Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not a very good sale so far. I have picked up only two games (Naval Warfare and Garshasp : Monster Slayer), both below $1, and Max Payne Anthology (to get rid of my boxed one). But I am very picky with my purchases now - generally not buying games priced over $3 or longer than 10 hours (no time to play those).

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Most of the stuff Infi posted was in a bundle or two. Think I have 2 keys to Deadly Premonition for example.

What I'm probably gonna buy are Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms and Company of Heroes 2. Want Crypt of the Necromancer but gonna skip it till its 75% off.

Btw, Greenmangaming VIP section got some good deals, like new Wolfenstein for 10 quid, Dishonored for 2, new Thi4f for 4 and Fallout New Vegas for 2.

Turjan

Arcane
Most of the stuff Infi posted was in a bundle or two...

What I'm probably gonna buy are Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms and Company of Heroes 2.
Well, I guess you mean some of the DLC, as even the latter is in a current bundle.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron

What I'm probably gonna buy are Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms and Company of Heroes 2.
Well, I guess you mean some of the DLC, as even the latter is in a current bundle.
From the bundle..
"Oberkommando is a standalone playable multi-player experience that does *not* require the base game: Company of Heroes 2."
I want the base game with the singleplayer campaign, not this shit. Already got the bundle tho.

Turjan

Arcane

From the bundle..
"Oberkommando is a standalone playable multi-player experience that does *not* require the base game: Company of Heroes 2."
I want the base game with the singleplayer campaign, not this shit. Already got the bundle tho.
Well, the key gives you the base game with the "Oberkommando" DLC. At least it's listed that way on Steam. Haven't tried yet, as it's more than 22 GB. Is the single player campaign also a DLC?

Edit: Okay, the actual download is only 12.2 GB. With my shitty internet connection, it will take a while until I know for sure.

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
So far I've purchased Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder (4.8€) and Primordia (4€).

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Installing the bundle game now. Then we'll see. Steam overloaded, download tops at 2mb/s. Thx for the tip anyway,Turjan
I think raw should know.

I got the Shadows game cause it was like 20 minutes left on sale and I wanted to play it tonight instead of waiting for the Encore sale day.

Btw, Metro's GOTY Kingdoms of Amalur is on sale for 5 bucks.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Guess I should finally use that coupon on Shadow Warrior to get it for $1

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
BioShock Infinite - Wilson Score 95%
It's a rating - you should take a note on it, not take it as an order to buy. 31,426 positive and 1,520 negative. It seems people on STEAM like BI after all. And even if with this one I disagree, I agree with majority of Wilson top. M&B, Kerbal, Payday, AoEII, etc.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
"Don't Starve" with the DLC worth it? I'll take a look.
Forget about Don't Starve, it sucks.
Better get The Long Dark. One of the Tacticual Cancer staff recommend it. Don't care if you like TC group or not, The Long Dark is good game. One of the survivar themed game that doesn't suck.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/305620/

There's, like, no universe in the multiverse where Don't Starve sucks for you if you like survival/resource management games. Not one. If you played it on release and dumped it after two hours then I can understand but now it's a completely different game and it fucking rocks.
I've bounced off it three times, on EA, on Release and last Summer Sale. What does people see in it? I could barely see any content, just spent all my time foraging rocks and grass to make absolutely nothing interesting.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Better get The Long Dark. One of the Tacticual Cancer staff recommend it. Don't care if you like TC group or not, The Long Dark is good game. One of the survivar themed game that doesn't suck.

There's, like, no universe in the multiverse where Don't Starve sucks for you if you like survival/resource management games. Not one. If you played it on release and dumped it after two hours then I can understand but now it's a completely different game and it fucking rocks.
I've bounced off it three times, on EA, on Release and last Summer Sale. What does people see in it? I could barely see any content, just spent all my time foraging rocks and grass to make absolutely nothing interesting.

Game's bursting with content, especially with the expansion, no idea watcha talking about. Maybe it's just not for you.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron

Game's bursting with content, especially with the expansion, no idea watcha talking about. Maybe it's just not for you.
Sun's up, gather rocks, gather grass, gather wood, go back to fire. Make science machine, make armor, make basic tools, make weather machine. No more content available to unlock. Gather rocks, gather grass, gather wood, die of starvation or evil statue two days later.

Maybe it's not for me.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm hearing that the Don't Starve DLC adds so much more.

I've done 4 playthroughs so far, and the longest I've lasted is the night of Day 6. At first it's just run around, collect basic resources and build campfire for evening, but then I started catching a glimpse of more.

# If you're stranded away from your "base camp" at night with nothing but a torch, you can set fire to trees and such to provide light.

# Clearly you're supposed to build more complex things than what you said, but the most important part for all that is Location.

# Resources like grass and trees are renewable, so you'll need to keep an eye out for places that have them in good supply nearby. Chopping down trees near your base camp does not seem to be a good idea, unless you plant new trees immediately afterwards.

# The two biggest problems I'm seeing with the game is the "crafting tree", which seems to be all about unlocking stuff, and the randomness/scarcity of resources. I've found silk and some other rare resources, but I had to look far and wide to get them.

Honest truth, based on this moment in time with playing this game? It's a "me-too" game of Terraria. Start up a game of Terraria, enable Ironman mode, and you've got a more fun and colourful version of Don't Starve.

I may be wrong, of course, but I'm not done playing the game yet.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I did all of that and got nicer stuff than silk, some rare stones and stuff, but they didn't unlock anything interesting. Just a better campfire that requires less fuel.

I tried to trap with bait and stuff, with no results.

As you say, I was in Terraria pre-release and got more kick from it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom