Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The fundamental game play does not change. Granted it's been over a year since I played (and I've never played the DLC) but once you figure out how things work it is very easy to sustain yourself indefinitely. Some day I'll pick up the DLC for 75% off and give it another spin. It's not a bad game but it's not for everyone. Apparently they are planning on adding multiplayer/co-op. Not sure if they've done that already.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well Terraria is a me-too Minecraft. But it's ok, open world resource management games will always be somewhat similar, personally I don't mind.

Thing is even tho I love this type of game I can't stand either Minecraft of Terraria, probably because I can't stand hipstery retro pixel graphics. Otherwise I suppose they're both pretty good at what they do.

The fundamental game play does not change. Granted it's been over a year since I played (and I've never played the DLC) but once you figure out how things work it is very easy to sustain yourself indefinitely. Some day I'll pick up the DLC for 75% off and give it another spin. It's not a bad game but it's not for everyone. Apparently they are planning on adding multiplayer/co-op. Not sure if they've done that already.

DLC changes everything, adds a new layer of unpredictability with the boss battles and two new seasons of the year. There's just so much now you can do and explore.

But there's a thread for Don't Starve, we can discuss!! it there.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dont-starve.82403/

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
i was waiting for Banner Saga to be on sale for a long time.
thing is, now there are so many interesting games out/in my library, i am not sure if i can procrastinate enough for this one as well.
oh, the first worl problems.

also, Endless Legend is 50% off.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
NoRagrets_zps8f8828de.png

No ragrets.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They were giving it out for free with $7.50 one-month subs to IGN prime about a month ago.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Might & Magic X was 75% off for the last one day, and it didn't featured on the main page. Now it's back to 40%.

:butthurt:

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Might & Magic X was 75% off for the last one day, and it didn't featured on the main page. Now it's back to 40%.

I recommend keeping games you want on your wishlist, that way you can easily keep track of when they're on sale and Steam even e-mails you occasionally when a game goes on sale.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Base game isn't for sale anymore, this Definitive Edition is a remaster for new consoles, so have fancier graphics, all DLCs and stuffies...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

I recommend keeping games you want on your wishlist, that way you can easily keep track of when they're on sale and Steam even e-mails you occasionally when a game goes on sale.
Not viable when you track 50+ games on your wishlist. Retarded they didn't feature it on the front page. Ah well, it'll come back around during the winter sale.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Base game isn't for sale anymore, this Definitive Edition is a remaster for new consoles, so have fancier graphics, all DLCs and stuffies...
You could download the high-res texture mod before. Anyway, $10 is a pretty shit price for it considering the base game could be had for like $4 about a year ago. The DLC really doesn't add anything worthwhile. It's an okay GTA clone with focus on melee combat but nothing spectacular.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Not viable when you track 50+ games on your wishlist. Retarded they didn't feature it on the front page. Ah well, it'll come back around during the winter sale.

Yeah, apparently they do not send notifications during major sales, if you have too many games :oops: in the wishlist.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They obviously changed their minds then because early on during the Kickstarter they said it was episodic. Or, at least, it was part of some kind of trilogy or something.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

BROTIP: Often, whenever a game is on sale, all other games from that series or franchise are also on sale. Always check.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom