Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Never give your card info to Gaben. I almost exclusively use Steam Wallet.

Yeah, I don't want odd numbers of funny money just hanging around in a virtual account.

Astral Rag

Arcane
So far I've acquired the following games:

Dropsy (€4,99)
Broforce (€6,99)
Thief 2 (€1,74)
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (€4,99)

Atomkilla

Arcane
Fucking Stick of Truth. I went to the bank, placed money on my debit card, got home, shit's not on sale anymore. It's 30 euros again.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Shouldn't matter because there technically are no daily sales, anymore. That said, Ubisoft and some other publishers seem to alter their prices on a whim with no way of keeping track.

Atomkilla

Arcane
Fucking Stick of Truth. I went to the bank, placed money on my debit card, got home, shit's not on sale anymore. It's 30 euros again.

Steam day changes at 10 am (-8gmt), keep in mind for future reference.

As said, I though there were no more changes to the prices since there are no daily sales.

Eh, fuck it, I'll get something else if it doesn't get on the sale by the Jan 4th.

Telengard

Arcane
It may not use UDon'tPlay, but it still belongs to USuck, and anyone who buys from them, UGotSuckered.

EDIT: The record so far - that I know of - is a Uplay update that broke the load function for a number of older Mac games and wasn't fixed for 3 months. Thus, UDon'tPlay.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
anyone who buys from them, UGotSuckered.
cArdJCY.gif

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you can get a 50% off coupon for The Talos Principle, it stacks with the current discount lowering the final price to 4.99

Telengard

Arcane
anyone who buys from them, UGotSuckered.
cArdJCY.gif
Another beautiful one, if you were stupid enough to purchase the Anno 2070 double pack, the install for Deep Ocean has to be done in game. So, one activates it, then the game reboots and loads an external installer and adds the pack, then reloads the game. But the external installer doesn't work for a large number of setups, so the install fails, it auto-loads the game, detects a patch, reboots and loads the installer. Ubi's solution after more than a year? Zilch.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I wonder if not having changing prices will affect their sales at all? I don't mind it personally, but it has created way less of a sense of urgency in me. Whereas in the past this sense of urgency (something will only be on sale for 24 hours!) maybe spurred me to by stuff I otherwise wouldn't have, thus far I've yet to buy anything. And the steam front page is a fucking mess. It's been a mess for the past year since the redesign, but even more so during the sale. I have no idea why shit is being displayed and why it's being displayed in any given order. I know that Valve probably has some algorithm working behind the scenes tailoring what is displayed to stuff I've bought in the past, but on my end it all just seems like complete chaos.

Although, they do seem to have static "highlighted deals" that are universal, even though prices don't change. It's interesting that the top sellers seem to ebb and flow according to these "highlighted deals," even though the prices aren't actually changing. I guess if people will just buy what's in front of them, perhaps the algorithm model will work in the end. Who can say?

J1M

Arcane
History also teaches us that at the end of the sale everything will be back on sale for a final push.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Combining this sale and the the previous Fall sale, I have acquired the following games so far:
  • The Talos Principle + Road to Gehenna
  • Broforce
  • Super Hexagon
  • KOTOR 2
  • Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 3
  • Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Dishonored GOTY
  • Hotline Miami 2
  • Infested Planet - Trickester's Arsenal
Total: ~R$100,00 or US$26, discounting all the monies I've made in the past week selling trading cards at the market place, ~R$18,00 :smug:

And for the first time in like, ever, I've paid for all the games I have in my disposal.

Except NWN of course, since it's a Bioware game and all and A Dance with Rogues is what that game is all about.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Bought nothing. Went to buy Grim Dawn the other day to 'demo' it for two hours but got a store error. Will try again later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom