Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

pippin

The tomb thing is especially cringeworthy to me. What kind of lethal gasses are floating in the air after so many years of being closed and isolated?

Chamezero

"Video Game Logic"
h01EB51EE
cb05c9b157.png

DramaticPopcorn

Yeah analyzing PoE's completion rate a month after the game's release is a very smart think to do.

Most people play games scarcely or have something more casual that occupies their time, not everyone is commited to one title at a time nowadays, so you shouldn't expect people getting through such expansive world in a month.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Jeez, I've been busy so I haven't made it past Act II yet. Come on give me a break, The Guardian.

Also, why is Pillars the headline when they mention D:OS having been out for much longer but with a smaller completion percentage?
Guess you can't reference anything made more than one or two months ago or you lose clicks.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guess you can't reference anything made more than one or two months ago or you lose clicks.

Yeah, which is why they assume people won't play anything made more than one or two months ago so those who haven't finished the game yet won't finish it ever because next week it's already yesterday's old stuff :M

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
People who haven't finished it yet won't ever finish it because it's fucking boring. It's a chore to play, and only fanboys and masochists force themselves to do so.

Pillars probably isn't the best example to use, I'd agree. I haven't finished it either, just kinda lost steam somewhere after Act 3.

Unwanted

Goat Vomit

Andhaira
Andhaira
I don't finish 90% of the games I play and I suspect most people are the same way. PoE just wasn't compelling enough to hold peoples' interest after a certain point.

Luzur

Good Sir
The tomb thing is especially cringeworthy to me. What kind of lethal gasses are floating in the air after so many years of being closed and isolated?

that and the always lit candles..

who light the candles in sealed tombs? blue lights i can understand being supernatural stuff but ordinary candles and torches being lit for thousands of years? or do the undead go around and exchange them when they go out?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't finish 90% of the games I play and I suspect most people are the same way. PoE just wasn't compelling enough to hold peoples' interest after a certain point.
You suspect wrong. Just take a quick look at steam achievement rates.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom