Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Binary Domain for PC

Multi-headed Cow

It looked a bit "So bad it's good" from what I saw of it in Glorious Giantbombdotcom Quicklook. Big Bo is finer than all the Mass Effect party members in the world!

Angthoron

Arcane
Huh, so they are porting to PC? I guess I'll have to try it out, if done right (haha) it could be pretty cool.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Looks like some mediocre budget console co-op shooter. Maybe a step above crap like the Scourge Project but nothing I'd pay more than $5 for at most.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Isn't this the one where the approved answer to some chick criticizing you is acknowledging the criticism, which is the guy hilariously shouting YEAH.

Medic

Scholar
Patron
You cannot fuck a Chinese girl or anyone else for that matter, actually Binary Domain is a p. cool squad shooter with a nice story and well done character exposition (for a shooter). Combat is really well one, there are plenty different robots to fight, each has unique weak spots and good AI.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I dunno, looks boring

dunno if it's damage from having played two ME games but the dialogue and cinematic shit is pleasant

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
The game is on pre-order on Steam. Just a few quick questions: Does it have cover system à la Mass Effect? Does it have regenerative health? Didn't watched the video, can't stand the fucking annoying pricks.

Edit: Watched a little bit. It seems that it has ME like cover system. Sigh... And I was interested in the game's concept.

Medic

Scholar
Patron
It does have cover system and regenerative health + medkits if you take too much damage and can't get up then.

Medic

Scholar
Patron
I had nine hours of fun with this game, so yes. Although play the demo, see if you have no objections to the combat and squad interactions. If yes, then buy it, otherwise jut rent it.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I had nine hours of fun with this game, so yes. Although play the demo, see if you have no objections to the combat and squad interactions. If yes, then buy it, otherwise jut rent it.

can you fuck things up out of cover for prolonged periods of time? how is the variety in the way things die? open-ended?

Is the game at least challenging?
what the fuck is wrong with you, this is a TPS with a cover system and regenerating health, I don't see how someone could make it more challenging without making it less fun, isn't the point of those games to massacre shit while avoiding being vulnerable?

Medic

Scholar
Patron
If there's a retail version, some Cdkey provider should offer it for cheap.

It's pretty challenging on the highest difficulty, enemies are somewhat aggressive forcing you out of cover. There are some fast charging enemies designed for that.
There are some retarded boss fights where you have to shoot about gazillions bullets, but the bosses themselves are nicely designed and massive (well, I like massive robots).

can you fuck things up out of cover for prolonged periods of time? how is the variety in the way things die? open-ended?

what the fuck is wrong with you, this is a TPS with a cover system and regenerating health, I don't see how someone could make it more challenging without making it less fun, isn't the point of those games to massacre shit while avoiding being vulnerable?

Depends on enemies you fight at that point, some are killable from one cover spot, out force you out.
You can disable robots with headshots, they usually start to fight each other after that. You can destroy their legs, they start crawling and you can destroy their arms, if they held a weapon in that arm then they switch to melee mode. If they are crawling an you step too close to them, some of the robots will grab you and try to detonate a grenade killing themselves and you.

And are the promised squad interactions non-retarded?

Interactions are somewhat retarded, there is a lot of japanese cheese in conversations, but I still liked BD characters much more than in ME for example. Except for the main hero, he is a jerk.

You have to remember that it's a shooter with some nice bonus mechanics, so don't count on some incredible character exposition or complicated interactions.

Angthoron

Arcane
You can disable robots with headshots, they usually start to fight each other after that. You can destroy their legs, they start crawling and you can destroy their arms, if they held a weapon in that arm then they switch to melee mode. If they are crawling an you step too close to them, some of the robots will grab you and try to detonate a grenade killing themselves and you.
Well fuck, I'm sold.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Press X to say 'Fuck!'. :smug:
Gonna install it the first thing I do when I get home.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom