Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

pakoito

Arcane
Patron

Astral Rag

Arcane
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Editions is -66% off. Worth it?
Yes. If you like Open-world games like GTA or similar it is among the best.

Don't listen to:
11206.jpg

It looks great and the melee combat is alright but the driving model (very floaty, the opposite of GTA 4) and retarded story and characters killed my interest in the game. The game also doesn't have a first-person driving cam. (can be fixed with this mod, not sure if it works with "bfg edition")

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not viable when you track 50+ games on your wishlist. Retarded they didn't feature it on the front page.
You mean this? On the front page?

Check out recommendations for you
Probably hundreds of games you want to play

http://store.steampowered.com/explore/recommend/

PS: We need a quote button in the WYSIWYG editor.
I mean as the premier deal instead of fucking HoMM. And, again, you presume I'd scroll down through all the recommended games which I usually just ignore because their relation to things I buy is tenuous at best. Never mind the hideous touchpad/phone interface.

Astral Rag

Arcane
You can get a Steam key for Batman: Arkham Origins + "season pass" for 7$ at Bundle Stars. Use the promo code SUPERNOVA25.

No idea if the game and/ or DLC are worth getting. Just leaving this here in case someone is interested.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Base game isn't for sale anymore, this Definitive Edition is a remaster for new consoles, so have fancier graphics, all DLCs and stuffies...
There are still some steam keys for the original floating around (resellers), but they are priced around $8, so there is no point. If you want to play this now, $10 is a good price. If you are only going to add it to your steam collection for the moment, wait for a bigger discount.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's not a bad game it's just no different from most GTA clones -- collection of repetitive missions strung together by a lulzy narrative.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The Wealth of Nations addon for EU4 is 2.50 Euros now (75%off). Worth it if I just bought the base game and I think I'll be into it?

Multi-headed Cow

The Wealth of Nations addon for EU4 is 2.50 Euros now (75%off). Worth it if I just bought the base game and I think I'll be into it?
Always buy all Paradox DLC.

To be honest though, of the EU4 DLC the most interesting one thus far (That's on sale) is Conquest of Paradise. I'd still recommend grabbing all the for realsies DLC (Paradise, Wealth, and Rex Publica) since they're so cheap at the moment, but if you only wanna pick up one then I'd vote Paradise.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Gemini Rue is 60% down
Defcon / Uplink are both 0,99 Euros

Not sure, if Dragonfall will get cheaper then 50%... decisions...

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Does the combat in Dragonfall get better? I was a bit disappointed that SR had no verticality. And there was little interaction with the environment (exploding barrels, etc).

pippin

You guys mean Dragonfall DLC or Dragonfall DC? Combat in DC has better AI and takes more factors in consideration (armor, cover, chances of dealing aoe damage, etc), so if you can buy DC, do it, it's worth every penny.

I recommend keeping games you want on your wishlist, that way you can easily keep track of when they're on sale and Steam even e-mails you occasionally when a game goes on sale.
Not viable when you track 50+ games on your wishlist. Retarded they didn't feature it on the front page. Ah well, it'll come back around during the winter sale.

You could click "order by price" on your wishlist once per day and see what comes up at the top.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Not viable when you track 50+ games on your wishlist. Retarded they didn't feature it on the front page. Ah well, it'll come back around during the winter sale.
Having 50+ games on a wishlist is way more retarded.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
a man can have wishes.

i use the wishlist more as a reminder for games that interest me a bit, i dont buy them all, but its convenient to have an overwiew (even from far above on ur 50+games) for recent dicounts ect.

flabbyjack

Arcane
Bought King Arthur 2 for like $2.50. Unplayable due to framerate, even with all graphics settings turned down.

Thanks Paradox Interactive. Thanks.

Edit: I'm not buying EU4 until they fix my EU3: Divine Wind for the unavoidable game-breaking bug

Stinger

Arcane
How is Banner Saga codex?

I remember some of the controversy around it at the time it was kickstarting and then proceeded to ignore it.

Worth the purchase?

What should I expect?

Turjan

Arcane
The main game is DLC? What have we become...
No, it's like Markman said: Reading the long description tells you that this is a standalone multiplayer expansion that does not require the base game. So, it's actually spelled out correctly in the Humble Bundle.

My confusion stemmed from how this is handled in Steam. Steam counts this key as if you had the base game that contains the first singleplayer campaign. This results in Steam telling you that you can buy the base game only as a gift, which in turn means that you will have to gift it to yourself amd ignore all warnings that you already have this game and won't get an additional copy when you add it to your account, in order to get the singleplayer campaign (or immediately buy it not out of the Steam client, but from the website and ignore the warnings).

When you start this expansion, it looks similarly confusing. On first and second look, the unified user interface that already lists everything the game has, makes it hard to see what you actually own. You can click "singleplayer", which presents you with two campaigns, and both have a "launch" button. Clicking the "launch" button brings up a "purchase" button. The game is also full of other DLC: you have to buy every commander as DLC, and you get your first three (for multiplayer) as "free" DLC for registering.

All in all, the experience put me off from even trying the game any further, although there was an option to play the multiplayer part against the AI. Truth be told, I didn't check whether I have to buy that specific option extra.

oscar

Arcane

I remember some of the controversy around it at the time it was kickstarting and then proceeded to ignore it.

Worth the purchase?

What should I expect?

Fairly short but I had a good time with it. Beautiful hand-drawn animation, real C&C and decent combat.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

Worth the purchase?

What should I expect?

Fairly short but I had a good time with it. Beautiful hand-drawn animation, real C&C and decent combat.

INSULTINGLY short, I would say. But can't argue, it looks awesome, and plays equally well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom