Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Distant Worlds is finally on steam, do yourself a favor and grab it http://store.steampowered.com/app/261470/ (all-included package)

They really should've went with individual purchases. I'm not sure how many people are willing to put down ~50€ for what at first glance seems like just another indie game. Hell, it's relatively pricey no matter what it is and especially when you can buy dozen games on Steam for the same amount.

On the other hand, a big huge game with a load of content may interest people more than a bunch of smaller games. I don't think it's the sort of game intended for people that base their purchases on first glances, anyway.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If you want to experience the glorious Deus Ex The Fall firsthand instead of settling for my review, it's $3 on Amazon right now. Steam code.

They really should've went with individual purchases. I'm not sure how many people are willing to put down ~50€ for what at first glance seems like just another indie game. Hell, it's relatively pricey no matter what it is and especially when you can buy dozen games on Steam for the same amount.

Well, vanilla distant worlds is kind of meh, but expansions provided much needed depth and vastly improved some annoying aspects of it. Also it was much more pricey (like 30€ per expansion) when the only place you could buy it was that horrendous Matrix Games site.

I agree though, their pricing policy is baffling, but in the long run it's still worth it, game's really good.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Max 100 sales ,what a waste of the front page exposure.

Li6iXJY.png

Maybe Matrix drones will buy it again it's so much cheaper now :lol:

Last edited:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Has a peak of 650 people playing it at the same time in Steam.

Where do you see those stats? I was looking for gameplay figures on a certain game the other day and I could only find the top 20 games' stats.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yep. Another guy that's going slow as fucking molasses. Done giving people money two+ years in advance.

Meh, nothing worthwhile atm. Skip.

Well, there's Obscure, which looks like "The Scooby-doo gang meets Resident Evil".

mobygames said:
Trivia

In the German version, the name "Wickson" was changed into "Wilson". The reason is probably that the name sounds similar to "wichsen" (a German expression for wanking).

oh, and the sequel is also available.

I rented this game on ps2 once, it might have been the dumbest horror game I've ever played. So of course I had to buy it on steam.

The Sequel to 'Never heard of it: give back the 90's edition' comes in at full force. I now know 47,000 different ways to say dude.

oh and it tells you to kill yourself before you've saved so 10/10

:takemyjewgold:

Last edited:

kazgar

Arcane
Esteemed Bros. Is painkiller worth $4? (or $6)

Probably won't go multiplayer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom