Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Tickletrunk [developer] 13 Mar @ 9:32pm
The original CD audio has been added to the game files. If you want to hear the original soundtrack, you will have to navigate to your Steam directory where the game files for Clans reside. You will find a folder called "Clans music", and the audio files are in there. Then you will have to burn an audio CD and put into your CD drive.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/281430/discussions/0/540736145621323577/#c540736226124887414

This is getting stupidly common with some old games. See: Jedi Knight, Quake 2, etc.

Somehow modders manage to fix the issue, so it really boils down to the company not giving a shit.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
It's as fucking simple as changing the code and telling it to stop looking for the files on the CD drive and do it on a folder on the HDD, it's first week programming school. It goes to show how a fucking cashgrab most of this things are that they can't even do that and they would rather put a fucking disclaimer because it can be done in 2 minutes on paint.

Kitako

Arcane
They probably "lost the original files", like Trent complained about his Baldur's Gate abortion.

Wasteland 2
You can mount an image. If you do have any optical drive though, then from my experience with old W9x games, you should change drives order in Windows, to make virtual one be the first after hdd partitions, before physical optical drives.

While I fully egree with Berekan, they've at least provided original soundtrack. Most of other assholes don't bother even with that and you have to sail the seven seas to get it.

oscar

Arcane
I'm liking Original War but I think I got a bug where one team member (female engineer) would outright refuse any order I gave while the recognition voice sound would continuously loop.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I'm liking Original War but I think I got a bug where one team member (female engineer) would outright refuse any order I gave while the recognition voice sound would continuously loop.
Check your privilege, commander scum.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
h2FAF198F

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just got the DLC for Kings Bounty last game for 5 euros that I made from selling the imaginary cards. Fire and Ice I think its called.

Ashery

Prophet
I'm done with KB games... it's the same shit repeated ad nauseum.

If it was a game with a focus on multiplayer where frequent releases fragment and ultimately help kill off the online community, you'd have a point, but that isn't the case with KB. They've got a formula that seems to result in games of a consistent level of quality, and considering how most other devs have no grasp of what actual innovation is, I'd much rather see the former than the latter. At least when it comes to games that are entirely single player.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom