Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

pippin

*resists making Gaben joke about heavy load*

10406437_830240963726404_6877742894058325237_n.png

Luka-boy

Arcane
Are you sure it's a wise idea to spread that information around? It's a game in the List of Incline that hasn't even officially launched yet and the developers are bros who post here.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Are you sure it's a wise idea to spread that information around? It's a game in the List of Incline that hasn't even officially launched yet and the developers are bros who post here.

*shrug*, wasnt infinitron that fucked up, it was whomever did this either at gamergate or publisher of the game.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
June 22 is technically summer and don't muslims have a shitty calendar and can't tell time and blow themselves up, so they might not understand astronomy? Muslims never did anything with astronomy, right?:patriot:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
It isn't even spring here yet, and we've had the Steam Spring Sale already. I doubt summer will be here in time for the Summer Equinox...if it shows up at all.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Valve is an Amerikwan company (do any of these other phony countries count?) and spring is almost over in the US.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It isn't even spring here yet, and we've had the Steam Spring Sale already. I doubt summer will be here in time for the Summer Equinox...if it shows up at all.

Magic place it must be since there hasn't been a Steam Spring Sale this year (or even last year) anywhere else ;)

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Worth it? No idea, just watched the two steam trailers. Looks like some modern, yuppy drama TV show for retards.

EDIT: And.... I just bought it. Damn. Sucker for Holmes.

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Holmes vs Cthulhu and Holmes vs Jack the Ripper are superb games. The rest are so-so. The latest one is probably the third best one.

Coyote

Arcane
If anyone's looking at the Mount and Blade deal today, Nuuvem currently has better deals on both the collection and the individual games. Warband might require a proxy to add to your cart if you're not in South America (the key itself isn't region-locked), but I believe the others can be added from anywhere.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Crimes & Punishment is pretty entertaining. Not very heavy on the puzzles, but there's more focus on taking notes and investigating everything thoroughly. The endings to the cases require you to carefully review everything you've learned to figure out whodunnit and the devs did a pretty good job of not making it easy to get it 'right.'

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Sherlock Crimes and Punishment

The graphics are quite detailed and pretty. I was a little put off by Holmes' voice acting at first as I will never be able to accept anyone but Jeremy Brett anymore but Watson was okay. And I don't really give a shit about voice overs anyways, it's fine. So presentation is excellent.

The interface is simple, familiar and easy to use, no issues there.

Mechanics are kind of interesting. I've only played the first 'case' but think of being in a point-and-click adventure, several screens wide and being able to walk around it in 3D. You can interact with objects and people. Different options will come up depending on the context of what you're doing. There are even puzzles, or mini-games that appear but aren't too difficult. In fact, it's really quite piss-easy but this is the first level for me. It's probably meant as more of a tutorial.

I guess it feels like being in one of the episodes, or short stories, working on a case. It seems rather hand guided so far but it's fun enough for me. The cutscenes are short and just push the story along, it's not a cinematic bore-fest that the trailers gave me the impression it would be.

So all in all, I think the ten bucks was worth it, I'm not feeling ripped off and it is somehow giving the feeling of being Holmes for a few moments. Sure, your mom or grandma might like this but so do I, it's a nice diversion from the norm.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom