!!:lol:

I think it would be super interesting to explore this newly hinted at lore with regards to Asari gender. I'd love to hear a male identified Asari talk about how he came to the realization he was male, and what that means for him to be male in a species without sexual dimorphism. Would he still be perfectly comfortable in his body? Would meeting and interacting with bi-gendered aliens have changed his view of himself? Would he develop body dysphoria if he lived among (and became envious of the bodies of) human men? Or would he recognize that breasts and a thin waist didn't make him any less male? Who knows! We'd need to dig deeper into the lore and find out why the Asari all look like one gender, but have, apparently, multiple sets of pronouns. Is it like the Qun, where your gender is defined by your role in society and not your anatomy?

Basically the whole thing could be super interesting, but if there's one Bioware dev team I can't say I really trust to explore it well or respectfully, it's this one, sadly. :/
:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

1stPOSTER

dtf.ru/5481-sapozhnik-bez-sapog

its in russian, but damn even russian gaming community is surprised how bioware handled mlm ahaha comments are still negative though as usual
YQRGJSfUCiPUBkxIgOCU.png

1ST REPLY
im glad i can follow at least some russian communities that share my complaints
0hzgDNXUqi0JaeTZBhGA.png
Damn, that's a pretty good article. But, remembering all the homophobia on Russian bioware forums, I doubt many Russian bioware fans would care about the lack of m/m options...

2ND REPLY
yea, but at least the media doesnt seem as hostile about that topic as before, guess it can count as a bit of progress
0hzgDNXUqi0JaeTZBhGA.png

Any Russian bro's on here that can drop Vlad a line with a link to that Russian site...

article-1213807-0670F17F000005DC-606_634x486_popup.jpg

That was just a small flavor of the last seven pages of that thread. There's far more there, like an entire page dedicated to if the next DLC character should be Bi or Gayman only (It's not allowed to be Bi because women already have too many options and the drones can't accept a character is gay in their playthough unless the developers made them exclusively gay for everyone:retarded:)

Chris Priestly deserves a fucking medal pinning on his fat chest for dealing with these folks for all those years. Jesus no wonder he was so pissy and quick to ban people and new threads, if he had to deal with this all the time. He must be loving his job over at CDproject now all he has to deal with is Triss/Yen wars and arguments whether it's moral or ethical for Geralt to have sex with Ciri.

pippin

You are taking too much time into the ramblings of people whose sexual experience is reduced to watching characters rub each other in bioware games

Here's a handy guide that someone made to get the best optimisation and experience out of Mass Effect Andromeda...

https://www.digitalunite.com/guides/using-a-computer/how-turn-off-computer

Echo Mirage

Arcane

How telling that the most active thread on that forum is for poorly animated and poorly wrote pixels and how they rub together. While the second is for how to make those poorly animated pixels looks as appealing as possible. While the third is for datamining for more info about naked pixels. :lol:

Tick Tock Crocodile

It's weird to me how some folks want the characters molded into compatibility with their character, rather than the other way around. If I was playing through the game and decided I wanted to get with the blonde chick, only to find out she was straight, I'd make a guy character, because that's what she's into. Or I'd move the fuck on with my life if my character just *had* to be a direct extension of my real self and couldn't differ from me in any way.

To take this seriously for a second: how is patching the pink bunny to make him bi disrespectful to bisexuals and not also to straight folks? Stamping a big 'no' on his sexuality, saying it doesn't make sense, wanting it changed to something more palatable... doesn't this remind them of anything? :lol:

There's representation, and then there's what these people are after.

Appreciate the effort man! But there is no joy to be found in the age of decline... Well, not enough joy anyway.

FTL was ok when it came out, but rather short. They've had some big content update since I last played it though, so if you want to check it out you'll likely get a more complete experience than I did.

Played all the Witcher games, and of course all the old stuff like Monkey Island and Grim Fandango way back when those originally came out along with pretty much all the other classics like JA2, BG2, PST, all the little German gems like Albion and Schleichfahrt (Archimedean Dynasty in english apparently) etc.

DOS2 early access I've got on steam because the codex was reasonably positive about the first... Is the original DOS better? If not then I'm not sure I really want to bother. Nice effort in some respects but not quite my cup of tea (yet?).

Books... Oof. Back when I still read a lot I wasn't too hard to please tbh. Richard Morgan's Altered Carbon and Woken Furies (iirc), the Dune prequels (the house trilogy, House Atreides, House Harkonnen, House Corinno, not the newer butler's jihad stuff), The parts of Discworld where Pratchett was still in decent health... Hell I even read all of the HP books, but don't tell anyone on the Codex or anything. Of course the author turned out to be completely unhinged now with all the SJW crap, christ... Also read pretty much all the popular ones from Lovecraft to Martin and all the sci-fi stuff like Armour as well of course.
It's mostly now that I'm out of touch with the newer stuff of the last 6-10 years maybe. Always lacked a good review site or other kind of filter anyway.

On books if you like Sci-fi detective action stuff you should try The Demolished Man by Alfred Bester, it's 60 years old now, but full of interesting ideas, is brutal and moves at a breakneck pace, as does his other great book The Stars are My Destination.

I thought the Dune prequels were awful, if you haven't read the original 6 books by Frank Herbert you should give them a go. Some people don't like anything after the first book but I thought they all had good points.

My favorite Pratchett stories are the Sam Vimes Nightwatch ones. For other humorous books with good ideas try Douglas Adams or Robert Rankin (His best books are The Garden of Unearthly delights, Waiting for Godmolding and A Dog called Demolition) many of his latest books are kind of lazy, so I wouldn't start there. Saying that humor is subjective so you may either love this books or not enjoy them at all.

If you haven't read Fever Dream by Martin you should give that a go, also some good recent fantasy is the First law books, or Heros by Joe Abercrombie, or The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch.

There are also some hit and miss but interesting collections of short stories by different authors based on Lovecraft. Called Weird Shadows over Innsmouth, Weirder Shadows over Innsmouth and a few more which have all been recently published.

Anyway there is a reading thread on the Public Library under general discussion on the forum if your interested in ideas and suggestions.

As for games it seems you've played everything, so I'm out of ideas, maybe get an old emulator and play sensible soccer, cannon fodder, ski or die, bar games and Samantha Fox strip poker:D

It's weird to me how some folks want the characters molded into compatibility with their character, rather than the other way around. If I was playing through the game and decided I wanted to get with the blonde chick, only to find out she was straight, I'd make a guy character, because that's what she's into. Or I'd move the fuck on with my life if my character just *had* to be a direct extension of my real self and couldn't differ from me in any way.

To take this seriously for a second: how is patching the pink bunny to make him bi disrespectful to bisexuals and not also to straight folks? Stamping a big 'no' on his sexuality, saying it doesn't make sense, wanting it changed to something more palatable... doesn't this remind them of anything? :lol:

There's representation, and then there's what these people are after.

It seems as if they constantly badger the developers as well to include their own perversions. As I said I would feel sorry for them, but Bioware created and suckled this monster for progressive points and publicity, so they have to own this.

As Ezeekiel mentioned up the thread, this "community," of perverts, is but a handful of the people who play the game and they seem to be pandering to them, by including deviant crap which actually puts off more gamers. If I were at EA or Bioware now and was going to make another game I'd just nip this crap in the bud and make the game family friendly by scrapping the romances completely and including more collar grabbing space Indiana Jones action and I'd just tell the Biodrones to commission some eastern european SFW artist to make porn if they want it, with whoever or whatever the fuck they want, as it seems there all too happy to pay for more "romance," DLC.

EDIT also just to troll the Biodrones they should include a character creator that let's them play as any one of 49 genders, but they don't get to fuck anything, because any romance dialogue with the crew, leads to your crew members calling you unprofessional and filing a suit for sexual harassment. And if you try to romance anyone else they tell you to fuck off for being a weirdo creep and if you try to romance an alien they call you a disgusting pervert and report you to the authorities.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Sweet fucking hell, some of those Bioderp "designer", and I use that term loosely here, have eaten the SJWtard crap hook line and sinker:

The comment alone at 3:53
"The real terrorists are already on American soil and they are white"
makes my blood boil. Please :selfhate: some more, you fucking derptard.

Can you even classify this as retarded at this point or is he completely gone with no hope of saving his last few brain cells?

mastroego

Arcane
Sweet fucking hell, some of those Bioderp "designer", and I use that term loosely here, have eaten the SJWtard crap hook line and sinker:

The comment alone at 3:53
"The real terrorists are already on American soil and they are white"
Good luck selling the game to the "real terrorists" then.
I suggest them to release it on the ISIL controlled territories. I'm sure they'll get satisfactory sales there.

There's a thread on the Nu Bioware forum dedicated to writing open letters to Bioware petitioning for more buttsex:lol:

http://bsn.boards.net/thread/6157/open-letters-bioware-regarding-romances

Here's one of the shorter examples....

Dear BioWare:

You are leagues ahead of every other developer in your dedication to presenting under-represented groups (save The Sims franchise). You are also some of the most talented individuals whose work I have had the pleasure of taking part in. Thank you for all your efforts!

That said, I will mention that you are under no requirement to appeal to any group or handle the treatments of various groups equally, BUT, I'm under no requirement to support a franchise that does not support me. If your gay male players were given a discount, I would have no problem with the discount storylines, but I paid over $70 USD, so to get an inferior experience for the same price (if not more) makes no sense monetarily to me.

Imagine going to a bakery, and paying $3 for a chocolate chip cookie, but the cookie they give you is a day old, or it has hardly any chips. Yet, the next person, who also paid $3 got new cookies that were fresh and with the right amount of chips. How would you feel? It just doesn't make sense to pay for an inferior experience.

With that said, again, thank you for your hard work, but I will not be engaging in your products anymore because they have (consistently) given me an inferior experience, with no discount.

TL:DR

I pay the same as everyone else, and I should get the same satisfying feeling as everyone else; it makes no sense to pay full-price for an inferior experience. Give your Gaymers a discount if their experience won't match others.

150609184425-cookie-monster-sesame-street-don-lemon-cnn-tonight-00014605-large-169.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom