Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Astral Rag

Arcane
Bought LA Noire Complete Edition for €6 (beware, the regular edition also costs €6...) and Gauntlet™ Slayer Edition for €5.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Half of my wishlist is 50% off, the other half 12% off.

Good to see plenty of Codexers are finding good deals, but I think I'll hold out for the Christmas sale to make my purchases.

DramaticPopcorn

So, any point in buying anything now when Christmas sale is right around the corner?

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
well, some older games are on sale now that i havnt seen during last summer and winter sale, so you might want to buy one of those if the price is ok.

could be you also want to play one of those until xmas sale? yeah, unlikely, i know, most stuff just gets into our librarys, but still.

that beeing said, grabbed myself

Monkey Island Remake finally

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Got the upgrade for Dark Souls 2. It has all the dlcs and stuff, only 13 euros. That is if you already have Dark Souls 2 though. Couldn't resist.

Telengard

Arcane
So, any point in buying anything now when Christmas sale is right around the corner?
Now that Steam has everybody and their mother channeled into their Sales periods, the sales percentages during the big sales is often not as good as the regular week sales percentages. Ya know, mine a couple more percentage points of payment now that no one shops anywhere else.

So, you're better off tracking what you want on one of the sales database charts and seeing when it's actually at its lowest.

Starwars

Arcane
Decided to get Ori and the Blind Forest, Renowned Explorers Society and the Monkey Island remakes. Felt like a good haul.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Also GTA V is 20 british quid(28 euros) in GMG VIP section. 8 euros cheaper than on Steam store. Dont think its been cheaper than this.

Mozg

Arcane
Finally getting Grimrock

Darkest Dungeon being kinda bad has made me so gunshy to get shit like Invisible Inc. or Renowned Explorerers even though I'm 99% sure I'd like both. Getting really into a game before you realize it sucks is like stubbing your toe

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Invisible, Inc is great. Of course, I also don't think Darkest Dungeon is bad... it's in Early Access, though.

Mozg

Arcane
They might have done enough by the time it goes "live" (actual live compared to ea launch is like your first DLC now). I haven't played it since it was like 2 months into EA so my opinion is dated

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Depends how derpy are your tastes? Are you one of these 21 year old Codexers who feels the need to build his e-rep only playing old school games or can you lighten up like a true old fag and play some popamole, too?

Space Insect

Arcane
I can play most whatever unless it is a fighting game. I just don't have most of these games the Codex raves and so I felt like trying some of them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom