Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

pippin

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
So...I'm kinda late to the party on this one, but this came as quite a surprise to me. I've been meaning to play The Banner Saga for ages, but something dissuaded me from doing so. Then I heard a rumour, and checked a LP on YouTube to confirm it...it's true! Not only is there Icelandic spoken in The Banner Saga...but the English spoken in it is spoken with an Icelandic accent!

But wait...there's more! There's a game out called Jotun, and that ALSO has Icelandic spoken in it. The trailer is entirely in Icelandic! (with English subtitles)

If Luzur can be shedding tears for Carolus and Sverige all over GD, I can shed a frozen tear for Iceland doing something cool as well.

Luzur

Good Sir
So...I'm kinda late to the party on this one, but this came as quite a surprise to me. I've been meaning to play The Banner Saga for ages, but something dissuaded me from doing so. Then I heard a rumour, and checked a LP on YouTube to confirm it...it's true! Not only is there Icelandic spoken in The Banner Saga...but the English spoken in it is spoken with an Icelandic accent!

But wait...there's more! There's a game out called Jotun, and that ALSO has Icelandic spoken in it. The trailer is entirely in Icelandic! (with English subtitles)

If Luzur can be shedding tears for Carolus and Sverige all over GD, I can shed a frozen tear for Iceland doing something cool as well.

hPf0X0Z.jpg

:carolus: :singletear:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

I've been playing Jotun for a bit and it's quite good for what it is. A bit short, but eh. Most of the game is exploration with little in the way of fighting. The environmental hazards are mostly there to demonstrate the mechanics in the boss fights. And you explore the areas to get runes (unlocks progress), god powers (handy) and golden apples (increases max hp). at the end of each world, there's a boss fight and those are where the challenge (and fun!) in the game really lies. They all took me several attempts to clear, even after knowing what I was supposed to be doing.

You can blow through it in an afternoon if you want, so I'm not sure about the current asking price. Once it goes on sale it's a no-brainer to get.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Apparently there are now action figures for popular youtubers who play or have something to do with minecraft.

qL10RhY.png

EDIT: And a promotional video that's probably more suited to a different thread.

EDIT 2: Oh lawd, there's a website with profiles and everything

jrL6Bkg.png

DFcAI4c.png

93MzqhZ.png

VsBX2yr.png

XhMH2u8.png

HxSqCC0.png

FIV1Gyk.png

TyU9iBr.png

rXc5KGB.png

j85OhrK.png

Last edited:

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
He threw a lit match into a plastic bag filled with fucking paper, only to afterwards put a fucking cardboardbox ontop of the burning plastic bag, and when he finally gets it under control with the rag/duvet he goes to the kitchen for fucking ages to collect half a litre of water while leaving the shitty blanket ontop of the fire. And how old is this guy? mid 30's?
I feel sorry for the rest of the people in the that building.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Did he not have a fire extinguisher? I'm pretty sure that apartments are required to have them here in Kwa, so it seems like they would be in Japan. Or was it just too heavy for him to lift?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
This is Japan, it's weird. Germany is also weird, so I can sort of relate -

There are no fire extinguishers or sprinklers in normal apartments here, either. Also in a lot of buildings, in case of a fire, the doors lock and the official instructions are to wait for help on the balcony. (Okay, to be fair by a lot of buildings I mean two apartment complexes I lived in, both in East Germany.)

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
What the fuck? I know Europeans have to rely on the government to come to the rescue if someone breaks into their homes, but having to do so in a fire too? What's the explanation for this?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Also in a lot of buildings, in case of a fire, the doors lock and the official instructions are to wait for help on the balcony. (Okay, to be fair by a lot of buildings I mean two apartment complexes I lived in, both in East Germany.)
Must be a German thing.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You're not required to have fire extinguishers in your home in Germany. I live in a house and don't have any. When I visit friends who live in apartments, they don't have any either. Then again, nobody I know is retarded enough to start a fire.

Sodafish

Arcane
You're not required to have extinguishers in the UK either (in private residences), but auto-locking doors in a burning building is a special case of pants-on-head retardation.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Maybe it's a Darwinian thing - if you start a fire then you deserve to die in the fire, just to make sure you don't have any/more offspring.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
You're not required to have fire extinguishers in your home in Germany. I live in a house and don't have any. When I visit friends who live in apartments, they don't have any either. Then again, nobody I know is retarded enough to start a fire.
You should at least have one in your kitchen. Even if you're not dumb enough to put a piece of burning something in a bag of paper, cooking fires are a real possibility.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom