Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda comes to GOG: Classic Elder Scrolls games released, Fallout trilogy returns

Turjan

Arcane
Thanks. The comic sets the mood and explains what this all is about.

pippin

Behead those who pay Bethesda for the original Fallouts.

:mob:

Yes, my son, fight the Good Fight...

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
You used the Wiwiland installers, like this one?
Not only are they free (and officially released for free by Bethesda, not as abandonware) but they come with an easy installer, perfect for retards. You just install and run them like you would any other modern game.

Hm, I can't exactly remember what I did, I think I tried it two or three times in DosBox and it never really worked*, much like I tried Albion and Dark Sun and some other games, so I am always happy when I get the stuff on GoG cause I never had problems with that and don't have to bother with any kind of configuration or whatever. Oh well..

*by that I mean, they all ran but they ran like shit. Daggerfall was choppy as fuck, Albion had sound issues and Dark Sun was also choppy and had weird glitches.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just bought the Elder Scrolls pack, simply great having all the cool games and Morrowind in one convinient package, as soon as they have Quake 3 I am in like Flynn for that one too

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Cool, I can buy Fallout a second time to support Bethesda even though I already have it in my account.

:troll:

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
I suppose I may throw them some money and increase my collection. They have made many dumb things, and spoiled great opportunities, but after all they gave me Arena and Dagerfall, didn't they? I can't hate them no matter how much I try.

Grim Monk

Arcane
There are complaints about control issues in Battlespire on the support forums.

Very strange issue with Battlespire. I've tried with several different control schemes, including the defaults. I find that when facing certain directions, moving forward and backward move me slightly diagonally. This only happens when facing certain ways and is entirely inconsistent.

I don't know how others are experiencing this, but in my game it is VERY obvious and clear that the game is moving me to the side. It also, like I said, only happens when facing in certain compass directions. Try it out. Turn yourself 45 degrees and saw yourself back and forward, then turn again. You'll notice the effect changes based on which way you're facing. It also switches which side you'll drift to.

It makes the game completely unplayable for me. I'm waiting on a response to my ticket which I still haven't gotten yet, but I may be forced to ask for a refund.
Link:
http://af.gog.com/forum/elder_scrolls_series/battlespire_controls_move_me_diagonaly?as=1649904300

Also apparently the Battlespire manual is messed up.
So I was going through the Battlespire manual that came with the install and pages I-III 10-11, 14-15, and 18-19 are missing.
Also, pages 34 and 35 are swapped around.
It's pretty glaring to anyone trying to read it which means GOG put 0 effort into checking the product they're selling...
Link:
http://af.gog.com/forum/elder_scrolls_series/battlespire_manual_missing_pages?as=1649904300

Tagging: JudasIscariot

EDIT: From the main GOG thread
Redguard's importance for the RPG series lies more in the point that this game shipped with the first "Pocket Guide to the Empire".

Edit: Of course, they cut out the "Pocket Guide to the Empire" from the manual they put in the GOG.com version. You still see it in the table of contents though. Which is even more infuriating than the lack of the comic.

:x Words fail me...

Also the Redguard originally came with map.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Redguard:Map
As far as I can tell that is not included in the GOG version...

Last edited by a moderator:

Grim Monk

Arcane
And I found out the :lol: reason why the Battlespire Manual is messed up.

GOG couldn't be bothered to find and scan a copy or get Bethesda to provide one.
Instead they used the scan found here:
http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?94839-An-Elder-Scrolls-Legend-Battlespire-Manual

It's an "Abandonware"/"Old Warez" site and the 2nd/3rd Google result for "battlespire manual"!

Its has the exact same missing pages as the GOG version...
I-III 10-11, 14-15, and 18-19.

Actually that also might explain why "Pocket Guide to the Empire" is missing.
The most prevalent scan of the Redguard Manual messed up that section.
See for yourselves:
http://ge.tt/3qMsb1O/v/0?c
Some parts of the text are well nigh illegible.

So they probably just cut it rather then track down another scan...

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Holy crap, lazy fucks all around. See, this is why you don't have to worry about "Enhanced Editions" of the original Fallouts. Bethesda could never be arsed to do the work.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's not like GOG doesn't have the budget to buy a physical copy of Redguard and scan everything themselves. In fact, it would be cool if they just did so for every old game they release, since scan quality is really inconsistent across their releases and that does look somewhat unprofessional.

m_s0

Arcane
This was Herve Caen saying F... you to Beth after Interplay lost lawsuit over Fallout MMO not GOG decision new fag:

The Gypsy contributed to :incline: this time.
Yeah, it's kinda funny how for a brief moment RPG Codex united with Herve of all people - Satan himself, basically - against a common enemy :M

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Can't download shit at the moment. How did Bethesda taint the Fallouts on GOG? Do you get a Presented By Bethesda By Retards For Retards when you launch them?

m_s0

Arcane
If you got Fo1, Fo2 and Tactics before GOG took it down you still have all of them as 'Classic' in your library. Which is nice, because fuck Fallout with a Bethesda logo.

Grim Monk

Arcane
I just took a look at the Redguard Manual, and it actually turned :oops: out to be a different Scan.
(Amusingly it is of noticeably worse visual quality than the one posted above.)

And it must be noted that in cutting the "Pocket Guide" they also cut out the sections following it.
The "Addendum" which listed a bunch of game controls not found elsewhere in the manual.
Not :roll: sure how new players are supposed to find out about them now...

As for the "Pocket Guide to the Empire" we can currently only speculate.
Either the GOG version also had trouble scanning it correctly and they ditched it, or it was an order from ZeniMax HQ.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
If you got Fo1, Fo2 and Tactics before GOG took it down you still have all of them as 'Classic' in your library. Which is nice, because fuck Fallout with a Bethesda logo.

I see. Also it looks like the only "goodies" the Bethesda versions of FO1 and 2 are the manual and a reference card. LOL WTF

pippin

I see. Also it looks like the only "goodies" the Bethesda versions of FO1 and 2 are the manual and a reference card. LOL WTF

Yeah the new versions were stripped of almost every extra stuff. Including the Bible, which sucks. The old versions still have them all though.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The truly sad thing is, only we know Fallout/Fallout 2 were made by Black Isle Studio.

The rest of the world doesn't know...... or care.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's not like GOG doesn't have the budget to buy a physical copy of Redguard and scan everything themselves. In fact, it would be cool if they just did so for every old game they release, since scan quality is really inconsistent across their releases and that does look somewhat unprofessional.

JudasIscariot GOG could have asked around... I wonder who has so many of these classic games they sell.....? :hmmm:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom