Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
That's fine that you think that, but tweeting about it - with hashtags, no less! - is a bit over the top, wouldn't you say?
Why? Aren't hash tags a thing people do on Twitter? I'm sorry, I'm so new to all this. :(

What do you think about the Morrowind soundtrack?
Fantastic, different vein than Skyrim's and more immediately memorable, puts me in a different mood.

People use hashtags to draw attention to themselves and/or to attempt to get something "trending" on twatter. Using hashtags is for women and viraling :smug:

I think we should focus on the Morrowind soundtrack.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
X2q1Veu.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Deleting XBOX games = Throwing away books.
It's a good thing I have a great steam library.
:troll:

If he was playing on PC he could just get a bigger harddrive, but noooo....

Same for the xbox. Dudebro is either attention whoring or 2dumb4me

Storage media
    • Detachable Hard Drives
      20, 60, 120 or 250 GB (older models); 250 or 320 GB (Xbox 360 S models)
    • Memory Cards (Removable) (Original design only)
      64 MB, 256 MB, 512 MB
    • On-board storage chip
      • Arcade Consoles(later models)
        256 MB, 512 MB
      • Budget level "Xbox 360 S" consoles:
        4 GB
    • USB storage device (requires system software update)
      1 GB to 32 GB
    • Cloud storage (requires Xbox LIVE Gold Membership)
      512 MB

pippin

I still remember how local magazines built enormous ammonts of hype for Daikatana, but as soon as it was released, they just stopped talking about it. It just disappeared. Looking back, it's just another late 90s shooter. Romero's attitude was one thing, but in the end it feels somewhat comfortable that you actually have to fight rather than run for cover and watch constant cutscenes. And yes, it's amusing that this same studio made Deus Ex.
Quake 2 was alright, but in a "finish once and forget about it" sense.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
t's amusing that this same studio made Deus Ex.
It really wasn't. I mean yeah, they were both called Ion Storm, and Romero was essentially paying for it, but they were otherwise completely separate. Warren Spector was running a smaller, cheaper group in Austin, while the rockstars were in Dallas.

pippin

Yeah, and that makes it even more funny. id lost all its mojo when the core group went separate ways.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
That's the first Yahtzee video I see where he fully rambles off up his own arse.

Not because I (dis)agree with him, but because he lost track somewhere along the way.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Well, Ion Storm Dallas with Tom Hall as director also made Anachronox, so it was basically Romero's fuckup.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I still remember how local magazines built enormous ammonts of hype for Daikatana, but as soon as it was released, they just stopped talking about it. It just disappeared. Looking back, it's just another late 90s shooter. Romero's attitude was one thing, but in the end it feels somewhat comfortable that you actually have to fight rather than run for cover and watch constant cutscenes. And yes, it's amusing that this same studio made Deus Ex.
Quake 2 was alright, but in a "finish once and forget about it" sense.

The hype mostly came from Stevie Case playboy pictures, noone really cared about the game itself since it was pretty obvious it would be shit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Popamole (and not so popamole) devs answer the question - what do you love about PC gaming?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Code:
  STR_STINGRAY_UFOPEDIA: "ADVANCED AIR TO AIR MISSILE WITH SPECIALLY SHIELDED ELECTRONICS."
STR_AVALANCHE_UFOPEDIA: "AIR TO AIR MISSILE WITH NUCLEAR WARHEAD, BUT AN EXTREMELY HEAVY LOAD."
  STR_CANNON_UFOPEDIA: "HIGH POWERED CANNON WHICH FIRES ARMOUR PIERCING ROUNDS CAPABLE OF PENETRATING 16 INCHES OF STEEL."
  STR_FUSION_BALL_UFOPEDIA: "THIS LAUNCHER FIRES A BALL SHAPED MISSILE POWERED BY ANTI-MATTER REACTION. THE BALL DESTROYS THE TARGET WITH A GRAVITY WAVE IMPLOSION."
  STR_LASER_CANNON_UFOPEDIA: "THIS CONVENTIONAL LASER BEAM IS POWERED BY AN ANTI-MATTER REACTION CHAMBER."
  STR_PLASMA_BEAM_UFOPEDIA: "THE GRAVITY BEAM DIRECTS A FINELY CHANNELLED IMPLODING GRAVITY FIELD."

That's craft weapon descriptions from UFO: Enemy Unknown.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

I was safe from knowledge of their existence, and until yesterday I thought that they were added by the creators of OpenXcom, but alas, they are real.
I like to imagine whoever designed X-Com found them so horrible that he disabled them in code on all platforms the game was published on:

(Scroll to 13 minutes 10 seconds)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom