Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Captain Shrek

Volourn said:
I go for the hot gals.
volly.gif

Bros. this looks legit.

Lingwe

Liturgist
Put this one in the delusional pile.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... -the-mods/

The entire leveling system in Oblivion needed to be redone. You can trust Bethesda Game Studios to be very critical of their own games, even if we as the community didn't find it to be a huge problem, they would still see it in need of fixing. This is the one team of devs I trust with being smart on development.

Blind Freddy could have seen that Oblivion's levelling problem was the shit but they still put it in the game. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Hey assholes, the servers for DA:O have been down since friday causing all sorts of DLC-related problems. While the complaints of not being able to play a singleplayer game because of a server issue started to pile up something fierce Bioware only decided acknowledge the problem yesterday with a weak "we know" reply. There are people talking about contacting the media and lawyers and shit over on the forums. Why are we not talking about it? Let's talk about it! I'll go first:

Boy howdy am I glad I pirated the game so I don't have to deal with the DRM.

Alright, next.

For more info, go here where every thread is related to this catastrophe: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/58/index

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
sommtimes a sörver crashes, not much bi0 can do abuot it, pröbäbly the hd with the db is fucked up and thär are no bäckupps. who would häv thought we would nead bäckupps anyways?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"There are people talking about contacting the media and lawyers and shit over on the forums."

I dare these morans to sue over the servers being down. They would lose easily.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
As far as I know, yes, but apparently some are saying the ME2 server (Cerberus Network) is also behaving strangely although it doesn't keep the DLC from working. :D

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
And then people ask me why I pirate my games that require online activation. And they're actually serious when they ask...

DAO in particular is a funny example. Bioware and EA made a big thing out of going back to disk checks with it after ME1. But the minute you install a DLC (and one of them came free with the game... so why wouldn't you?) you suddenly can't play the game at all if the servers have problems.

This reminds me of Sacred Gold. With the latest patch, the DRM is completely removed. So, you need a valid key and so forth to play online... but you DON'T need to be connected to play SP. Same for Diablo 2. They're ONLINE GAMES where you can play SP offline. And DAO, an SP-only game, can only be played online...

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hell, Blizzard even removed the CD checks from all their old games a few years ago. I doubt Bioware will ever patch the DRM out of their games.

Volourn said:
I dare these morans to sue over the servers being down. They would lose easily.

Do share with us, princess, why you think they would "easily" lose? And just in case were considering typing: "EULA, moran!" -- call your lawyer boyfriend first. And think it through a little. Unless you KNOW that the Bio-servers were struck by an act of God (and given the biblical awfulness of DA2, I admit this is certainly a very real possibility) such as floods, lightning, civil unrest, - then yes, they would then 'easily' lose in their legal action.

Honestly, you write such shit I can usually smell your posts from my garage. These Biocustomers can be living anywhere in the world, and yet you issue your bullshitz legal opinion without even knowing which jurisdictions you're talking about.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Xor said:
Hell, Blizzard even removed the CD checks from all their old games a few years ago.
I think they only did so for Diablo 2, but that's because all the others (of the older ones) require the disk in the drive because they actually read data off it.

I mentioned Sacred because I rememebred it first, but it's obvious Ascaron was copying Diablo 2 with the copy protection scheme. Both games need a valid key to play online. Both games only used a CD check to play SP offline. Both games got the CD check removed in later patches. In fact what I initially said about not needing to be online to play is wrong, because in both games you don't even need to go online to activate. And why would you, for an SP campaign?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sceptic said:
Xor said:
Hell, Blizzard even removed the CD checks from all their old games a few years ago.
I think they only did so for Diablo 2, but that's because all the others (of the older ones) require the disk in the drive because they actually read data off it.

The latest patches for Warcraft 3, Starcraft, and Diablo all disable the CD check, too; you just have to take an extra step and copy some data files into the game directory.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did it with Warcraft 2 too, but I haven't touched my copy of that in over a decade.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
As someone that wasn't annoyed by the battles in Origins, can someone please tell me where's the Skip Fight mod for DAII is?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom