Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Interview BioWare Defends Changes to Dragon Age II

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Aug 10, 2011.

1. VentilatorOfDoomgender: ⚧ RPG Codex Staff Patron

VentilatorOfDoom
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 2

<p><a href="http://www.industrygamers.com/news/bioware-defends-changes-to-dragon-age-ii-plans-to-integrate-feedback-from-core-fans/" target="_blank">Let the good doctor explain</a>:</p>
    <blockquote>
    <p>"I think there was actually a tremendous number of people that came into the franchise and were delighted. So there were many people who critically thought it was wonderful, and actually a lot of old fans did as well. There&rsquo;s no doubt that there was a polarization though. Maybe some of that can be attributed to some of the fans of Dragon Age: Origins who were maybe expecting a similar experience. But we actually innovated, we took a lot of risk, we were pushing the envelope on how we told the story, the gameplay, the action moments, the graphics - a lot of things were changed. And, actually, I really believe it was the right direction," Muzyka began.<br /><br />"We also recognize that feedback from core fans is incredibly important, so we take that to heart. We&rsquo;re listening to it. We&rsquo;re commercially successful, so we actually drew a lot of new fans in, exceeded our expectations, and what we want to do in the future is make sure we integrate that feedback from our core fans, so they come along with us for the journey, as we continue to build up the Dragon Age franchise and make the next ones even bigger and better so that all of our fans are delighted and surprised. We think we can do that. We can actually take the best of breed features from the original game in Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II and put them together; and some of the changes we made in Dragon Age II, we were proud of the team. We think they were the right changes. We wanted the team to push in that direction, but we also want to integrate feedback from our core fans because they&rsquo;re really important to us. So I think there&rsquo;s a nice balance that can be struck to achieve that," he added.</p>
    </blockquote>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/?rwsiteid=1#17853">RPGWatch</a></p>

^ Top  
  2. Jaesungender: ⚧ Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    Parrots:
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    :lol:

^ Top  
  3. CrimsonAngelgender: ⚧ Prophet

CrimsonAngel
    Parrots:
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    By Tremendous amount of people you mean you sold less then the other game and you had to segregate your forum because PEOPLE where in a blind rage because of hos shit your game was.

^ Top  
  4. Make America Great Again Grimlorngender: ⚧ Arcane

Grimlorn
    Parrots:
    Lying, thieving cunts

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Konjadgender: ⚧ High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    Parrots:
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    DA2 turned out to be a good game, better one than DAO, although lack of isometric camera sucks. Apart from that it's a good game, I like it very much. So changes in general were positive.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Menckensteingender: ⚧ Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Menckenstein
    Parrots:
    They clogged the toilet with the envelope and all the shit backed up everywhere.

With the amount of damage control Bioware are running it's pretty clear they realize that DA2 was basically the second coming of Daikatana.

^ Top  
  7. catfoodgender: ⚧ AGAIN

catfood
    Parrots:
    Bioware are terrible at this PR speak. They should get someone like Pete Hines to do their bullshit talk for them.

^ Top  
  8. Make America Great Again racofergender: ⚧ Thread Incliner

racofer
    Parrots:
    Bioware's post in a nutshell.

^ Top  
  9. sgc_meltdowngender: ⚧ Arcane

sgc_meltdown
    Parrots:
  10. Excidiumgender: ⚧ P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    The Docs kinda lost hope in DA series already, their eyes are in the MMO market now.

^ Top  
  11. Jaesungender: ⚧ Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    Parrots:
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Let's just face the facts now. BioWare is a maker of Mass Accessible action games to appeal to a broad audience, that may or not contain some vague semblance of "RPG" elements.

EA and BioWare ARE in the business to make game that sell as much as possible (instead of designing a good core game that would not appeal to the masses, ie.. OMG! WHAT DO ALL THESE STATS MEAN?! OMG REDDING IS TEH HARD! OMG WHY CANT I JOIN ALL THE GUILDS! HALP! I CANT FIND Caius Cosades! etc etc...).

When they were not owned by EA, they were genuinely trying to make enjoyable cRPG's, and to some extent make them more appealing to all gamers, but while holding on to a core set of cRPG beliefs.

But now under the enslavement of the EA Overlords, they need to SELL SELL SELL! If it don't sell, you will be out of here faster than you can say "We create Worlds"....

And it is so painfully obvious in all of their "PR" speech (ESPECIALLY with Laidlaw)...

^ Top  
  12. Menckensteingender: ⚧ Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Menckenstein
    Parrots:
    Someday all our kids will be talking about the millions of copies of DA3 buried somewhere in the AZ desert.

^ Top  
  13. circgender: ⚧ Arcane

circ
    Parrots:
    wut?

^ Top  
  14. Regdargender: ⚧ Cipher

Regdar
    Parrots:
    The only thing these cocksuckers are innovating is the art of PR doublespeak. I still vomit in my mouth a little bit every time I read one of their euphemism-laden posts.

That makes me wonder. Gaider's a cunt, but you've gotta give him credit - he may be the only one left at Bioware who still remembers how to speak bluntly. I should probably lay off insulting him so much.

^ Top  
  15. Trojan_genericgender: ⚧ Magister

Trojan_generic
    Parrots:
    Fixed. How long still before they (and we) get rid of Bioware? 1 year? 2 maybe?

^ Top  
  16. Andyman Messiahgender: ⚧ Mr. Ed-ucated

Andyman Messiah
    Parrots:
    So how many "in our defense" have BioWare released now exactly? Not that I want them to stop. They're still hilarious to read. Not to mention pathetic and tragic.

He's no Todd Howard or Chris Avellone, that's for sure.

^ Top  
  17. Make America Great Again Commissar Dracogender: ⚧ KKKodex WCDS Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    And is the news from Biowhores How? Old same boring shit on RPG discussion forums, goes back to GD to read about niggers torching Londonistan. :smug:

RPG IS DEAD! :troll:

^ Top  
  18. Andyman Messiahgender: ⚧ Mr. Ed-ucated

Andyman Messiah
    Parrots:
    If you want to jump on my bandwagon you really have to drop the cool face. But yes, the rpg genre is dead. Just like the adventure game genre.

^ Top  
  19. I'm With Her Morgothgender: ⚧ for prison Arcane

Morgoth
    Parrots:
    Guise, please. The RPG genre isn't dead, it just evolved!

And BioWare is spearheading this change!

Muzyka: "Embrace the change"

[​IMG]

Bioware customer: "Embraische teh chayntsch"

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  20. Menckensteingender: ⚧ Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Menckenstein
    Parrots:
    Dragon Age 2 now free to play thanks to user generated hat marketplace! :pete:

^ Top  
  21. meanwhileInPolandgender: ⚧ Arcane

meanwhileInPoland
    Parrots:
    you are bunch of whining faggots and bioware has shitty excuses. at least tod h. believes what he says

^ Top  
  22. Make America Great Again Clockwork Knightgender: ⚧ Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    Parrots:
    ^The wino down the street also really believes Jesus comes down to chat with him on a daily basis.

You forgot about the most recent addition...I EQUIPPED HIDE ARMOR, WHY IS MY ARMOR STILL VISIBLE?

^ Top  
  23. currygender: ⚧ Arcane

curry
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  24. Befuddled Halflinggender: ⚧ Educated

Befuddled Halfling
    Parrots:
    So the counter attack against the rioting fans begins with Laidlaw (supported by Gaider and Epler) claiming DA2 merely fixed what was "busted". Now Muzak comes along and claims DA2 was the "right direction".

Funny to watch them dig their own graves. Pity that Muzyka has so much $ in offshore trust funds, that he doesn't care if Dragon Age: Arcania (on Wii only) flops. It would have been nice to see the DA3 sales fiasco hurt him a little personally (rather than just the devs).

^ Top  
  25. bhlaabgender: ⚧ Arbiter

bhlaab
    Parrots:
    Geez what were those people thinking?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)