Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Astral Rag

Arcane
yp389sewjs36.jpg

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Finally the Cow and Bruticis are both back,now this thread feels complete again:incline:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You get the key? Strange, I try to get through goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com (got ithere thorugh mail they send me) and they don't have any keys.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I got one a few hours ago, the process is a bit convoluted, make sure you make all the steps the way they ask it.

Turjan

Arcane
Of course, there's this:

"While we would love to give games out to as many people as possible we only have a limited stock. We are acutely aware that working across different timezones means that the offer is more popular in different regions at different times of the day. Therefore in order to remain as fair as possible to our global audience we have allocated game keys on a territory basis globally. Some countries have been extremely quick with claiming their free game and so some country stocks have run out. We have also had some abuse of the system that has reduced the overall number of games available to you all."

Multi-headed Cow

I heard the game is boring, so you better wait.
Found that the ruskie price for it was sufficiently cheap ($7) so I went for it anyway. Still possible to be disappointed by a $7 game but it sounds interesting enough that it's worth a shot. And according to their development map they'll "Finish" the game by December so I may just hold off on playing it until then. Especially with Grimrock 2 to rub all over my greasy rolls.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Allright, there is one requirement - pin your Steam account to PlayFire Reward beta system.
Actually, it's good idea to not do this until you want experience some strange journey into some kind of loophole or Propernaut Light. Ignoring this step make wonder. Funny...

Last edited:

pippin

You get the key? Strange, I try to get through goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com (got ithere thorugh mail they send me) and they don't have any keys.

I followed this link and received my key some minutes later. I guess nobody is asking for this game in South America :P

Bruticis

Some shitty game news website no one cares about said:
There will be no shortage of free offerings from Steam this weekend. Valve's service is set to kick off its biggest free weekend ever tomorrow, with ten major titles all running for free until Sunday at 1PM PDT.
The games included in the free weekend promo are:
  • Awesomenauts
  • Blade Symphony
  • Company of Heroes 2
  • Don't Starve
  • Grid 2
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • Killing Floor
  • Payday 2
  • Trine 2
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown
As one might imagine, all of these games will also be discounted handsomely over the course of this weekend. Of course, no purchase is required to play any of them. Just grab your Steam account and go!
It has yet to be determined if Gabens idea of a handsome discount is the same as the rest of the worlds idea.

Crichton

Prophet

I followed this link and received my key some minutes later. I guess nobody is asking for this game in South America :P

I got the key within seconds but I already own it; what I wanted was the 80%-off coupon for the expansion, has anyone gotten that yet?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2

I got the key within seconds but I already own it; what I wanted was the 80%-off coupon for the expansion, has anyone gotten that yet?
Link yr playfire account to yr steam/GMG accounts (I know), play through the tutorial and you should get the coupon through GMG when yr playfire and Steam accounts sync up sometime within the next 24 hours. Welcome to web 3.0 folks

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I'll try that Payday 2, don't forget that first Payday will be free to grab tomorrow or in Friday.

@up
thing is, I wanted to unlink and link again but it worked best without linking at all. No matter, try to DL all that cinematic garbage, play4coupon and install Long War Mod.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
hmm, might give killing floor a lash

heard good things about it; havent got around to playing it yet
Pretty good gunplay, very impressive post-release support and expansion, but the unlocks are more irritating than anything else, and horde mode gameplay gets old eventually.

Still, lots of people have it, and very few people actively dislike it, so it's more reliable than most games for a Codexian group.

Turjan

Arcane
Link yr playfire account to yr steam/GMG accounts (I know), play through the tutorial and you should get the coupon through GMG when yr playfire and Steam accounts sync up sometime within the next 24 hours. Welcome to web 3.0 folks
At the current rate, the synching with my account should be done sometime in January. Playfire seems to be a masterpiece of programming.

Bruticis

At the current rate, the synching with my account should be done sometime in January. Playfire seems to be a masterpiece of programming.
Before I was banned for exploiting da system, you could use a certain trick of buying something that's dirt cheap (or free) and it would force your pending credits from playfire to GMG. Doesn't help get the credits to show up on playfire though, just moves them from Playfire to GMG after you've already been awarded them on playfire. Which reminds me, fuck snitches.

Multi-headed Cow

Before I was banned for exploiting da system, you could use a certain trick of buying something that's dirt cheap (or free) and it would force your pending credits from playfire to GMG. Doesn't help get the credits to show up on playfire though, just moves them from Playfire to GMG after you've already been awarded them on playfire. Which reminds me, fuck snitches.
They're actually a bit faster about moving dosh from Playfire to GMG now, although I haven't gotten any credit in weeks(?) months(?) because the rewards have been absolute garbage lately. Can't complain much since I'm probably pushing $200ish free games from 'em but it's a bummer the gravy train is over. Been stalled at $18 credit so long I'm thinking about just using it to pick up CK2: Charlemagne since it feels like it'll never grow.

Turjan

Arcane
They're actually a bit faster about moving dosh from Playfire to GMG now, although I haven't gotten any credit in weeks(?) months(?) because the rewards have been absolute garbage lately.
I don't know how it was before, but when I now look at their rewards, it's mostly just a system to make you feel better about your D1P's by giving you back a few cents. As I hardly ever buy anything on release, that's not too interesting for me.

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
Some shitty game news website no one cares about said:
There will be no shortage of free offerings from Steam this weekend. Valve's service is set to kick off its biggest free weekend ever tomorrow, with ten major titles all running for free until Sunday at 1PM PDT.
The games included in the free weekend promo are:
  • Awesomenauts
  • Blade Symphony
  • Company of Heroes 2
  • Don't Starve
  • Grid 2
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • Killing Floor
  • Payday 2
  • Trine 2
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown
As one might imagine, all of these games will also be discounted handsomely over the course of this weekend. Of course, no purchase is required to play any of them. Just grab your Steam account and go!
It has yet to be determined if Gabens idea of a handsome discount is the same as the rest of the worlds idea.
original.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
The only real free game will be Payday: The Heist.
Today (19 Oct, not 20 as I mentioned before), when Gape shop will update his stuff, you can grab game for free. So these few free weekends....nah.

Don Peste

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom