Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BioDoc promises 'ME3 closure' in april (a.k.a. proper ending DLC)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Well, no. Actually, the DLC will end in a cliffhanger and to experience the real ending you'll have to buy the MMO. There will be no races in the MMO, all will play as Shepard. Shepard will be able to romance him/her-self. One million Shepards against the Reapers.

Hear the roar of the Xtreme collar-grabbing machine

Oesophagus

Arcane
Well, no. Actually, the DLC will end in a cliffhanger and to experience the real ending you'll have to buy the MMO. There will be no races in the MMO, all will play as Shepard. Shepard will be able to romance him/her-self. One million Shepards against the Reapers.

Hear the roar of the Xtreme collar-grabbing machine

A million Shepards, but only one Tali. :troll:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah they're crucifying him for publishing the name of that Bioware writer.

Fuck, he (BW employee) should have known better than going on a rant on a public forum against the ineptitude of his employers.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So is this ending different from the earlier leaked one? Because I remember hearing that they were planning on changing the ending because of the leak. If so what was the ending before? Or is it the same?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's fake, though.
It isn't, there's an even a screencap of the other posts he made in that forum where he was all "Please don't link this to me!!!!" and of course the deleted post in question now has "Nothing to see here."

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
The Giant Bomb podcast was talking about this.

I think the point they made was very astute - that the whole situation is terrible.

Either a) this is the way the game was intended to end, pick the color of your explosion, R, G, or B.

which is terrible.

and they are now going to CHANGE it to some sort of fan based idea of how the game should end...

which is terrible.

or b) they had MORE ending content ready which would give you (the player) the Animal House style ending you crave (denouement for the erudite) and they were planning all along to release it later for sweet DLC money...

which is terrible.

There isn't a really good resolution for this.

After 7 years of millions of people treasuring their Shepard and their crew, and following the ME story, that they should have provided a whole lot more than a 10 minute cutscene. They should have realized that people buying and playing ME3 want an amazing ending - which they did not get. They wanted a resolution, and while I guess technically they got it... it wasn't a well designed one.

Pegultagol

Erudite
That's what you get when the designers of this mess probably haven't even played the game aside from when doing a 'test-run' on a developer console. In any case, they wouldn't have been able to stomach it past their first run and spent the rest of their time on multiplayer, playing Krogan headbutting while making fart jokes.

As for that BW guy, as unwitting as he came across in his forum history, he's become part of a fine tradition of whistleblowing in the industry that highlights the level of aptitude that goes into the ordeal being part of BW writing posse. :salute: Nothing too out of place but the startling conceit shown by those in charge to wrest the parts crucial to the story and proceed to trample all over them, no wonder the results are as obvious as their DLC plans while spending all the goodwill they've accrued over the years for that final paycheck.

Oesophagus

Arcane
I think this is a first time for Bioware. Since DAO, their fanbase has been sucking their cock so furiously, they forgot that they can do something wrong. They've got their heads so far up their asses that they think any shit they spew out will be gobbled up by the biodrones like honey. Which is true enough most of the time, but the moment they decided not to do a clicheic ending and do something different, it turns out that they couldn't write anything other than run-of-the mill generic bullshit to save their lives.
But what I still don't get is what was the point of this exercise. They must have know that the ending wasn't what was expected. Didn't they once take a step back and look at it? Did they really think that this was some inspired piece of writing on a par with Dostoevsky? Because I can understand doing generic shit for the sake of easy money, and I can understand doing something that might be unpopular, but has some creative vision behind it. This clearly is neither.
Or, maybe, they figured that such a controversy would spread like wildfire, and the more people talk about your game the better. Certainly they've achieved that bit

waywardOne

Arcane
I'm certainly rephrasing a common question, but why is only the ending receiving all the attention? The stories were always terrible. ME was somewhat forgiveable because they didn't have to fill in all the blanks yet, but still:

Code:
(shit + shit) * shit ^ shit = shit

There's your motherfucking Bioware formula.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
It's fake, though.
It isn't, there's an even a screencap of the other posts he made in that forum where he was all "Please don't link this to me!!!!" and of course the deleted post in question now has "Nothing to see here."
Priestly posted a thread on BSN confirming it as fake (stating he asked Weekes in person). Every Biodrone there also denies.

Johannes

Arcane
It's fake, though.
Priestly posted a thread on BSN confirming it as fake (stating he asked Weekes in person). Every Biodrone there also denies.
I don't get why Biodrones would deny it, what's their story of what happened? Priestly of course denies it, probably especially when the Weekes guy officially denies it also. They can go all "oh no, my account got hacked, obviously I'd never do something so unprofessional myself", and he'll manage to keep his job, but why would a fan not believe that story...

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's fake, though.
I don't get why Biodrones would deny it, what's their story of what happened? Priestly of course denies it, probably especially when the Weekes guy officially denies it also. They can go all "oh no, my account got hacked, obviously I'd never do something so unprofessional myself", and he'll manage to keep his job, but why would a fan not believe that story...

I can think of at least three reasons why they would say that.

First, it's Chris Priestly saying it. They believe in Christ Priestly.

Second, even if they do believe it, they do not want to say so because they believe it could cause Weekes to get fired. So they are protecting him. No matter their faults, Bioware and its staff are deserving of love.

Third, for those who do not believe it, they believe that Bioware would never attempt to cover up in such an Orwellian manner. Bioware cares, and a caring company would not act to suppress its own employees. Ergo the official line must be the truth and there can be no other.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's fake, though.

They're doing a piss-poor attempt to cover for him, so his ass doesn't get violently sacked from Bioware.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'm certainly rephrasing a common question, but why is only the ending receiving all the attention? The stories were always terrible. ME was somewhat forgiveable because they didn't have to fill in all the blanks yet, but still:

Code:
(shit + shit) * shit ^ shit = shit

There's your motherfucking Bioware formula.

It may be shit, but it was cheesy space opera shit that served it's purpose. The ME3 ending breaks with that and just goes for straight bullshit.

theHiddenHand

Educated
I don't care any more, all three games were entertaining for me (apart from the crappy romances) but the end is so sh!t Alastair Reynolds should consider suing bioware if anymore of their games dump on his ideas or plotlines. It has been years since the end of the revelation space trilogy but bioware could not come up with a decent end just another deus ex bitter ending. I do not care about more downloadable content to me bioware is dead, Mass Effect is dead and I'll gladly dance on their graves. I didn't mind the fallout 3 ending or the extra content that changed the ending but bioware are taking the p!ss just because it worked for besthesda doesn't mean that bioware can just do the same thing.

In summing up this is one former bioware fan who is not going to accept their sh!tty treatment.

Deleted member 7219

BioWare AREN'T doing the same thing. Bethesda changed the ending by letting your character go on. BioWare have said they are leaving the original ending in for purposes of 'artistic vision' and they're just adding in some extra cutscenes.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
The point is that there is NO NEW ENDING, just clarifications. The butthurt will flow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom