Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
ironyuri said:
treave said:
Lingwe said:
I'm an 18 year old man. I started in 2002, when I was 12, with Morrowind. So I've been playing TES games for 8 years now.

What's wrong with this sentence?

He's actually 18 years old, man and boy.

Doesn't anyone see that there is a greater problem with his post than man-child-ness...

If he is 18 years old and began playing Morrowind at 12 and has played TES games for 8 years now as a result... there are 2 years unaccounted for... 18-12 = 6.

12+8=20

Either he cannot do arithmetic. Is lying about his actual age. Cannot remember how old he was in 2002... or he went back in time and played Morrowind for an additional 2 years because he liked it so much.

All of these possibilities are disturbing in the XTREME (not xtreme Shepard XTREME)

:lol:

Went back in time seems more probable.

Well sence Shepard gender was never recorded in history who know what under those clothing. Lol to think that shepard could be a cuntboy or a herm is really funny. Why not go as far as this. It is Sci-fi with DNA minuplation. The skies are not the limites with Mass Effect. Even though BioWares decided to put their boot down on the one aspect of the game that made it sell so much. I mean really who bot ME 1 before Fox news come out saying. "Sex in a Video Game." I know that what grab my attion.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Abelon Blanchetourbe said:
Well sence Shepard gender was never recorded in history who know what under those clothing. Lol to think that shepard could be a cuntboy or a herm is really funny. Why not go as far as this. It is Sci-fi with DNA minuplation. The skies are not the limites with Mass Effect. Even though BioWares decided to put their boot down on the one aspect of the game that made it sell so much. I mean really who bot ME 1 before Fox news come out saying. "Sex in a Video Game." I know that what grab my attion.

Okay, I'm going to need to know where you found this so I can go and see if there's more. This is hilarious.

I think it's the absolutely shit grammar and spelling that sells the raving weeabo multi-gender fuckery.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
And suddenly it all comes together.

I was expecting some sort of crazy, soon-to-be-deleted thread on the Bioboards. This makes loads more sense, even if there won't be any bizarro screaming "discussion" before the perma-lock comes in.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
entertainer said:
I'm not worried one bit about the graphics. Just look what the community was able to do with 3. They took a game that looked dated when it came out in '07 and turned it into a Crysis challenger.

I haven't played this "crysis", but I would guess from the context that it was some sort of nudity and sex simulator.

Deleted member 7219

Xor said:
entertainer said:
I'm not worried one bit about the graphics. Just look what the community was able to do with 3. They took a game that looked dated when it came out in '07 and turned it into a Crysis challenger.

I haven't played this "crysis", but I would guess from the context that it was some sort of nudity and sex simulator.

:love:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Xor said:
entertainer said:

A midlife crisis simulator?

Multi-headed Cow

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk ... 79&page=34
First house in Minefield, right? (approaching from the south) That was cool, in a creepy sort of way, although for me somehow less emotional than the "let us in, assholes" and "we're DYING, motherfuckers" signs right at your doorstep.
Start flipping pages back if you want to see people talking about how Fallout 3 is their favorite game in the series.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Multi-headed Cow said:
http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=51979&page=34
a bona fide retard said:
So yeah, I agree with the F3>F1>F2 statement. I think F1 had such strong RPG mechanics and writing behind it that it managed to be good in spite of its UI and control scheme.
ROFLcake delivery has arrived. That's a goldmine for some of the most mindless arguments I've read on FO3/FO1/2.

Multi-headed Cow

It sinks to even more horrifying depths of derp when you realize some of those people work on video games or are game journalists.

I even like Fallout 3 and reading that thread overwhelmed me with impotent nerd rage.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
managed to be good in spite of its UI and control scheme.
What about F3 retard-boy interface? Same as in with Oblivion, that UI was made for consoles. Somehow F1/2 ui and controls didn't make me rage as clumsy new-gen :/

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Multi-headed Cow said:
It sinks to even more horrifying depths of derp when you realize some of those people work on video games or are game journalists.
On the contrary, it makes perfect sense once you realize that.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Multi-headed Cow said:
http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=51979&page=34
First house in Minefield, right? (approaching from the south) That was cool, in a creepy sort of way, although for me somehow less emotional than the "let us in, assholes" and "we're DYING, motherfuckers" signs right at your doorstep.
Start flipping pages back if you want to see people talking about how Fallout 3 is their favorite game in the series.

I disagree. You need all the boring and repetitive stuffs so when you actually do find something, you feel that it's truly unique, a treasure, an X on the map that no one has found. This is a wasteland, afterall.

Yeah, not really sure where the reputation of being an open-world game that was about exploring the environment came from for the first 2.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1106998-remaster-fallout-1-and-2/page__st__20

Yes definitely remake FO 1 & 2 in the style of FO 3, the RPGers still have the other games to play, revamp them up! Its not like history hasn't ever been rewritten :) I've just started playing Fallout and it just takes sooooooooo Loooooooong to kill lots of people in the rpg, I could have done it in much less time than turn based combat allows. While hist. & Can. may be a problem for sum, you still have the original games while the shooter faternity can get blasting away with the remakes. Makes sense. FOBoS isn't considered canon but it still got made FO3 isn't considered canon by sum but still it got made and now many more people love Fallout3. If I cud switch between 1st and 3rd person in the original games that would be so good, theres nothing wrong with non-turned based combat and theres nothing wrong with wanting it. I can see why people loved the PC originals but not everyone is the same and games have moved on.

An average Fallout 3 fan.

Although the topic has a bit of incline in the community since majority of people think that first two games should not be remade.

Monocause

Arcane
Serious dumbfuckery from CivFanatics:

TheDS said:
If you can't contribute to a thread, stay out of it. It really is that simple.

/rant
The Byzantines are a culture we just don't know much about. In high school, the only thing I learned about them was that they were the Eastern Roman Empire and they survived after the Western half fell to barbarian onslaught. Somehow between now and then, the adjective "byzantine" came to be synonymous with "archaic" and "useless". Kinda like "Vandals" and "Huns". I blame the Ottomans. Everyone likes their furniture so much they forget how it was made. Kinda like Nikes.

From a more practical standpoint, what really makes them worthy to be included? What did they accomplish that was really noteworthy, other than surviving a thousand years in obscurity. They're barely a footnote, and a maligned one at that.

Jesus fucking christ, what an idiot. It doesn't end here though, some guy later replied, listing a couple of achievements that these 'oh so obscure byzantines' procured over the ages, and that's what he replied:

Dude, this is an absolutely wonderful contribution and is exactly why I hate it when someone gets pissy about thread necromancy. I just learned about a dozen things I never knew. Thank you for sharing this. And btw, it also proves my point; the general public doesn't know about that. They don't even know Hungary speaks Mongolian. I only learned that this year.

Again, Jesus fucking christ! If someone on the 'dex lives near Daytona beach and plans to procreate, send your goddamn kid somewhere else for education. Great that the poor, unwashed general public didn't receive education at Daytona beach.

The most powerful political entity of its time 'surviving in obscurity' and Hungarians who speak Mongolian. Jesus. :nerdrage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom